Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Yay to being close to second tri chloe! And thanks for all the hoping ladies...not sure about spotting as dh and I have not dtd for 3 nights in a row unfortunately! We are both overworking this week. Cd 26 today already and stomach is very achey and almost crampy like very hard to explain....still habe not tested...may test memorial day if still no sign of af!

Hm also bloated I suppose haven't had much of an appetite either this past week....

hi ladies...quick update...doctors have given norethisterone to take 3 times a day for 5 dsys hoping it jump starts regular shorter cycles....he said to wait to make sure i aint preg first so currently i cud be 7dpo...how long do you suggest i wait before taking these if i get negatives....he also said im not the right build for pcos so wont test for it...my temp has spiked up and down since o???

almosthere sounds good baby dust to you and all the other ladies

hmm....hope that medication helps one_dips!

afm cd27, dtd last night (finally! haha) and no spotting!

also, got results back from an ultrasound and they would not tell me much. All they said was they want me to go see my obgyn for a follow up due to a "non-specific finding"....does anyone know what that means? It is driving me nuts not knowing! Also, the lady said abnormal finding, then retracted her statement and renamed it non specific finding....

almosthere, thats weird. I wonder what they meant? Maybe they found cysts on your ovaries?

Onedips, that is strange that they wouldn't test you for PCOS because you weren't the right build. As far as I know, there is no body mold for PCOS. I am very thin and while I dont fit the stereotypical PCOS patient, i have irregular periods and high DHEA-S (Androgens) which made my RE suspect PCOS. But i am not insulin resistant, which is probably why i am not overweight. There are so many different viewpoints on what it means to have PCOS. If you dont have regular cycles, something is amiss and they should be testing your bloods for something! If they put you on norethisterone, did they actually check your progesterone to see if you need it? I have known people to not get their BPF until 16 DPO, so I would probably wait until 14 DPO before taking the progesterone, if not 16 DPO.

hi ladies...quick update...doctors have given norethisterone to take 3 times a day for 5 dsys hoping it jump starts regular shorter cycles....he said to wait to make sure i aint preg first so currently i cud be 7dpo...how long do you suggest i wait before taking these if i get negatives....he also said im not the right build for pcos so wont test for it...my temp has spiked up and down since o???

I'm not right build for PCOS either, I have very narrow waist. That's probably why they kept dismissing it. The whole build thing is very old school. They used to think that all PCOS girls are supposed to be overweight, with major acne, facial hair and apple-shaped figure. These days even polycystis ovaries are not longer required indication for PCOS. Basically, if everything else (thyroid, high prolactin, etc) checks out, but you're still having long irregular cycles - PCOS it is.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's unlikely progesterone will fix your cycles. It will most likely give you AF (3-5 days after you take the last pill), but it won't magically make you ovulate earlier or altogether.

I don't think you've ovulated either. Hun, I'm really sorry that I can't say something more encouraging. But if you'll take positive OPK record from the chart, pretty sure FF will change its mind about ovulation.

I'm not right build for PCOS either, I have very narrow waist. That's probably why they kept dismissing it. The whole build thing is very old school. They used to think that all PCOS girls are supposed to be overweight, with major acne, facial hair and apple-shaped figure. These days even polycystis ovaries are not longer required indication for PCOS. Basically, if everything else (thyroid, high prolactin, etc) checks out, but you're still having long irregular cycles - PCOS it is.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's unlikely progesterone will fix your cycles. It will most likely give you AF (3-5 days after you take the last pill), but it won't magically make you ovulate earlier or altogether.

I don't think you've ovulated either. Hun, I'm really sorry that I can't say something more encouraging. But if you'll take positive OPK record from the chart, pretty sure FF will change its mind about ovulation.

ive taken positive opks off ff and still assumes uve o.'d gyess only way is to wait and see what my temps say and the next two-three weeks bring...i reallt hope this medication doss something....if not he said he will refer me sumwhere but said u have to try this first asd be thatd what they will do first of all anyways...no said blood tests would be no good as would show anyghing if uve not had af or somthing.... i dunno im confused :-(

Crrtain bloodtests have to be taken on specific days of your cycle. I couldn't be tested as my cycles are so random , so tests wouldn't highlight an issue. One dips I'm sure within a couple of cycles you will start noticing what your cycles are doing. By me checking my temps and opks I could identify I was rarely ovulating.

