Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

For the ladies that use softcups...do you begin to use them when you get a positive opk or around the time where you know you will get a positive opk? I'm confused as to when to use them.

i use mine every single time, they're nice because there's no 'wet spot'.
so girls concerned about CM being too acidic (i know there were a few of us, lots of creamy CM especially around o time is a sign it's too acidic) but don't want to douce, here's a easy trick i found.. going to do it today!
Baking Soda Finger-->-->

This is for women who can’t do baking soda douche because of susceptibility to infections, but still want to raise there pH before bd. An hour before bd make sure your hands are clean and then you wet the tip of your finger (some say middle finger is easier) then dip it in baking soda. Then, sit down on the toilet and insert your finger with the baking soda and pull out. If tested right away your cm should go from low to high (4.5 to 7-8) and stay that way for up to four hours. You might be able to smell the baking soda, but it shouldn’t burn or hurt. Big thing to remember is to make sure not to actually touch your cervix. It has been said that it would burn pretty badly if you did.

going to try it today and see how i feel about it. OH is bringing some home but he wont be here until 11:00. i'll let y'all know how it goes!

forgot to add, if you're set on a girl i wouldn't do it, alkaline CM is more favorable to boy sperm.
but i think most of us aren't so picky about the sex, we really just want a baby :)

Help me!!! I am really struggling to stick to the plan!!! lol. Yesterday was supposed to be one of my non BD days, but that didnt happen, so I was wondering do I now miss a day or just BD today as normal? x

Don't worry Rachael, I ended up getting a +opk the day after we had bd'd, so then ended up doing it 4 days in a row, then when it came to the "skip a day then try one last time" day, we were both so tired lol and missed it!

It is a lot to keep up with, expecially if you're like us and one of you has been ill, or does late shifts, or you have kids or whatever...

:hugs:

xx

Two more question about softcups...once you insert how long do leave it for? Also, do you still stay lying down with your legs up or can you resume normal activities since it's in there? Thanks

Tryfor---- I am so sorry hun, I completely understand your fustration we have been trying since Dec 08 and it does get very hard to keep trying I almost gave up last cycle but I am holding on to hope and the support I get here to get me to my BFP!!!!

Miss Zoie ------ I am sorry sweetie hang in there and know that we are all here for you!

Arein----- On to the 2ww not for you!!!! FX'd hope you get your BFP!!! It sounds like you had a great weekend, I was stuck in my house doing algebra homework all freaking weekend!!! ughhhhhh!!!

Precious---- So sorry she got you ! I use my softcups everytime from CD8 and sometimes when I just don't want to deal with the mess after I have fallen asleep.

Jameo, Goddess ------ welcome

My turn- LMAO Chez-it's I love those things...... I hope this is it for you hun...... fx'd still when are you testing again?

Raz----- you have had a rough time..... I hope it gets better for you soon!

Rachael- ---- it can be tough but it is better to stick to the plan and since you bd'd last night I would skip tonight to let the sperm build up!

Nothing new to report for me..... CD10 and waiting on my + opk haveing weird twinges in my belly and some lower back pain maybe I am getting ready to O but who knows I symptom spotted to death last month so I am trying really hard not to pay attention to these things..... anyway I just wanted to touch base and send out lots and lots of baby:dust:

Two more question about softcups...once you insert how long do leave it for? Also, do you still stay lying down with your legs up or can you resume normal activities since it's in there? Thanks

I poppes it in yesterday and then cleaned house and went grocery shopping and everything...... I usually leav mine in for at least four hours.

Hey Precious Ness is wicked with all of her info, shes taught me everything lol....

I put my first one in today just for a practice and thought it couldnt hurt as bed this morning. I would say as soon as finished bedding pop one in and prop your legs up with the pillow under your bum for 20 mins hun. Think I will use them couple of days leading up to OV and for the peak days aswell

Yay to CBFM Razcox I would also have no clue either if wasnt using it

Yup Honey totally there has to be a few more BFP's in here please????

Yay to lots of PMA and warrior paint mamaxm

Precious you can leave it in for 12 hours max and you dont have to but I would prop legs up under pillow for 20 mins just for extras

For the ladies that use softcups...do you begin to use them when you get a positive opk or around the time where you know you will get a positive opk? I'm confused as to when to use them.

