SPD/PGP Support thread

Hi ladies- i searched for a thread on spd. I have it and im 24 weeks its realy bad in my hips sometimes.. ive been signed of work for the week but i am not looking forward to going back because i have to get the bus train/tram to work every day which kills my hip .. ohwell its worth it for my little munshkin! :)

try and get a support belt for that hun, the commuting is a pain with SPD i totally feel for you

Thanks hun i think i will get one - are u working at the mo? Sorry i havent gone thru the whole thread - how r u managing xx

im a stay at home mum atm but i do have to do the nursery run 2wice a day for ds1 which is double the lenght of the walk to the station and back lol and i have to do it with a pushchair,

I was with this tread with my last pregnancy, it was nice to know I wasn't alone.
I started to feel "pain" around 26 weeks last time so I am afraid it might show up earlier this time. I haven't felt anythig yet.

Lynikins - nursery run with a pushchair must be hard with spd - all i did was walk to the bus stop today and my hip started again but it swapped sides! Its usualy my left hip now its my right is tht normal? X

it can affect any joint if you putting more pressure on one side to avoid pain on the other then it does swap over sorry.

yeah nursery run is a PITA but ive taken today off and i got news this morning that ds1 can join breakfast club wed,thurs,friday from next week which would give me those mornings off id just have to do the lunchtime pickup as DH would be able to drive ds1 over and drop him off in the morning

Hi there,

I had SPD last time I was pg but only towards the end. I'm worried because I've had it this time since around 18 weeks. I have a consultant appt in 2 weeks time (for something else), but don't feel that I can wait - its like I can feel the pain getting worse everyday, so I am going to see a MW tomorrow - have read lots about the support belts you can get, but I need a referral for that? How long does the referral take to come through? I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to keep up with my 18 month old soon :(

Sorry for the moan!! X

I just couldn't go back to commuting so have been off sick since 23 weeks, but my commute was a mile walk, bus ride, walk again, train for 40 minutes then another mile walk. It was just too much! x

Lynnkins- thats good u have a break from the morning +im going away this weekend to stay in a nice hotel hopefuly the rest willl do me good x

Kristine- u moan if it helps x and i thought u just buy the belts;?? Im not too surre hope it goes welll at ur docs xx

Jen- wow that is a long journy - so are u of till mat leave now xx

My mat leave starts Monday x luckily I've been at my place 3 years ish with no long periods of sick leave so i've been on full pay while I'm off

Thats realy good ive only been at my job 6months so only get about 100per week for sickpay so i may be forst to go bak for a few weeks even tho i have 4 weeks anual leave startin 6 of decemeber - no clue how mapay is worked out smp - i think it will be worked out on my sickpay now even tho mat leave dont start till jan x

I'm jumping on the SPD train. Self diagnosed cus my midwife gave me the wrong phone number so I can't get her anyway lol. From what I've heard it's not really worth me trying to see a physio now, I'm gonna try wrapping something around my hips (like a support belt would) to see if it feels any better, and gonna buy a ball to see if it feels any easier.

I really recommend seeing the physio! It only usually takes a week or two to be referred!

I can't get hold of the midwife to speak to her at the moment, and I'm not meant to see her till December, which is only 4 to 6 weeks before we're expecting baby to make an appearance. So I figured that it would be too late to get the ball rolling on physio.

Can't you call the doctors/ antenatal clinic? Mine did my referral over the phone x

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and this morning i could feel a slight pain around my pubic area by my legs :( i think the dreaded spd is on it's way! had it in my first pregnancy and it killed me! i hope it wont be as bad, x

Ive been in so much pain for the last couple of days. Husband wanted to take me to a&e earlier because I was crying in pain, despite taking codeine. Still waiting for urgent physio referral. Is it worth me going to the emergency doctor tomorrow? I just feel like there won't be anything more they can do.

arrgh i had to resort to my cocodamol over the weekend probably caus we :sex: Dtd and yeah lol i dont think that will be happening again anytime soon if my pain level yesterday was anything to go by

arrgh i had to resort to my cocodamol over the weekend probably caus we :sex: Dtd and yeah lol i dont think that will be happening again anytime soon if my pain level yesterday was anything to go by

We did it yesterday for the first time in 7 weeks....ouch :cry:

I think we need a new position lol we tried with me on my side with my pregnancy pillow under my knee but it still hurt lol! Love the fact DH isn't put off by the massive bump in the slightest - even with a side view!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->