Almost there- I hate when people only give you 1/2 info , why do that as they must know people then worry! When do you think you will get an appointment and find out? I'm sure if something major was found she wouldnt of been so dismissive

Afm 2nd cycle I've ovulated and my temps had a big rise today vs normal however not sure how much that is linked to the hot evening last night. Last cycle AF arrived at 9dpo soon expecting AF Sunday onwards, won't test until following Sunday if AF doesn't arrive.

Is it possible for AF to not arrive like weeks after ovulation or is it ALWAYS 9-18 days after O ?

one_dips, all the news sounds confusing :) Just sending big :hugs: ! Are you keeping a diary of all of this as well as your charts?

Ok so called back-still need a follow up ultra sound BUT only because they saw s shady area near my ovary-could have just been a BOWL movement LMAO I died laughing to myself when I hear the news-however, could be a cyst if it is still shady when they check...also, cd27, just tests (no idea how many dpo I am, cycles can be as long as 32days for me, although usually 28, 29, or 30....and BFN =(...assuming I am out and on to my 10th month of ttc...)

almosthere, I hope it's just still a bit early to test!

one_dips, I hope I'm wrong and you have indeed ovulated! I really don't see a point in taking progesterone in your case though. If you do ovulate, but later, then progesterone won't do a thing. If you don't, then it'll only bring on AF, that's all it does.

They do use this thing when you take 10mg a day during 10 days from CD16-CD25 for 3 cycles. THAT apparently has been known to regulate cycles in some girls. It sorts of gives you a fake luteal phase and might balance out estrogen-progesterone. I wanted to try that last year, but on my second cycle, started spotting really early, a week after AF was gone and didn't know what was happening, so I dropped that progesterone-fix idea.

You really need to find a doctor who'll do a complete hormonal panel on CD3 for you. And preferably an u/s as well.

thanks soili-on the bright side-dtd last night and not even a spot of spotting....which makes me wonder well where is af, is this finally it even though thats my only "symptom" if you will.....but I had a bfn last night so who knows....no opks so I could have been anywhere from 5dpo to 12dpo last night...

Almost there it could just be too early - got everything crossed for you xx

Everything crossed indeed almost :) Sending loads of positive thoughts!

thanks so much ladies I really needed to hear that right now! Still no sign of af at least! No testing for me until Monday if AF still is a no show!

thanks for asking! Well unfortunately, spotting two nights ago after dtd-very very light pink and not too much...but :/ Also, a bfn yesterday...still no af cd31 for me...not counting af late until cd35 as my longest so far has been 34dl!

Hi everyone,

Almosthere, sending lots of baby dust your way. This stage of the game is unbearable at times.

Expattc and Chloe – check you guys out, can’t believe you guys are nearly in second trimester. Anyone heard from Nell?

Soili – have been reading your posts with interest. My ovulation signs never coincide. For example, I often get lots of EWCM and negative OPKs, then positive OPK’s and no EWCM, positive opks not followed by a temperature rise (although I do appear to get a temperature rise every month, often about 6 days after first OPK). I also get multiple OPKs over several days and some times days apart. Progestestorone levels are low but my gp states they indicate ovulation. Who knows. I might arrange for progesterone to be tested again.

Jellycat yay for the big O!!

Well this cycle I have bled cycle days 17 & 18 (perhaps ovulation spotting??). Started progesterone cycle day 21, this held off spotting until CD 25. Continued with progesterone and no spotting CD 27. Due AF tomorrow, negative BFN yesterday, absolutely no symptoms. Have follow up gyna appointment in July. They are going to arrange for hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy and lap. Has anyone had this?

MrsPTTC hope your having a lovely holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->