I use mine every single time we BD i do it for comfort aswell i cannot fall asleep feeling all the slime coming out :haha: sorry TMI

I use mine every single time we BD i do it for comfort aswell i cannot fall asleep feeling all the slime coming out :haha: sorry TMI

I can sleep with it but hated the mad dash in the morning to get to the loo before it dribbled down my legs!!! :rofl:

i've never had a problem with them leaking! i accidentally left mine in for more like 18 hours one time, i put it in at night and forgot it was there! slept in late and went to check CP and was shocked to feel the little lid :haha:

i use mine every single time, they're nice because there's no 'wet spot'.
so girls concerned about CM being too acidic (i know there were a few of us, lots of creamy CM especially around o time is a sign it's too acidic) but don't want to douce, here's a easy trick i found.. going to do it today!
Baking Soda Finger-->-->

This is for women who can’t do baking soda douche because of susceptibility to infections, but still want to raise there pH before bd. An hour before bd make sure your hands are clean and then you wet the tip of your finger (some say middle finger is easier) then dip it in baking soda. Then, sit down on the toilet and insert your finger with the baking soda and pull out. If tested right away your cm should go from low to high (4.5 to 7-8) and stay that way for up to four hours. You might be able to smell the baking soda, but it shouldn’t burn or hurt. Big thing to remember is to make sure not to actually touch your cervix. It has been said that it would burn pretty badly if you did.

going to try it today and see how i feel about it. OH is bringing some home but he wont be here until 11:00. i'll let y'all know how it goes!

Baking soda finger! I love it! Let us know!!!!

i'm definetly doing it tonight! just called OH to remind him. but i have to do it an hour before bd'ing, that means i wont be bd'ing till around 1AM :wacko: oh well. i'll let y'all know how it goes. i also read that you can put two pinches in preseed to help the pH of that too, as preseed's only 7 on the pH scale and it should be just a little bit higher than that, although clearly you can conceive with a 7, it's just if you're already acidic you might need a little extra help.
i think i might need to do a daily TTC fact. i love finding new ones i didn't know about. i'll post them in bold on here, kind of like a daily horoscope but it's just another tidbit of info to drive all of us mad :haha:

btw titi, i've always wanted a french bulldog (it looks like that's what you've got) we could only find one at a pet shop.. can't remember the name but one of those HORRIBLE chain ones they have in malls? she was so sick and i wanted her so bad but they wanted to charge me around 4,000 for her and we just couldn't do it, especially since we got our basset from a very nice family that didn't breed, their bassets just happened to have a litter for $300. OH says next time we have to get a pound dog (not for financial reasons, just because there are dogs that need homes and bla bla bla..) but i do love frenchies :)

Precious and tryfor...I am sending lots of love your ways. I know there's not much to say but that we are here for you and that we understand what you're going through. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Can I still get pregnant if I dont BD today ?:shrug:

P.S I feel like a BD crazed psycho right now, I promise everyone i am not lol Im just more upset as he knows how much I have been calculating it :nope:

Samira - I believe it was spencerbear (plz girls, correct me if I'm confusing her) that missed the BD on O day because of a fight too....she got her :bfp:!!! So, you'll be fine! And don't worry about feeling psycho, we all do the same, and I'd be furious too! But do like precious said, get him in the morning, he won't know what hit him! :rofl: I've done that with my DH, he actually loves it and says his day goes so much better after morning :sex:! Go get him girl!

Myturnyet- I feel the same way, I'm sooo hungry. Maybe it's just the nerves that are making me eat excessively...but sure hope it's because we are in need of extra calories!!!:baby:

Wanting - I will probably test tomorrow morning. I know I've said/thought I wanted to wait intil I was late, but it was so hard to not do it this morning. I guess I'm scared of a :bfn: so I'm avoiding it a little.

[-o< Please dear God: give us our :bfp:s!!! [-o<

Love, the BnB girls... ETA: and boys!

I can sleep with it but hated the mad dash in the morning to get to the loo before it dribbled down my legs!!! :rofl:

:rofl: Ewwwwwwwwwww :rofl:

Evening ladies! huge hugs to zoie and tryfor... (and anyone else who got a visit from the very, very unwelcome witch....)

It's definitely time for some BFPs in here. Let's start with one for my TTC Buddy Mimiwc2010, please! :friends:

next testers: April 22
jelliebaby

April 23
cheekybint
momtoboys1
winegums
mimiwc2010

April 24
honeybee28
reedsgirl1138
waiting4baby#1

fx'd girls! we're down 9% from official SMEP results so we're due some bfps! :happydance: i'd bet $5 the next person to report :witch: or :bfp: reports :bfp:!!!

Mimi, are you up next to test? What day are you testing?

I'm trying to hold out until the 28th (day after AF due), except I just realized that'd make me 17DPO...so can probably test earlier...maybe this Sat. or Sun., but am too scared!

I've been eating like crazy, but could be stress, too. Tonight, thought I smelled onion rings for some reason and it made me hungry so ran out to get some, but by the time I got back, didn't want them, anymore. :shrug:

Other than that, I really don't have any symptoms. What about you?

post 3,000 gets a bfp! i snatched up post 2,000 and i need someone else getting a bfp with me :haha: only 60 posts to go!
so excited for the next testers! can't wait to see our next bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->