Soy Isoflavones??

Eff sakes.... :sad1:
I'm spotting now - pink, and feel AF cramps. 8dpo... who else had an 8day LP?
I take a Bvit everyday. I'm not feeling good about this.

Do you usually have short LPs? If not...it *might* be IB but I hesitate to say that cause I was SO sure mine was IB last time.

Eff sakes.... :sad1:
I'm spotting now - pink, and feel AF cramps. 8dpo... who else had an 8day LP?
I take a Bvit everyday. I'm not feeling good about this.

I just had an 8 day LP last cycle. I'm not sure if I have shorter LPs or not though because this was only my 1st cycle really charting and keeping up with it. I plan on checking what my doctor recommends. I left a message last week saying I was ready for Clomid and she was on vacation so I'm taking soy again this cycle and waiting to hear from the doctor about the short LP.

Kerr - I was thinking of you when I started spotting, that's why I got so scared :sad1:

When I do O it's been a healthy LP, 13-14....it used to be 10/11, but then I started B vits and it's been better. Mind you, I regularly have anaovulatory cycles - so who really knows :shrug:

I wore a panty liner all day and just finally took it off bone dry :wacko: I have really dried myself out too with the chronic spot checking!:dohh: Maybe it'll be OK after all.

I searched through FF's charts with spotting at 8dpo and they were probably close to half pregnancy and half AF. Sure hope I'm in that first half :winkwink:

Good luck!! It really sounds like it could be IB then....I hope it is :)

Good luck floatingBaby! I hope it is first half too!

Good luck floatingbaby.. Sounds like it might be implentation bleeding! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Sounds like implantation to me. If you would have started spotting later maybe it would be AF, but at 8dpo? The only thing you can do it take a test and you will know. GoodLuck!

Sounds like implantation to me. If you would have started spotting later maybe it would be AF, but at 8dpo? The only thing you can do it take a test and you will know. GoodLuck!

Oh man.....I am giddy with excitement/nervousness - I hope this is it :crib:

Spotting went away yesterday and I'm pretty dried up today. I'm having what feels almost like ovary/ovulation pain though, which is weird....

Oh man.....I am giddy with excitement/nervousness - I hope this is it :crib:

Spotting went away yesterday and I'm pretty dried up today. I'm having what feels almost like ovary/ovulation pain though, which is weird....

When are you going to test :)

Thanks guys - I'm thinking I might test tomorrow at 10dpo....but I'll have to see what my symptoms are through the rest of the day...:-=

Thanks guys - I'm thinking I might test tomorrow at 10dpo....but I'll have to see what my symptoms are through the rest of the day...:-=

Fx for a BFP if you test! Keep us posted!

I've been following this thread for awhile and wanted to share my semi-success with Soy! I didn't get a BFP but it greatly helped my cycles.

Background: I was on bcp for 4 years before quitting in May of last year. I was originally put on because I had a "period" (light to moderate bleeding) for 73 days! Bcp regulated my cycle well. I got married when I was 20 then stopped taking bc a year later because I knew we were going to TTC sometime in the next 6 months or so. After stopping bc I had a period in June then didn't have one until Sept. I had actually gone to the ER because they though I might have been having MC due to my flow being incredibly heavy (it is normally very heavy but this was way more than normal) and unbearable cramps. They wouldn't say if it was a MC, I was told they "weren't sure." Since that time my cycles have looked like this:

1-41 days
2- 61 days (NTNP)
3- 49 days (TTC cycle 1)
4- 63 days (TTC cycle 2)
5- 56 days (TTC cycle 3)

I had finally decided that I was going to go to the dr even though it had only been 6 months since we began TTC. We are both young and healthy but obviously something wasn't quite right. About this time I came across info about Soy Iso. I figured it was worth a shot. So on TTC cycle 4 (began June 19) I took soy as follows (my pills are 40mg each):
CD 3 120mg, CD 4 120 mg, CD 5 120 mg, CD 6 160 mg, CD 7 200 mg.

I got my 1st +opk on CD19 (I could have had one on CD 18 but I forgot to test). This is the 1st time I have had a +opk! AF just arrived on July 18 which means....Soy took my cycle to 29 days! I couldn't believe it! It was hard still getting a BFN but I'm happy that I at least have some progress. Just thought I should share.

Soy shortened my cycles, too. I had 54 and 65 day cycles before soy. My first cycle using soy was 40 days. We'll see how this cycle goes!

That's very exciting MrsG! Congratulations!

I have long, mostly anovulatory cycles, and though Soy hasn't shorted my cycle it did help me O!

This was my first cycle taking soy isoflavones, I took them cd 1-5 160 mg cd 1-3 and 200 mg cd 3-5. My question is to other ladies that have taken them is did you notice really strong post-ovulation symptoms from them? 1-2 dpo I was having really bad hot flashes and really sore, heavy breasts. The hot flashes are gone, but I am now 7dpo and the breast soreness has gotten progressively worse, so bad that the last two days I've actually had to put ice packs on them to make them feel better! I want to hope that these are early pregnancy symptoms, but I know the soy is supposed to make your ovulation stronger so would it cause this?

Wow abagail - that's intense!
I definitely had more symptoms (or side effects) this cycle than I have in a long time - and this is my first one on soy, so, coincidental? I don't know! My nipples have been wildly sensitive from O - present - so much so that I'd have to protect them from the shower water! but they are feeling less tender. My breasts feel like they're just starting to get sore - esp left one on the top(?)!

Anyways, I can't really help you as this is my first time on soy too - but your doses were on the high side, so it's hard to say. hopefully just preggers symptoms though!

Hello Ladies, This is my first month on soy cd3-5 200mg all 5 days. I have tried just about everything and IVF is our next step. My RE thinks it might be an egg quality issue as we have a nine yr old son that was conceived in 6 months back when i was 26. We were told when we had him that my uterus was tilted and it may take us a bit to get pregnant again so when we first started trying we didn't worry about how long it was taking because we expected a long wait but then as time went on...... and on..... and on........ we knew it wasn't just that and my RE says that my uterus is fine and the position though tilted is the most common tilt position. anyway I am on soy now and so far the only side effects are headache in the morning and sluggishness for a bit when I get up.
I wish you all the best of luck in your TTC journeys :dust: to us all!!

Thanks floatingbaby fx my eggo is preggo and it's not from the soy:) If this is what soy does to my boobs I don't think I could handle another cycle of it! Hopefully your boobie soreness is a good sign too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->