• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soy Isoflavones??

I will be starting soy tomorrow night (CD3). I'm a little bit nervous about it.

just noticed this thread and thought I would share my soy experience :)

I have PCOS and have been trying for almost 14 months, my shortest cycle was 53 days (longest 77) and my cycles were annovulatory so last cycle I took 200mg of soy CD2-6 and ovulated for the first time ever on CD18 :D so this cycle I've taken the same dose on the same days and I ovulated on CD18 again :happydance: it's amazing stuff! good luck and :dust:

oh and I forgot to say I took soy for the first time in february, the dose i did was 80, 120, 160, 160, 200 on CD3-7 and didn't respond so upped my dose :) if you don't ovulate on the soy first time just try a higher dose :D

Starting soy today!

I'm going to stick with 100mg for each dose and see what that does.

Hi everyone, just wanted to post quick update. This is my first month using siy. I took it cd3-cd7. I took 100g for cd3, cd4, cd5 tgen 200g for cd6 and Cd7. I took it during tgevdsy, side effects for ne where hit flushes on cd 3-5 then and mikd cramping. drank around 2ltres of water everyday as i heard this hrlos to alleviate the syptoms and lots of warm hearbal tea. It helped cos no side effects on cd6 or 7 even withbtge higher dosing. Was actually starting to worrt it didn't work tgen...cd9 today...feeling very wet fown there but when i check nothing. checked several times throughout tge day n at 4.56pm (i vhecked cos i was so excited) i saw the tones of EWCM on the tissue...very exciting for me as i very very raraly get ewcm and certainly not this early. I usually have long cycles n o vlate do this is great. i will be testing opk tonight so fx.

Gl everyone xxx

kerrbear - I am on CD4 so I just started last night! Very excited!! I am taking it in the evening with dinner. So far today I haven't had any side effects. I did 150mg. I am doing 150 for CD 3-6 and then 200 for CD 7.

So happy to hear all these success stories, even the ones with just an earlier O time! :happydance:

kerrbear - I am on CD4 so I just started last night! Very excited!! I am taking it in the evening with dinner. So far today I haven't had any side effects. I did 150mg. I am doing 150 for CD 3-6 and then 200 for CD 7.

So happy to hear all these success stories, even the ones with just an earlier O time! :happydance:

Is this your first time taking it? I was planning on doing 120mg CD3-5, then 160mg CD 6 & 7. I wonder if I should up it to 200mg the last 2 days. This is my first time taking it.

Hi guys, second update- I got ewcm on cd9 and started testing with opk and i am also using bbt and saliva ovulation kits (ur saliva forms very strong clear ferning patterns when you are ovulating.and.most fertile and this can be seen through a microscope).

Very excited as I got my first ever smiley face on the clear blue digital opk today cd14. My bbt spiked yesterday and today still high temp and I got full ferning patterns on the saliva ovulation kit ywsterday cd13 and ff chart stated most fertile so its official I have O.

Wow i have 35 days cycle normally and O quite late if at all. Looks like this cycle i o 7days ealier than ususal for me, thank God for soy and just thanking God period. lots of dtd for next few days to catch that eggie.

GL to everyone and lots of baby dust.

Just an update. I took Soy this month from Cd5-9. I know when I was O. We did a lot of BD and now I'm at DPO 8. I had little symptoms on DPO 6 but now only my breasts feels a little bit sore. I kinda feel like I might be out this month again. I'm doing some tests starting today to see whats wrong.
Next time I do Soy i'll start at CD3 instead of 5. And finish with 200mg.

I just finished my last dose of soy last night. I thought AF was over last night but I had some slight bleeding when I got up today. Hopefully that was just the tail end. My last cycle bleeding was very light (like this one) and lasted 9-10 days instead of the usual 5-7 days. Maybe this is the same. Can soy cause prolonged menstruation? Has anyone else had bleeding longer than usual with soy?

My cycle is so strange that I wouldn't notice if soy made it any stranger.

So far so good. I have no side effects at all. I'm taking 150mg at night right before I go to bed.

