Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

Precious-You could eat ice cream or yogurt or cheese too. Just as long as it's dairy.

Squirrel-No kidding. She said "You have a little one coming soon too, right?" I responded with "No, I miscarried in December" and I'm not even sure how she knew I was preg. She backed off after that, I didn't want to hear it anyway.

What a BIATCH!!!!!!! (the girl, NOT you!!!!) GRRRRRRRRRR GRRRRR I say!!! :growlmad: :ignore:

On a lighter note, I just noticed your ticker... My name is Sara, too! So we're both from the same area with the same name! ha! small world, indeed! :friends:

Oh no mimi, I've been taking flax seed oil and am just starting the 2WW. I hope it's ok!!:dohh:

Here's where I got the info: https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/evening-primrose.html

It says: Note that Evening Primrose Oil should only be taken from menstruation to ovulation, as EPO may cause uterine contractions. The dosage taken should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day. Since essential fatty acids are important, you can take flax seed oil in place of Evening Primrose Oil after ovulation takes place.

I also read it should not be taken w/ Metformin, though.

I do have another question...I've been taking Vitex this cycle, and am unsure if I'm supposed to take it the whole cycle or just the first half? Anyone know?

Oh no mimi, I've been taking flax seed oil and am just starting the 2WW. I hope it's ok!!:dohh:

Here's where I got the info: https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/evening-primrose.html

It says: Note that Evening Primrose Oil should only be taken from menstruation to ovulation, as EPO may cause uterine contractions. The dosage taken should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day. Since essential fatty acids are important, you can take flax seed oil in place of Evening Primrose Oil after ovulation takes place.

I also read it should not be taken w/ Metformin, though.

I do have another question...I've been taking Vitex this cycle, and am unsure if I'm supposed to take it the whole cycle or just the first half? Anyone know?

hmm, I don't know... :shrug: sure is hard to keep all these supplements straight!!! I can't make up my mind what to try next month (if I need it, trying to hold on to any shred of hope...) thinking red raspberry leaf, but everyone keeps talking about new things I've never heard of before!!

Ahhh!! Just saw this on another site: Flaxseed oil does have omega-3 in it and is preferred by some people however some doctors say flaxseed oil should not be taken by pregnant women.

The reason is that flax seed, like soy or even more so, seems to have an effect on estrogen and hormones and might interfere with your body during pregnancy. Ask your doctor.

Here is the site address: https://www.womens-health-questions.com/omega-3.html

So does that mean women TTC should not take flaxseed oil? So confused!:wacko:

Me too Squirrel! I was just taking FertilAid (and then FertilityBlend when that ran out), but read that the main ingredient in both products or something is Vitex (I think it's also called agnus cactus) and has been used to help women TTC and regulate their cycles. So, trying just plain Vitex, instead (it's also cheaper than the other products). I did seem to O earlier this month than usual, but not entirely sure why. I'm also doing South Beach diet and exercising a lot more this month, and am trying to give up coffee. So wondering if all that stuff could cause me to O earlier? Who knows. :shrug:

AreIn and Titi seem to be the resident authorities on supplements. :book:

Well I do love ice cream :) Let me know when you begin the diet and tell me how you feel with it.

I will for sure let you know. I'm hoping tomorrow I can remember to grab the information so I can follow it at work. That's where I do most of my eating. I tend not to eat dinner and now especially since DH isn't home. My mom picks up DD from daycare and feeds her dinner.

Squirrel- That is crazy! Sara is a pretty common name but we live about an hour apart too!

HMMMMMMMM............... I'm definitely interested in anything that would make me O earlier and have a longer LP... though, god, I can barely stand the shorter TWW I already have to endure!! :rofl:

I've also been trying to walk anywhere from a mile to three miles each night with my dog when I get home from work. I'm hoping that might help in some small way. I've heard too much or too little exercise can be bad.... Geez, it's amazing anyone ever gets knocked up. lucky biatches!! :haha:

Agnus cactus can be taken during pregnancy and in fact is good for milk production and can relieve water retention. I don't know about Vitex though because I don't know what else is in it.

