Spotting since 9dpo & cramps

LeeMcMee

Baby boy due 9/1/23 !!
Reaction score
Hi,

I am usually a lurker, but today I've decided I want to post. I'm not 100% down with the forum lingo, but I know some stuff from reading.

A little background... I'm 29 but when I was about 23 I accidently got pregnant while 'on the pill' (I missed most of the month of pills) and at about 6-8 weeks I had a MC, but my symptoms before missed AF, from what I remember, were period like cramps the week AF was due so I thought it was coming, sore BBS on the sides, and I had spotting one day when I wiped, but I don't remember when. My AF always comes on a Thursday and the week she was due I took a test around Mon or Tues that week (so 2 days before AF due) cuz the spotting/cramping freaked me out, got a BFN. Didn't get :bfp: until that Sunday (3 days after missed AF... forgot about AF because it was Halloween weekend... remembered Sunday that I missed it and tested +)

I have similar symptoms now. My husband and I are NOT TTC but I did miss a ton of pills, thinking I took them when I hadn't. Anyways, here are my symptoms and I've taken tests but all :bfn: so far (yesterday I got a thin blue line on a test but I think it was an evap or indent):

(Today I am around 13dpo)

-2dpo light cramps, like light AF cramps, off and on from 2dpo until now (13 dpo). I suspect O cramps around that time? Then maybe implantation cramps around this time now?

-9dpo spotting only when I wiped. Pinkish and with a little CM. Had that, only while wiping, for about 4 hours.

-10dpo no spotting

-11dpo took a test, :bfn: , tiny bit of light brown spotting only when wiping

-12dpo Sticky dark (I think brown) CM only a couple dots of it when I wiped. High CP. Tested :bfn: (I get excited with testing lol)

-13dpo (today) very light brown spotting on toilet paper when I wiped an hour ago. Just went potty again, nothing. Cramping off and on and have been having light AF cramps all month, but more noticeable in the past 1-2 weeks.

AF due on Thursday and will test again that day or after.

Anyone else have these same symptoms and get a BFP? I tested earlier because I get excited lol.

So just to recap for the lurkers like myself who are checking symptoms... this month I've had:

-Cramps all month
-Spotting (pink, light brown, and dark brown sticky)
-Sleepy
-I THINK I had a very faint dizzy spell at work a week ago for all of 5 seconds, but not 100% sure.
-Possibly more frequent urination... hard to tell cuz I pee a lot anyways.

I will post pix of a couple of the tests just for fun because at first my eyes were making me see a barely visible line, but now I know it's just my wishful hoping. But I know sometimes you ladies like seeing the tests, as do I :) Thanks!

Attachments

• 20150710_201535.jpg
    20150710_201535.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20150713_150723.jpg
    20150713_150723.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 35
I should also add that my AF is usually Thursday-Sunday with pretty harsh cramps (nothing like the ones I'm having now) and it's usually decently heavy. I use regular tampons and change them every couple hours and then Sundays I use the light tampons. This stuff I've been spotting doesn't look like my AF, but I was curious if it came early for a day and wicked light or what?

Although there haven't been any replies, I wanted to update in case someone is a lurker like myself.

AF was supposed to come yesterday morning as always, but haven't seen her! I have never used a First Response Rapid Results test, but I bought a box of 2 on my lunch break. It said you can use it on the day of your missed AF or after and can use any urine, not just morning urine. Welp, got a :bfn: then googled the reviews and the reviews are good, but the bad reviews say that a lot of people got a :bfn: after missing their AF and they ended up being pregnant! So, I'm going to grab some dollar store tests on the way home from work cuz I'm poor now after buying so many tests *sigh*. Going to test first thing in the morning. With my last pregnancy that was a MC 7 years ago, I didn't get a BFP until Sunday (always get AF on a Thursday). I would just like to know asap so we can figure out finances etc! lol and my DH has no idea that this is all going on right now.

