SPD/PGP Support thread

lol neither is my DH and hes gagging for more now ive given in once lol, i had to take codine to sleep for the last couple of nights

I didn't sleep on Sunday night really, then had a day in bed yesterday and slept relatively well last night. Woke up a few times but I always do.

I'm thinking of trying to get it back up to one a week/ once a fortnight. You feel rubbish when you can't do it but it's really sore :cry:

i think i'll plan ahead on the sex front and just have a hot bath and painkillers first lol

Well, I'm fed up! Got my physio appointment on 21st Nov, but don't feel I can wait til then. It's so hard to commute to uni and going out in the cold is making it worse. I've missed a load of uni and feel like I'm letting myself and other people down all the time.

To make it worse, I went to see my midwife yesterday and she was utterly horrible! She said I will just have to cope with it. That it's a 'modern' illness and that I would just have to wait for my physio. She went on and on about how codeine was bad for the baby, and that babies can be born with a dependency to it, even though the doctor prescribed it and said it was ok! She seriously treated me like some sort of drug addict and that I was harming my baby by selfishly taking painkillers.

I'm just so depressed because I can't go anywhere or do anything today, and yet I'm being made to feel like I'm lazy or a hypochondriac.

Well, I'm fed up! Got my physio appointment on 21st Nov, but don't feel I can wait til then. It's so hard to commute to uni and going out in the cold is making it worse. I've missed a load of uni and feel like I'm letting myself and other people down all the time.

To make it worse, I went to see my midwife yesterday and she was utterly horrible! She said I will just have to cope with it. That it's a 'modern' illness and that I would just have to wait for my physio. She went on and on about how codeine was bad for the baby, and that babies can be born with a dependency to it, even though the doctor prescribed it and said it was ok! She seriously treated me like some sort of drug addict and that I was harming my baby by selfishly taking painkillers.

I'm just so depressed because I can't go anywhere or do anything today, and yet I'm being made to feel like I'm lazy or a hypochondriac.

If you're worried about taking your painkillers then just try not to have them in the weeks close to when you will be delivering. I'm not taking mine now as I know it can cause breathing issues in bub and seeing as I'm asthmatic it's probably more likely to be an issue.

My doctor signed me off from work because of my long commute, don't know how that would work with uni? Can your lecturers just send you the notes and let you submit remotely? There's been a thread in third tri with a few exercises you can try in the meantime. Are you making sure you get lots of rest?

you wont have been prescribed the kind of dosage which can lead to problems and if your only taking them once a day or when you need them it will be fine i was on higher dose ones with EJ and was taking them in nearly max dosage right up till the evening i was induced and he was fine with no problems and no dependancy on them at all,

its better to have a mum who can move during pregnancy than have a bed bound woman or one stressed out by pain. you can alternate them with some Paracetamol+ or something if it makes you feel less guilty but your MW should be ashamed of herself for how she made you feel

Thanks ladies. Sadly I can't get signed off from uni according to my doctor. He will only write sick notes for work purposes. I can pay for him to write a letter 'to whom it may concern' so that might be my only option at this point.

I think I'll take my codeine at night, as it makes me drowsy, and just top up with paracetemol during the day for now. Yeah it's shameful that anyone would be made to feel bad about pain relief. My husband even pointed out that I was crying in pain on saturday night and she just raised her eyebrows at me.

Hi girlies,

I am not sure if i have this one not????? About 2 weeks ago I rolled over in bed and got what i can describe as a hot needle being poked in my right hip, I cried out and woke DH. This has got worse and now have pain in the other hip too, rolling over in bed is horrible, as is walking up the stairs and getting in and out of the car. I told my GP on mon and he suggested getting a support belt so looking into this. I have been taking paracetamol, but have hyperemesis and am on tablets for that, and don't want to take to many, but over the last few days haven't had much choice.

xxxx

sounds like pelvic pain but not pgp or spd specifically hun a support belt or tubigrip should help you though by the sounds of it.