I just finished my last dose of soy last night. I thought AF was over last night but I had some slight bleeding when I got up today. Hopefully that was just the tail end. My last cycle bleeding was very light (like this one) and lasted 9-10 days instead of the usual 5-7 days. Maybe this is the same. Can soy cause prolonged menstruation? Has anyone else had bleeding longer than usual with soy?

I didn't have a longer flow but it was heavier. My usual flow on day 34 is usualy relstively light but this cycle days 3 and four looked more like my day 1 and teo flows. I started taking soy for first time on day 3 so thinking it was the Soy.

GL, hope you get your o sooner n even better your BFP!!!

I didn't have a longer flow but it was heavier. My usual flow on day 34 is usualy relstively light but this cycle days 3 and four looked more like my day 1 and teo flows. I started taking soy for first time on day 3 so thinking it was the Soy.

GL, hope you get your o sooner n even better your BFP!!!

Sorry i meant days 3 and 4 not day 34...that would be scary...lol

I haven't ovulated the past 2 cycles I charted. I didn't chart the last cycle because it was really weird. I'm hoping the soy will help. I'm on CD9 now and plan to start OPK's when I wake up (it's almost 2am here).

Oh wow...i'm in London and its around 12.45pm here. be sure to use opk twice a day if you can. i only dif once a day with first morning pee and got my positive smiley face on cd14 in the morning. just on a whim i checked again that afternoon (i wanted to see the smiley face again) but it was negative, checked again this morning and it was negative. Did some research and it turns out i peob picked up tge ebd of the surge yesterday morning cd14 and my surge probably started sometime cd13 afternoon evening but because i only checked cd13 morning i didn't realise. But my temp, saliva ferning pattern and the smiley face on cd14 show i certainly o but it was most likely a short lutueal phase and i was lucky to catch it on cd 14 morning. luckily dtd cd13, cd14 and today just to be on the safe side.

So just saying it pays to check opk at least twice a day as if you have a short lp like i did then its easy to miss.

Got my fingers crossed for you, really hoping June comes through for us all!! XXX

Just an update. I took Soy this month from Cd5-9. I know when I was O. We did a lot of BD and now I'm at DPO 8. I had little symptoms on DPO 6 but now only my breasts feels a little bit sore. I kinda feel like I might be out this month again. I'm doing some tests starting today to see whats wrong.
Next time I do Soy i'll start at CD3 instead of 5. And finish with 200mg.

You may still be in, some women have absolutley no preg syptoms and are pregnant! Got my fingers crossed for you!!! GL.xxx

Oh wow...i'm in London and its around 12.45pm here. be sure to use opk twice a day if you can. i only dif once a day with first morning pee and got my positive smiley face on cd14 in the morning. just on a whim i checked again that afternoon (i wanted to see the smiley face again) but it was negative, checked again this morning and it was negative. Did some research and it turns out i peob picked up tge ebd of the surge yesterday morning cd14 and my surge probably started sometime cd13 afternoon evening but because i only checked cd13 morning i didn't realise. But my temp, saliva ferning pattern and the smiley face on cd14 show i certainly o but it was most likely a short lutueal phase and i was lucky to catch it on cd 14 morning. luckily dtd cd13, cd14 and today just to be on the safe side.

So just saying it pays to check opk at least twice a day as if you have a short lp like i did then its easy to miss.

Got my fingers crossed for you, really hoping June comes through for us all!! XXX

I was planning on going with twice a day. What I'm wondering though is if I should still try to test between 2 and 8pm. That seems to be the main recommendation on sites I've checked out. The thing is, I work from 3-11pm and sometimes later. My sleep schedule is a little weird. Sometimes I'm up at 10 or 11am, other days not until 12pm. It depends on when I get to sleep. So I'm wondering if I should go with testing between 2-8pm.

It depends what type of opk test you use and what the instructions say. I used the clear blue digital, the one that gives you a smiley face if positive and a circle if negative. Its my first cycle using opks so i wanted something easy and straightforward to use. The instructions tell you to use first morning pee as a preference but if you can't then try and hold your pee for 4hours and not drink too muvh to allow the lh to build up and tedt. So in your case you ciuld try 2pm and 8pm as they are more than four hours apart just be sure to try and limit drinking liquids or peeing four hrs before each test. Gl and keep us posted. Fingers crossed for all soy n june testers!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->