Soya Isoflavones Cycle Buddies! <3

Good luck Ttcpcos and kitty this cycle :)

I am not taking soy this cycle as I want to know what my cycles are like without it. So I am using OPK's and checking cm. Day 17 today and still no hint of ovulation on OPK's - they are stark white. My CM is either dry, sticky or creamy, not fertile at all. If this continues it's no wonder I haven't been falling pregnant as I am not even bloody ovulating!! Maybe soy will help me ovulate....

I am not taking soy this cycle as I want to know what my cycles are like without it. So I am using OPK's and checking cm. Day 17 today and still no hint of ovulation on OPK's - they are stark white. My CM is either dry, sticky or creamy, not fertile at all. If this continues it's no wonder I haven't been falling pregnant as I am not even bloody ovulating!! Maybe soy will help me ovulate....

How long are you cycles normally? You may just be a late Ovulater as I was or maybe just this cycle.

I'm day 6 and still spotting. Damn soy. It was just barely there brown cm and then oh and I had sex and all the sudden, bright red again! Just a little so hoping it's done by tomorrow.

How long are you cycles normally? You may just be a late Ovulater as I was or maybe just this cycle.

I'm day 6 and still spotting. Damn soy. It was just barely there brown cm and then oh and I had sex and all the sudden, bright red again! Just a little so hoping it's done by tomorrow.

My cycles vary between 28-33 days. Saying all that, I took an OPK this morning and guess what? There was the faintest of faintest lines!! I then took another early evening and the line was still faint, but was darker than the one this morning! Does this mean I am likely to ovulate?? I also checked my cm and it is more watery today and a little stretchy. However , it is still bright white rather than egg white. I wonder if this is it! I am CD 18 today , so may DTD tonight in case I ovulate in the next few days.

Argh spotting for ages sounds horrible! I hope it's all gone by tomorrow!

My cycles vary between 28-33 days. Saying all that, I took an OPK this morning and guess what? There was the faintest of faintest lines!! I then took another early evening and the line was still faint, but was darker than the one this morning! Does this mean I am likely to ovulate?? I also checked my cm and it is more watery today and a little stretchy. However , it is still bright white rather than egg white. I wonder if this is it! I am CD 18 today , so may DTD tonight in case I ovulate in the next few days.

Argh spotting for ages sounds horrible! I hope it's all gone by tomorrow!

You are probably getting into your fertile window! Great idea to start bd every other day now just in case. Lee testing twice a day. When the lines are equal or the test is dArker than the control, that's a positive. One note on that....as long as both lines are equal, they don't have to be super dark! One brand of ic never gets super dark for me they both are light but exactly the same.

I think I'm finally done spotting and also not taking another dose of soy this cycle. 3 is enough and I'm taking a break after this one if it doesn't work out. I actually used a little progesterone cream to help stop the bleeding. Really hoping it's done!

Sorry you continued spotting and sorry soy didn't work out for you :( Good luck in your TTC journey.

I am definitely going to give it try either next cycle or the one after, I have nothing to lose. But not looking forward to the spotting. Fingers crossed I don't get any!

Done some more OPK's.... line is darker than yesterday but still nowhere near as dark as the control line. Not sure if I am going to ovulate or not. I have a feeling I am just not ovulating, hence the difficulty getting pregnant.

Sorry you continued spotting and sorry soy didn't work out for you :( Good luck in your TTC journey.

I am definitely going to give it try either next cycle or the one after, I have nothing to lose. But not looking forward to the spotting. Fingers crossed I don't get any!

Done some more OPK's.... line is darker than yesterday but still nowhere near as dark as the control line. Not sure if I am going to ovulate or not. I have a feeling I am just not ovulating, hence the difficulty getting pregnant.

My doctor said soy is no-no if u have pcos, maybe thats why it didnt work for me. Everyone is different i guess but im afraid it may make things worse for u?

Girls, I'm very excited! I've just done an opk and I am pretty sure it's positive!! I've never had a positive before! I was doing them regular last year but had negative test after negative and I became so down about I stopped taking them for about 6 months. Well I've started again this month and I started getting a faint line 2 nights ago. Tonight's test was positive, I'm sure!!

I am also pretty sure I had ewcm yesterday, but today it seems a mix of ewcm & creamy. Not sure if this is good or not? I also have no ov signs, so boobs aren't tender or anything.

Not sure what to make of it all. Do you reckon I'm ovulating?

The top test is from this morning at 7am & the bottom test is this evening at 7.30pm.

We bd last night & the night before & we will do so again this eve. I'm so excited!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 5
Girls, I'm very excited! I've just done an opk and I am pretty sure it's positive!! I've never had a positive before! I was doing them regular last year but had negative test after negative and I became so down about I stopped taking them for about 6 months. Well I've started again this month and I started getting a faint line 2 nights ago. Tonight's test was positive, I'm sure!!

I am also pretty sure I had ewcm yesterday, but today it seems a mix of ewcm & creamy. Not sure if this is good or not? I also have no ov signs, so boobs aren't tender or anything.

The top test is from this morning at 7am & the bottom test is this evening at 7.30pm.

We bd last night & the night before & we will do so again this eve. I'm so excited!!