I think mamaxm is the best person to ask in here. But, apparently there's a debate about this pregnant women. I'd say that you might as well go the safe route. I think it was firedancer, titi, arein and other girls were talking about this somewhere around here.

"Omega-3 and Pregnancy

Pregnant women are often told to take fish oil capsules but must be careful to get the best quality, instead of cheap, generic stuff. The cheap fish oil may come from fish with contamination and may not be free of pollutants. Women should be careful about the types of fish and fish oil they consume when they are pregnant, nursing, or even when experiencing pregnancy symptoms.

Flaxseed oil does have omega-3 in it and is preferred by some people however some doctors say flaxseed oil should not be taken by pregnant women.

The reason is that flax seed, like soy or even more so, seems to have an effect on estrogen and hormones and might interfere with your body during pregnancy. Ask your doctor."
Source: https://www.womens-health-questions.com/omega-3.html
_________
"Pregnancy and Flaxseed Oil
During pregnancy, flaxseed oil should not be consumed in high doses. Taking too much flaxseed oil could theoretically increase the risk of bleeding. Although little research has been conducted on flaxseed oil and pregnancy, it appears that normal amounts of the supplement are safe for pregnant women."
Source: https://heart-disease.emedtv.com/flaxseed-oil/pregnancy-and-flaxseed-oil.html

HTH! :dust:

Instead of flaxseed oil, fish oil is good as well and doesn't have any side effects as far as pregnancy goes. The herbalist told me that Cod live oil is the best and is the highest in DHA but before you buy, beware. It's expensive and tastes like ass.

Thanks for the info, AreIn!:flower:

Squirrel, I've been doing the same thing! I don't want to exercise TOO much, so have been walking my dog a lot (so I can also get some time outside, too), and playing tennis a little, and going on the treadmill for 20 min. or so. I want to start yoga, again, too. Hoping it'll at least help with the stress of all this TTC-business. :winkwink:

Oh god, I'm dreading taking that shit in the morning. But I paid for it and it's what I need to do. I'm shuddering.

Instead of flaxseed oil, fish oil is good as well and doesn't have any side effects as far as pregnancy goes. The herbalist told me that Cod live oil is the best and is the highest in DHA but before you buy, beware. It's expensive and tastes like ass.

:rofl: :rofl: You're killing me! Too funny. I kind of remember my grandmother trying to get me to take cod liver oil as a kid. I used to take fish oil, as well, but ran out. I'll go pick up some more. I apologize if you've already said, but is there a certain brand I should look out for? Thought I remember reading that on here.

Well, crap... I've been taking a generic Omega 3-6-9 supplement.... Probably should stop that and find one at the health food store.... stupid mercury.....

Man, I"m in a mood tonight...

So day 8 of symptom watch... wasn't nauseous this morning which made me sad... But then this afternoon it hit me like a ton of bricks (yay!! :haha:) AND perhaps the best symptom of all so far... I haven't had any spotting yet! I looked back through my past charts (I don't use FF, so I can't post it), I have spotted by now most months. SO... each day that goes by with no spotting will be A-MAZING....

No, bad me.. I really need to lower my hopes. It's going to be a devastating month if it doesn't work out.... WHY must being positive be so hard! I did so much better before when I was very pessimistic.... I feel so crazy, and I don't like it!!!

Ok, end of my bitch-fest... (maybe... I"m not really sure... lol)

Thanks for the info, AreIn!:flower:

Squirrel, I've been doing the same thing! I don't want to exercise TOO much, so have been walking my dog a lot (so I can also get some time outside, too), and playing tennis a little, and going on the treadmill for 20 min. or so. I want to start yoga, again, too. Hoping it'll at least help with the stress of all this TTC-business. :winkwink:

I've been thinking about doing yoga too. Let's commit to starting it together! That is good motivation for me! :friends:

Awww, Squirrel, you need a hug: :hugs:

I know what you mean, though...trying very, very hard not to symptom spot this month because I also don't want to get my hopes up, but at the same time keep reading PMA is best!! I think I shall go to sleep and worry more about it tomorrow, lol. :sleep:

Your symptoms do sound promising, though...

Definitely Squirrel!! I'll commit right now! When should we say we'll start? Tomorrow or Sat.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->