Soy Isoflavones??

Sorry Kerr... 8 day LP is no good at all - Def pump up the B6. Hopefully your doc gets back to you asap!

If my doc doesn't call back tomorrow or if I miss the call, I think I'm going to leave another message asking about progesterone supplements. Does it matter if it's just B6 or a B complex?

Kerrbear - Sorry to hear your out :hugs: As for your 8 day LP, I had a 9/10 LP and took vitamin B complex 100mg and got a 13 day LP!!. I took it every day from CD1... and will continue to take it till i have a baby in my arms, even though we're on a break i'm still taking it! BE WARNED... it turns your pee bright yellow... i mean glow in the dark type yellow lol xx

Thanks Floatingbaby - I probably won't be able to make it the entire month without checking here a few times :)

kerrbear....I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I felt bad basically this entire morning and every time I've gone to the restroom today and have had to look at AF bright and red!

I hope you can figure out your luteal phase. Have you been taking B6 at all to help lengthen it? I take a B Complex vitamin everyday and my luteal phase was lengthened from 10 to 12/13 days.

Take solace in the fact that we're at least ovulating. Since AF has arrived, we know that much. There are lots of women out there who can't even get her to arrive, much less plan anything around it.

I haven't taken anything. Do you take the B complex every day or only certain days of the cycle? I'm wondering if it has to do with low progesterone. This was only my second cycle charting and first that showed ovulation so I don't know if my LP has always been this length. If I don't get a call back from my doctor tomorrow I might leave another message asking about progesterone supplements.

I've been taking the B Complex every day for the past few months. I only briefly read about it having an effect on the luteal phase and figured it couldn't hurt. I decided that this cycle I'm going to stop taking all supplements except for my pre-natal vitamin and see if it helps, in addition to reducing the stress of TTC.

I probably should have done more research on the B Complex before just starting it up. I hope you and your doctor can come up with a plan to extend your LP.

BTW - today was the first NON temping day since the beginning of the year....and it was weird. :wacko:

So sorry Rudolf and Kerrbear :( *hugs*

Thanks. I'm feeling a little better about it already. :)

Me too.

I had a good chat with my bestie last night and she gave me some renewed hope and ideas. It's time I really just focus on my relationship with my husband rather than trying for a baby all of the time!

My doctor said the same thing. I think that we tend to think too much about having a baby and we can't always have what we want right away. It's frustrating, but it's just the way it works. I know a lot of ladies who got pregnant after they decided to give up :dohh: including my own mother. My parents even signed the papers to be on a waiting list to adopt a child and my mother got pregnant then! Crazy I know.
Don't worry ladies our time will come:hugs:

I think one of the hardest things is even though I know it can take a awhile I secretly hoped it wouldn't. I hoped that with 4 years of NTNP it may have happened by accident but didn't. This cycle I am doing pretty much the same thing. For how heavy AF is right from the beginning I'm questioning whether it may be an early miscarriage. It's much, much heavier than usual with more clots and resembles more when I had the miscarriage 4 years ago. I'm thinking an egg may have been fertilized but couldn't implant.

My doctor is on vacation this week so I won't get any real answers until Monday on what to do. Since I wouldn't be able to get Clomid until she's back, I will definitely do soy this cycle and talk to her about progesterone supplements after ovulation.

Glad you're feeling better Rudolf!

I think one of the hardest things is even though I know it can take a awhile I secretly hoped it wouldn't. I hoped that with 4 years of NTNP it may have happened by accident but didn't. This cycle I am doing pretty much the same thing. For how heavy AF is right from the beginning I'm questioning whether it may be an early miscarriage. It's much, much heavier than usual with more clots and resembles more when I had the miscarriage 4 years ago. I'm thinking an egg may have been fertilized but couldn't implant.

My doctor is on vacation this week so I won't get any real answers until Monday on what to do. Since I wouldn't be able to get Clomid until she's back, I will definitely do soy this cycle and talk to her about progesterone supplements after ovulation.

How WEIRD is this?!?! I'm thinking the same exact thing about my AF too!! The amount of blood and clots is just UNREAL. I have not experienced anything like this before.

With everything adding up the way it has, I do think I may be miscarrying as well. It's so surprising we're literally going through the exact same thing as the exact same time!

And thanks - I do feel tons better. Just the pressure and weight being off my shoulders feels so much better.

can someone tell me more about soy ios? if af shows this month i have got to do something else!!
are there side effects and what exactly is it supposed to do???

So I can't say for sure if it was the soy or not but I got my + opk today, two days earlier than last month which isn't a huge change but hey I'll take it! I can also feel that I'm ovulating, boobs are super sore which didn't happen before:) Feeling good about this month!

Attachments

• DSC_2473.jpg
    DSC_2473.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 11
So I can't say for sure if it was the soy or not but I got my + opk today, two days earlier than last month which isn't a huge change but hey I'll take it! I can also feel that I'm ovulating, boobs are super sore which didn't happen before:) Feeling good about this month!

Congrats! Is that day 20? I'm in the early hours of CD19 and really worried I won't O, hope it comes soon for me. Fingers crossed for BFP for you next!

Yup, day 20. Hang in there I'm sure it will show up soon, last month I was convinced I wasn't going to o and it happened cd 22. Apparently our bodies just like to make us sweat it for awhile:) Thanks for the baby dust, hopefully we'll both get our BFP's soon!

How WEIRD is this?!?! I'm thinking the same exact thing about my AF too!! The amount of blood and clots is just UNREAL. I have not experienced anything like this before.

With everything adding up the way it has, I do think I may be miscarrying as well. It's so surprising we're literally going through the exact same thing as the exact same time!

And thanks - I do feel tons better. Just the pressure and weight being off my shoulders feels so much better.

Crazy! It's so weird! I'm glad to have someone dealing with the same thing, too. :) What CD are you now?

Yay! Good luck!

can someone tell me more about soy ios? if af shows this month i have got to do something else!!
are there side effects and what exactly is it supposed to do???

Soy is very similar to Clomid. It works in the same way, it's just natural and not quite as strong as Clomid. It is taken for 5 days on CD1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8, or 5-9. I took it on CD3-7 and will be taking it the same days this new cycle, too. Soy dosage is double that of Clomid, but the dose should not exceed 200mg daily. I took 160mg CD3-5 and 200mg on CD6 & 7. It helped me ovulate and shortened my overal cycle length.

The side effects can be similar to that of Clomid: nausea, stomach upset, hot flashes, headaches. I took it at night to sleep through the side effects. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Crazy! It's so weird! I'm glad to have someone dealing with the same thing, too. :) What CD are you now?

I am CD3 now. I know I'm going to lose track since I'm not temping anymore...but today is CD3 I think since AF started full blast on Wednesday.

OPK is almost positive!! It should be positive tonight or tomorrow morning

I am CD3 now. I know I'm going to lose track since I'm not temping anymore...but today is CD3 I think since AF started full blast on Wednesday.

I'm CD3, too. That will make it easier for you to keep track if you just check my chart once in awhile, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->