:happydance:Thats def positive!! u dont ness need to have ewcm or ovulation pain, every cycle is different. Just BD tonight and 2 more days to cover ur fertile week. FX!!

:happydance:Thats def positive!! u dont ness need to have ewcm or ovulation pain, every cycle is different. Just BD tonight and 2 more days to cover ur fertile week. FX!!

Thank you! I was so happy earlier, I was almost in tears. After months and months of negatives, I felt that I would never ovulate. Perhaps the metformin IS working for me!

So if it's positive tonight, when does my actual fertile window end? How long have we got to catch the eggy? Is it more important to BD before the positive, the day of the positive or after?

I am such a novice at all this!!

Im glad to hear met is working for u!

Once u get positive, it means u will ovulate in next 48 hours but everyone is different, u can ovulate minutes later positive opk or days later so i say its safe to BD before positive opk, day of and after.

I usually assume i ovulate day after i get positive opk since i get positive at night time, so we aim to BD O-2, O-1(positive opk), O, O+1, O+2

Btw i have cramps at cd9 today, really painful. Do u think its from met? did u get any cramps?

Im glad to hear met is working for u!

Once u get positive, it means u will ovulate in next 48 hours but everyone is different, u can ovulate minutes later positive opk or days later so i say its safe to BD before positive opk, day of and after.

I usually assume i ovulate day after i get positive opk since i get positive at night time, so we aim to BD O-2, O-1(positive opk), O, O+1, O+2

Btw i have cramps at cd9 today, really painful. Do u think its from met? did u get any cramps?

Thanks for the explanation. A few more days of Bd-ing it is then :)

i would more than likely imagine that the cramps are from the metformin. It is known for giving users stomach upsets/cramps etc. I started gradually on the met. So, week 1 500mg, week 2 1000mg. Week 3 I was supposed to go up to 1500mg, but I never went that high and have remained at 1000mg. I got a few cramps here and there, but I am lucky I didn't get any particularly bad side effects. I am surprised you were told to start at 1500mg from the off to be honest! My GP told me to gradually introduce it into the body due to the side effects it can cause. Are you taking it with food?

Yea im taking it with food for sure. First two days i took if after my meals and i felt so sick, then i started taking before my meals and i dont get sick. But it makes me feel disgusted and not eat my meal properly.

My doctor is so old-school, he thinks "no pain, no gain" so he didnt tell me to take them gradually, he said u will have side effects but u will get over it. He also said "Call me when u are pregnant" and left the room :D Since that day, thats a inside joke now. Every time DH leaves the room, he says call me when u are pregnant lol

Yea im taking it with food for sure. First two days i took if after my meals and i felt so sick, then i started taking before my meals and i dont get sick. But it makes me feel disgusted and not eat my meal properly.

My doctor is so old-school, he thinks "no pain, no gain" so he didnt tell me to take them gradually, he said u will have side effects but u will get over it. He also said "Call me when u are pregnant" and left the room :D Since that day, thats a inside joke now. Every time DH leaves the room, he says call me when u are pregnant lol

LOL your Dr is harsh!!

I don't feel any immediate reaction to it. The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes if I need to go to the toilet, then I need to go quickly. Other than that I feel no different on it. Perhaps it's because I'm only on 1000mg still or perhaps my body has adapted to it quite easily.

Your side effects should die down soon though I'd imagine.

yea i hav been taking it for a week now so i dont vomit or get diarrhea anymore. My acne seems to get better, just my appetite is low which is a good thing. Im craving tropical fruits all the time . Protein based foods and nuts just makes me feel sick. Its kinda like morning sickness ha :dohh:

Not sure why im cramping today tho, maybe early ovulation

wow ladies taking both Metformin and Soy Iso...ive searched the net for a week looking for people like me ! LOL! Good luck ladies!

wow ladies taking both Metformin and Soy Iso...ive searched the net for a week looking for people like me ! LOL! Good luck ladies!

Im not taking met with soy, neither pompey. I started met after soy so im not sure if its okey to take them together.

Argh, so AF got me yesterday. A perfect 28 day cycle, BUT just a 7 day luteal phase. So I guess that's my problem then. How can I conceive with such a short lp? One thing that confuses me though is that my period is heavy (it always goes M, H, H, L, L) and I would have thought with such a short lp, there wouldn't be time for the lining to build up ?

I am so confused and very disheartened.

I still want to try soy. Not sure whether to track and evalulate one more cycle or start this cycle. I have 1 day to figure it out as I plan to take it days 3-7 and I'm CD2 today.

As some of my cycles are nearer 33 days, I wonder if I just ovulate late , therefore still having a short luteal phase, or whether on these months I have a longer luteal phase? I am tempted to track one more cycle as I would imagine next months cycle will be longer as I rarely get two 28 day cycles in a row.

How do I lengthen my lp?? I am already taking B6 and B complex vitamins...

Your luteal phase doesn't really change so on the long cycles it's almost guaranteed you ovulate later

So last month bfn, on CD 6, started my lkast round of soy CD 2 120, 120, then 160 last three days, bottle will be done after this cycle so fingers crossed!
Question anyone experience early positive opk?, typically CD 13-17 for me last month CD 9\10 was my positive day....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->