Also, yesterday (15dpo) I had a weird pinch feeling in my left boob when I bent over and it was around the tip of the nipple to under my boob but not all the way under. even when I took off my bra (incase it was the wire), it was still there. still the same symptoms since a while ago otherwise.

Incase any one is checking this out, I've had the same symptoms (cramping off and on, some nausea/full feeling, did have the pinched boob feeling once more) and I don't know if I mentioned this before, but my nipples look bigger and slightly darker and my blue veins in my boobs are looking more noticeable. Also, Saturday night while laying in bed it felt like a brick was in my stomach and felt like I wanted to puke. tried, but couldn't. Took tests all weekend cuz I'm insane, still BFN and my AF is now 4 days late. I haven't told DH yet cuz we aren't trying and I wan't to wait until I'm 100% sure before telling him.

Anyways, this morning around 5:20am I took a test with my first pee and I was half awake and noticed possibly a faint line (dollar tree test) like I had been getting but possibly more pronounced, with barely any dye if any at all... so I assumed it was my eyes. saved it for later on cuz I like to keep looking even though you're not supposed to.

NOW... with all my other tests that I saved, I never had a line show up more pronounced later and I used the same ones and do the same thing with them (save them for the day and open them up later to compare the strip to a tissue cuz the lighting is dark in the bathroom).

This is what I got less than 2 hours later. I gasped. Going to buy a GOOD test at lunch today and take it.

Attachments

• 20150720_073920.jpg
    20150720_073920.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 48
That looks pretty pink to me. Maybe your bfp maybe you can try a different brand. Good luck

That looks pretty pink to me. Maybe your bfp maybe you can try a different brand. Good luck

Thanks saffiya! Odd thing is... I took 2 tests with the same cup of urine this morning (I usually pee on the sticks) and 1 was a frer and 1 was frer gold digital. BOTH :bfn: ! What the heck?! Still having cramps though and other symptoms. I wanna know if I am pregnant or if something bad is going on with my body :( I called my doc this morning and schedule an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to get to the bottom of this. Getting nervous :( also, took some other tests yesterday (the dreaded blue dye) which were store brand. posted pix just to share.

the odd thing with the pink positive is that ive taken about 8 of those tests cuz im nuts and saved them like I did this one and ALL of them did NOT show pink like the one I posted the other day.

Attachments

• 20150720_230044.jpg
    20150720_230044.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 36
You aren't being ignored LeeMcMee lol, I am def lurking and stalking you.
I replied on a diff post that I see pink on that $ store test you took, so I'm not sure why your others were BFN, pls let us know what the doc says

You aren't being ignored LeeMcMee lol, I am def lurking and stalking you.
I replied on a diff post that I see pink on that $ store test you took, so I'm not sure why your others were BFN, pls let us know what the doc says

hahaha that's awesome thanks :) I love to lurk. that's how I got started on this site lol google searches! and random funny thing... JLM is my initials lol (Lee is my middle name).

I assumed people MIGHT be reading, but good to know they are :D I will def let you know what the doc says. not gonna be one of those that never replies back lol that's annoying when you've been following and they never gave a final update. I read on another post that a woman, who is now 31 weeks along, NEVER got a bfp... huh?! lol

also, all I could think for the bfns was that maybe my urine was too diluted cuz I did take most throughout the day, but I used FMU on the frers today so it's like wtf?! I never had pink show up later on on the $ store ones. who knows. im gonna ask the doc if i can do a blood test cuz ive already taken a bajillion pee tests.

:shrug:

Went to my doc today, now just impatiently waiting for results! She said I could be pregnant or it could be something to do with my thyroid? I have hypothyroidism but I always take my pills for it.

Anyways she did a blood test for my thyroid and for hcg. She said she'll probably get results back tomorrow morning.

Went to my doc today, now just impatiently waiting for results! She said I could be pregnant or it could be something to do with my thyroid? I have hypothyroidism but I always take my pills for it.

Anyways she did a blood test for my thyroid and for hcg. She said she'll probably get results back tomorrow morning.

