• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soy Isoflavones??

Oh btw o started using it in the morning as i was too excited to wait till evening yesterday, so far so good only side effect is hot flushes

Some exciting soy updates for me! I historically have ovulated between days 17 and 25, so the first time I used soy iso's (low dose) I was excited to see I O'd on day 15 or 16. Then last month (May) was my second month and I upped the soy iso dose a bit, and was going to have an IUI. Well, lo and behold my IUI got cancelled because from my day 12 scan on, I never had any follicles. Turned out, I must have O'd on about day 10, because I always get my period exactly 14 days after I ovulated, and the math says that I O'd before my Pre-IUI scan. I thought it was weird that I didn't have any follicles because I always O, and I could feel my ovaries about to burst a few days before the scan, and now I know it was that I O'd early from the soy.
I wasn't doing OPK's last month because of the IUI scans, but this month I am and this is month 3 on soy iso's. I'm not doing IUI this month due to DH being out of town next week, and today (CD9) I got a pos on my digital OPK's! Twice! Yay! So for two months in a row, the soy has brought my O forward to day 10 and day 9! And now, we got to DTD before he leaves, and while knowing that I am O'ing! I'm excited, things haven't been going my way so this was kind of an exciting moment of something finally going right! So I had EWCM, got a +opk, DTD (with pre-seed), and then used a soft cup, so hopefully I am SET! :)

That's awesome! I'm hoping I have good luck when I start taking the soy. Now on CD53 and have no signs of AF.

Some exciting soy updates for me! I historically have ovulated between days 17 and 25, so the first time I used soy iso's (low dose) I was excited to see I O'd on day 15 or 16. Then last month (May) was my second month and I upped the soy iso dose a bit, and was going to have an IUI. Well, lo and behold my IUI got cancelled because from my day 12 scan on, I never had any follicles. Turned out, I must have O'd on about day 10, because I always get my period exactly 14 days after I ovulated, and the math says that I O'd before my Pre-IUI scan. I thought it was weird that I didn't have any follicles because I always O, and I could feel my ovaries about to burst a few days before the scan, and now I know it was that I O'd early from the soy.
I wasn't doing OPK's last month because of the IUI scans, but this month I am and this is month 3 on soy iso's. I'm not doing IUI this month due to DH being out of town next week, and today (CD9) I got a pos on my digital OPK's! Twice! Yay! So for two months in a row, the soy has brought my O forward to day 10 and day 9! And now, we got to DTD before he leaves, and while knowing that I am O'ing! I'm excited, things haven't been going my way so this was kind of an exciting moment of something finally going right! So I had EWCM, got a +opk, DTD (with pre-seed), and then used a soft cup, so hopefully I am SET! :)

I tried Soy for the first time this month and I'm O tomorrow for sure. I can feel it on both side in ovary area. Is it possible? I feel sharp pain on both side. Sometimes it's only on one side and then it seems to switch over the other side. It feels weird.
Good luck everyone!

Danielle, you can ovulate from both ovaries occasionally, especially with soy (hence the higher chance of twins). But most likely, you will still ovulate from one side as usual. Before my first IUI scan I felt like both my ovaries were going to BURST, and I still only ov'd from one side. I understand it to be because the soy makes your body produce more FSH (follicle stimulation hormone) that stimulates BOTH ovaries, so you feel it on both sides but then only the one "lead" follicle on one side will take off and continue to mature in most cases.

It's nice to feel those ovaries working though, isn't it? :)

That's awesome! I'm hoping I have good luck when I start taking the soy. Now on CD53 and have no signs of AF.

Did you O? Are you maybe pregnant?

Unfortunately, I'm not pregnant. I have very long and irregular cycles. I had a 90 day cycle already. I have anovulatory cycles as well. This cycle was really weird. I had bleeding lighter than normal from CD1-9 and usually my period only lasts 6 days. Then about 2 weeks later I had light bleeding and spotting for almost 2 weeks. I had a blood test about 2-3 weeks ago before being put on antibiotics for a sinus infection.

Danielle, you can ovulate from both ovaries occasionally, especially with soy (hence the higher chance of twins). But most likely, you will still ovulate from one side as usual. Before my first IUI scan I felt like both my ovaries were going to BURST, and I still only ov'd from one side. I understand it to be because the soy makes your body produce more FSH (follicle stimulation hormone) that stimulates BOTH ovaries, so you feel it on both sides but then only the one "lead" follicle on one side will take off and continue to mature in most cases.

It's nice to feel those ovaries working though, isn't it? :)

Sure is!! It's the first time I can feel it.

Update: O is on time! I wasn't sure if Soy would affect, but no it's here today.

~stalk~

I'm doing this next month if I get a BFN this month. It's all basically a last ditch effort to avoid an RE at this point so I'll pretty much try anything!

Hi every one how are you doing? I started soy this month for the first time too. Been ttc for nearly 2 years and had 4 miscarriages with the most recent one being last month. I have pcos so its been a real struggle but we just want a baby so much. I took soy on cd 2 - 6 and took 160 mg for the first 3 days and then 200 mg for the last 2 days. Already had so pains on both sides so i guess it must be starting to work. Only symptons i have had are hot flushes and a little tired. Currently im on cd 6 so hope i dont have to wait too long till i ovulate. My doctor also told me to take 75 mg of aspirin daily to hopefully prevent miscarriages has anyone heard of this? Sending you all lots of baby dust xx

I have heard of taking aspirin. It has to do with implantation and clotting. Do you have early MCs?

I have heard of taking aspirin. It has to do with implantation and clotting. Do you have early MCs?

Yeah, first one i was 7 and half wks and the other 3 i was around 4 wks. Awaiting blood test results to see if i have any other problems to see if i need anything stronger that could help prevent it.
With pcos there is a higher risk of miscarriages but been advised that if i can get past the 12 wk mark then my risks are the same as anyone else x

Great News RoccoBoxr! Wow fx'd for u :D

Thanks! Now I'm in the dreaded TWW :) I feel really hopeful this cycle!

How's everyone doing?

Im trying to keep a relaxed approach. decided against opks in the end. just dtd every second day, taking multivit. i am getting a lot of twinges in my ovary area so im hopeful something is happening :D

AF finally showed up yesterday. A little lighter than usual, but still. I plan to start soy tomorrow night before bed.

Well I'm officially trying soy. I bought mine from GNC today right after my MW appointment.

Her official words were "I've never seen anything like you before."

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. I'm so weird in the world of reproduction she's never even encountered my problem. ~sigh~ Since we will be sent to an RE it really doesn't matter what I try at this point.

I am joining in too! Taking soy CD 3-7. I have gotten positive OPKs in the past (haven't used them every cycle) but I am not convinced I am actually ovulating. Hope the soy helps us all get our :bfp:s!!! At least it is helping me feel more positive this cycle. I feel like maybe I am actually doing something to help get this baby rolling :happydance:

I am joining in too! Taking soy CD 3-7. I have gotten positive OPKs in the past (haven't used them every cycle) but I am not convinced I am actually ovulating. Hope the soy helps us all get our :bfp:s!!! At least it is helping me feel more positive this cycle. I feel like maybe I am actually doing something to help get this baby rolling :happydance:

What CD are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"