Im just getting fed up with my PGP and SPD the positions that give me less pain in the SI joints (pgp) give me bad SPD pain and the way i have to sit for the SPD gives me worse PGP pain grrr i cant win even lying down these days is tourture

Thanks lynnkins. I Have ordered a belt, so FX that should help.

I have read through part of this thread as, Its my 1st pregnancy and new to me, I am learning lots! Sorry you girls in this thread are in so much pain, you look like you are great at supporting each other.

Take care

xxxx

Getting in a "cooler" hot tub- nothing over 99 degrees!!!- helped IMMENSELY! As did just free floating in a pool

My girls are 7 months old today an I am mostly healed. There are still ddays though that feel like someone took a sledge hammer to my pubic bone :cry:

Hi I'm new to this thread and recently been diagnosed with PGD. I was fine till I reached 27 weeks then I just became in agony. I've not slept properly for 4 weeks, last night I just cried and cried. I struggle to get comfortable in any position. I've got a support girdle (cost me almost £40) and have to wear support pants daily. If I overdo it in the day, I'm in agony all night and for days after.

Sorry to moan but this is the only place I have found fellow sufferers who truly know how it feels.

My pain is always worse early hours of the morning, I get to the point where I can't lay down anymore despite how tired I am. See the physio and it was useless, they wouldn't touch me because I was pregnant, just gave me tubigip, which is useless, rolls up in the wrong place and causes more pain.

I'm signed off work sick and can hardly do anything for myself. I'm also on antibiotics for a bladder infection after having pre term contractions, luckily they discovered the bladder infection was causing the contractions and treatment is now working.

I dread going to bed every night...so sorry to moan but feeling really down.

I would see your doc for some painkillers - you need to get some sleep hun. Does resting up not help? Try adding extra pillows to where you are sitting. Also if you get a gym mat and ball there are some excercises you can do to help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles that should hopefully take some of the pressure off x

yeah sounds like you need some painkillers, i know its not ideal but if your not sleeping thats worse for baby than a few painkillers are

Thank you ladies so much, you're support means the world.

I take paracetamol most nights and the midwife advised I try over the counter co-codamol, which I brought but the pharmacist frowned at me for it, even though gp and midwife said it was a good idea. I didn't want to try the co-codamol whilst taking the antibiotics but as I've now completed the course I think I'll try tonight.

The physio gave me some exercises to do which I've been doing and also try to swim too. We've ordered a new mattress and bed for the spare room to see if having the bed to myself with a foam mattress helps (our mattress is awful) and I was also gonna try a maternity body pillow.

Anyone had good results with any particular body pillow? I tried the dream gini but didn't get on with it, I found the boulder too hard and round, kept pushing my pelvis out more.

Only got 4 hours sleep last night aghhhh

How is everyone else doing? I feel for every single one of us xxx

I have a theraline long pillow and a small memory foam pillow, between them I can usually get relatively comfortable xxx

i use a variety of normal pillows i fold a thinnish one between my knees and have another thin one under my stomach

How is everyone doing at the moment? Hope you are coping well.

I have seen a physio and got the special belt (£40!), but the bloody thing doesn't do much! No matter what way I put it on, it rides up after about ten minutes of wear. Grr! I've noticed that the bad days are getting much more frequent now. It's scary, because I'm only just going into my third trimester and don't know how I'm going to get through it. I think I'll be on crutches very soon.

The good news is that I'm making way less trips to London so have much more resting time. Maybe it'll encourage me to work on my final dissertation. I'm so bored that even uni work seems appealing!

im still waddling around, got my ball properly inflated now so i dont end up so sore from sitting on it each day, my MW has offered me early sweeps starting when im 1 day overdue and then sweeps often till baby pops out so i get my homebirth as with my SPD she understands its better for me to be at home with my pool and my own bed lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->