FX for you and can't wait for your update tomorrow.
Hoping since you take your meds for thyroid, it is the "other" reason!:hugs:
And the very few evaps i saw on $ store tests were def grey, no pink at all, and usually many many hours later when totally dried

Thanks JML. Well sad news :cry: my blood test came back negative. Still no AF and it's a week today that it's late and I'm NEVER late, of course maybe I just threw my body all off from missing tons of BCP? But when this happened 7 years ago, I ended up pregnant. Anywho, this is what the doc said:

Hi Jamie-

Your blood pregnancy test came back negative. I wouldn't re-start your pill pack until you actually did get your period and remember, since your cycle is a little off right now, you don't know when you will ovulate so the chance of pregnancy would be greater if you don't use any protection. If you don't get your period within the next two weeks, give me a call or send me a message. I am off at a conference part of the first week of August and on vacation the 2nd week of August.

Angela

And here are the lab results. It said <1 hcg... I wonder if I had a chemical pregnancy or something?

Ordered Date: 07/22/2015
Assessments: Amenorrhea
Test Name: hCG Quantitative

Name
hCG Quant

Value
<1

Reference Range
0-3 mIU/mL

hCG Quant Inter See Below For Report
Result: Negative
Received Date: 07/22/2015

Also, I had been so nervous to tell DH about everything (because of money and job situations cuz we bought a house last year and trying to pay off debts and budget now to start fresh so that we CAN have a baby lol) and when I told him he first mentioned how it would be fine but it's bad timing as we are trying to budget and get everything, money wise, figured out. I agreed (but I was hoping hehe). And that was at night, the next day (yesterday) he was much more hopeful sounding (it was also his mother's birthday and she passed away last August from cancer, so I thought maybe it's a sign!). He kept saying stuff like, "Well, we weren't ready for this yet, but if you ARE pregnant than it's fine because we wanted a baby some day anyways" :) and today when I told him I'm not pregnant, I think he was actually disappointed like me. He also kept saying how it would have all worked out with finances if we had a baby right now... soooo when I get home tonight, I think I'll mention that maybe we should actually TTC now and see what he thinks. Seems like he might want to as well. Anywho, still have to wait and see where the hell AF is! Wondering why I had, and still have, all these symptoms with negative tests. I will still be posting on this site and hanging around and maybe we will actually be TTC soon :D and thanks for keeping up with me and listening to my symptoms etc! :winkwink:

OH, also... she didn't even mention my thyroid and when I checked online for my thyroid lab results they seem normal. So it's not my thyroid. I told my doc it is strange because I FEEL pregnant and I had spotting a week before AF was due and CM every day for the past couple weeks which I NEVER have. I just don't know! Gahhhhhh

Hi all, just another update. I'm enjoying sharing my stuff for you guys and also to keep a log for myself lol.

I emailed my doc back yesterday just to ask what my hcg levels were (because I didn't see them until AFTER I messaged her... they list all lab results online)... anyways, this was her reply... looks like she may still think I am pregnant but not enough hcg in my system yet? I emailed her back asking questions about that just now saying I know it could just be delayed since I screwed up my pills, but is there a chance I'm still pregnant but not enough hcg in my system right now and what would cause that? (I asked this stuff cuz I've read online about women not getting a bfp until 1 month after missing AF, but I didn't tell her that lol docs hate googling!) Also, where she mentions 'other labs' that makes me nervous! I always think the worst lol. Still no AF... so that's 8 days late now. I know it's still early in the TTC world, but just strange for me since if I'm EVER late (which is rare) it's maybe 1-2 days. I HAVE been this late in the past when I wasn't on BCP. Who knows! Still cramping as well.

Hi Jamie-

Your HCG was <1 (in the not pregnant range). Your thyroid number was perfect on the dose you are taking. If still no period by the second week of August, we can do another blood HCG and some other labs. I am on vacation then, but I will put a note in this message to the other NPs as to what I want to order.

