• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soy Isoflavones??

Hey Danielle!! When do you have your next scan?

January 21st, we will find out if it's a boy or girl hopefully.
How are you doing Nikkie?

Aww how exciting. Hopefully baby will sit still so you can find out. I'm doing pretty good. My cycle is still a little off since the mc. They seem to be longer and I didn't seem to ovulate this month. Hoping next month goes better!!

Hi All,
I am new to this site and was wondering if any of you are using Licorice Root? I have a son, 3 years old and we have been TTC #2 for 3 years now. We concieved in Sept 2010, but miscarried in Dec 2010 and conceived again in Dec 2011, but miscarried again. I was recently diagnosed with diminished ovarian syndrome and have the MTHFR factor. Doc RX'd me Folbee for the MTHFR and has me taking baby aspirin daily. In addition to that I have been taking:
Licorice Root 450mg 2x/day (days 5-9)
Royal Jelly Capsules: 500mg 2x/day
Bee Propolis: 500mg 2x/day
CoQ10: 100mg daily

I did an OPK today, CD 10, and it was positive, which is add since I usually ovulate around CD 14 or 15. Anyone have any experience with herbs that can give me some input. This is only my second cycle using herbs. Last cycle I used a digital OPK and got a positive on CD 15.

Thanks! I look forward to talking with you all!

I never tried any of those while TTC so I can't offer much help on that. As far as the MTHFR factor- I follow a TTC journal of a lady who has it. I'm not sure if she's tried any of the herbs. But here's a link to her journal if you want to check it out: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ltttc-journals/792687-pcos-mthfr-hashimotos-septum-me-ttc-journey-w-5-mcs.html

Well I decided to not take soy this cycle. Ever since the MC I have had really long cycles and decided I would just give my body a rest this month. Hoping that I might have better luck just on my own.

Thanks.. If not then I will probably try soy again next cycle..

How are you doing Kerrbear? When do you have your next scan?

Thanks.. If not then I will probably try soy again next cycle..

How are you doing Kerrbear? When do you have your next scan?

I'm doing pretty good. I had my first appt today and they changed my due date to 8/10/13. I have another appt on the 31st which will be my 12 week appt. They may do a scan at that time. If not, I won't have another scan until 20 weeks. So I'll have to see what happens at that appt.

Have you considered a private ultrasound? We had one at like 16 and a half weeks and it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever been thru. It was so cool to just watch little Phillip move around, suck his thumb && play with his junk haha it's so much better than an ultrasound at the doc because it's for fun so all the time is spent just watching the baby, rather than measuring this, checking for this, etc. I totally recommend it it's in your budget. Ours was only 60 something bucks and I would have paid twice that! It's such an amazing thing, the look on hubs face was priceless and I'll never forget the experience :)

ps- i just looked at your sig, our heartbeats were almost the same exact rate at the same exact stage of pregnancy. we were at 124 at 6w2d .. if I believe the old wives tales, I'd guess your growing a boy... but i don't believe them :haha:

Hey there girls!!! I'm not new to soy isoflavones as I did take them one cycle about two years ago... I have an ivf cycle in December the resulted in a :bfn: I'm currently on cycle day 2 of a natural cycle before I start another iui or ivf cycle but the thing is the my natural cycles are about 120+ days!!!! So I'm taking soy to see if my cycle shortens any... Would any of you recommend when to start taking them? Cd 2,3,5? I'm thinking of trying cd 3 or 5 but I'm not sure :shrug:

You take them for 5 days. I took them 3-7 and got a :bfp: the first cycle!! I also used Geritol tonic (tasted like @$$ but totally worth it!!)

You take them for 5 days. I took them 3-7 and got a :BFP: the first cycle!! I also used Geritol tonic (tasted like @$$ but totally worth it!!)

Thank you Powell :hugs: I pray I get a natural bfp before going in for another fertility cycle

you're welcome! good luck hun!! I know of someone on here that went for their fertility appointment and found out she was preggers!

Have you considered a private ultrasound? We had one at like 16 and a half weeks and it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever been thru. It was so cool to just watch little Phillip move around, suck his thumb && play with his junk haha it's so much better than an ultrasound at the doc because it's for fun so all the time is spent just watching the baby, rather than measuring this, checking for this, etc. I totally recommend it it's in your budget. Ours was only 60 something bucks and I would have paid twice that! It's such an amazing thing, the look on hubs face was priceless and I'll never forget the experience :)

ps- i just looked at your sig, our heartbeats were almost the same exact rate at the same exact stage of pregnancy. we were at 124 at 6w2d .. if I believe the old wives tales, I'd guess your growing a boy... but i don't believe them :haha:

I was thinking about checking into a private scan. They talked about so much at my appt yesterday that IThey actually changed my due date to 8/10 so my ultrasound would have been at 6 weeks 5 days, lol. My parents think it will be a girl, but we're not finding out the sex. How did you go about setting up a private scan?

I was thinking about checking into a private scan. They talked about so much at my appt yesterday that IThey actually changed my due date to 8/10 so my ultrasound would have been at 6 weeks 5 days, lol. My parents think it will be a girl, but we're not finding out the sex. How did you go about setting up a private scan?

A friend of mine actually told me about the place we went to. Babys First Images. I'm not sure if they have that specific ones but google gender ultrasounds

Got my BFP today on my 3rd cycle of soy (4th cycle of TTC with current donor). This month I went for broke and took 160mg cycle days 3-7 (which was more than I had taken my previous soy cycles).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->