Angela

So, who knows. I told my husband that there could still be a chance of pregnancy (I was guessing since she mentioned calling her if no AF in 2 weeks) and now I will confirm with him that yup she wants to do another hcg test in 2 weeks :) but he did say that he would like to WTT :( but I understand because he wants to get our finances situated, but we did have a nice talk about it last night :) he said 2 years or so, I said no way and I would like to be pregnant around this time next year lol I'm going to be 30 this year and my mom had me at 38 but I want children earlier than that.

Happy Friday! :dust:

Wow, my doc was VERY quick to reply. She must be between patients.

Hi Jamie-

Your HCG could be positive in a few weeks, so I'd hold off on the cholesterol meds and fish oil. May just be too early.

Angela

:mail: :headspin:

OK chicky well you are on deck now lol
Are you going to :winkwink::winkwink: NOT take your pills and hmm end up preggers??
Seems your man wasn't too bothered with the idea...heck you will have 9 months to save $ :haha:
Other option I came off depo last yr and have been ttc since. I have been on it in the past and always take a pill pack to force a period and get me back on cycle whenever I come off depo.
So not sure when you took your last pill, but you may wanna check some opks mama!

OK chicky well you are on deck now lol
Are you going to :winkwink::winkwink: NOT take your pills and hmm end up preggers??
Seems your man wasn't too bothered with the idea...heck you will have 9 months to save $ :haha:
Other option I came off depo last yr and have been ttc since. I have been on it in the past and always take a pill pack to force a period and get me back on cycle whenever I come off depo.
So not sure when you took your last pill, but you may wanna check some opks mama!

lol well, im actually going to buy a couple tests today because im hopeful after finding out from a friend of mine (who has 4 children, 6 pregnancies (1 MC, 1 eptopic) that with having Hypothyroidism like her and I both have, a positive result can take a while to show. She found this info out from her doc. it would make sense that when I was prego 7 years ago, I got a bfp just 3 days after my missed period cuz I didn't have hypothyroidism them. only got diagnosed a few years ago.

welp, I did talk to DH about getting prego if I'm NOT prego right now and he said he wanted to wait 2-3 years and I said hell no lol I'm gonna be 30 in a month and I want babies sooner rather than later (my mom had me at 38 and that's cool, but I want babies sooner). I told him id like to be prego by next year. but it's funny cuz while talking about our plans if im NOT pregnant right now, he goes down the hall (we live in a ranch house) and he said 'which room would you want for the baby?' (guest room or computer room) so I was in my glory lol he did say he would be happy right now if I was pregnant, but would prefer to wait, so if im not pregnant right now than unfortunately we are going to wait a year. BUT I really think I am. im not taking my pills right now as my doc said not to take them again until I get a period (if I do). also off of my cholesterol pills cuz she said to get off them incase im pregnant.

but if im not pregnant, than sometime next year I will come off my pills for a couple months then TTC.

and I have my fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

ONE more thing... last night, I was sitting cross legged on the floor folding laundry and I sneezed a decent sneeze and it felt like all the muscles around my uterus were pulled and it lasted a few seconds. hmmm!

Oh, also meant to say that the last BCP I took was around 7/10 (I think I missed the next day's pill, which was the last BCP for that pack before sugar pills). then 5 days into my sugar pills I was supposed to get AF.

but DH doesn't want to have sex until I get my period cuz my doc said I would have a high chance of pregnancy since I am off the pills right now :( not even with other precautionary methods, *sigh*

The latest pee stick, cuz they're fun to look at lol. I know I shouldn't get blue dye, but last time I was prego it's what I got a bfp on first. 1-2 weeks ago when testing, I was getting a similar THIN blue line on here that shows up probably around 5 min? I didn't time it, but this time I felt like I saw it slightly better and I know I shouldn't take it out of the plastic thingy but oh well lol. Will share tomorrow's FMU test tomorrow.

So, last urine and blood test was Wednesday the 22nd. I held off till today lol

Attachments

• 20150727_143121.jpg
    20150727_143121.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20150727_143921.jpg
    20150727_143921.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts