Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Yes, I hope we all do too....I REALLY want to be able to surprise DH's family with a belly bump this coming december when we visit-what a surprise that would be!!!

Amosthere, jellycat, dreaming, I hope this is our month! Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us. :flower:

Pregnant ladies, how have you been? Is the sickness present still?

How is everyone else doing, feeling? I am CD15 and got my smiley face yesterday, but when I went to get my scan today the doctor could hardly see any signs of ovulation. She noticed a tiny little starlike shape on one of the ovaries, but couldn't really tell what it was for sure and concluded that either I didn't ovulate this cycle, or I did literally as I walked into the office and the follicle wasn't visible anymore, but corpus luteum was too small to see yet. So we'll see, not giving up hopes, but not counting on getting pregnant this cycle either. Baby dancing no matter what. :dust:

fx u od....if you got a smiley, wouldn't that confirm O? now I am worried even though I get pos opks, i don't really O....ughhhh

Yes, I believe it is possible to have a positive OPK and still not ovulate. OPK detects your LH surge and I think you can have a rise in LH, but still not ovulate. It happened to me 3 cycles ago, I got my smiley, but doctor couldn't see any signs of ovulation. FX, almosthere!

thanks-so what is the needed steps to be taken in order to confirm regular ovulation? my obgyn is of no help-says opks confirm 100 percent!!!

Hi almosthere I think a shift in temprerure if u chart and 7 dpo progesterone tests would be the best way to confirm ov. Katiettc hope u did ov this month.

I am on cd 8, having loads of ewcm the last few days but neg opks. I know u can get ewcm throughout but it is all rather confusing. Due to dh varying sperm results bd every day is probably not a good idea but just hope we don't miss it x

Guys, a period of EWCM followed by positive OPK, followed by AF after 11-16 days is a very definitive confirmation for ovulation. LH wouldn't suddenly spike, unless you have a follie big enough to pop. They don't always see everything on the scan. I hear sometimes they wouldn't even see one of the ovaries at all, because it might be obstructed by the other organs. So really, you have nothing to worry about!

Hi girls,
I used to get pos OPK's all the time and not actually when I O'd. My doctor told me they were not reliable and you can have LH surges and not O, especially with PCOS. Katie, are you temping? Temping + pos OPK would definitely help you pinpoint your O date. Progesterone levels 7 DPO would also help. No O would give you a super low progesterone number. Keep BDing just in case! I hope you did O :)

AFM, I'm just chugging along. Had my 12 week scan and saw my LO wiggling all over the place. It was so amazing. I'm still feeling super bloated by the end of every day, and nausea comes and goes. Can't wait for week 14 to get here as I hear thats when most people have their symptoms go away. been having massive issues with my insurance over trying to refill my Zofran, which is super annoying. the US healthcare system has sometimes been amazing, and other times is sooooooo frustrating!!

:dust::dust: to you all!

Wow, Chloe, it's been 12 weeks already? Time flies. Hope your symptoms go away soon. Hope we can all soon complain about pregnancy symptoms O:)

I'm no expert on ovulation. I just read, have been told and myself experienced that positive OPK or arrival of AF does not mean you ovulated. I used to temp, but failed to discover a pattern, the temperatures were all over the place, even though I took it at the same time every day (hated the alarm on the weekends). Once I started getting regular scans I stopped temping. I could compare scans at different times of my cycle and could def see the difference between an ovary with no follicles, one follicle, 3 or 4 follicles or corpus luteum once follicles ruptured. I'm getting another scan tomorrow, hopefully it will show signs of ovulation. If it does and we still fail to conceive, I'm kicking my husband in the butt and sending him to get some tests done too.
:dust::dust::dust:

Katiettc - got everything crossed for you.

Almosthere I've stopped using opks as I would get various positives through my cycle. Last cycle I had lots of ewcm, and temps raised so I know it happened last cycle vs previous where no O.

Chloe - glad the scan went well, my sickness with JJ stopped by about 17 weeks then I felt great for about 5 weeks . Hope it passes quickly for you

Afm still early in next cycle think I'm cd7 or cd8. No cm yet so just plodding along

I see jellycat!

and so glad we are close in cycles...I am cd8 so lets just assume you are too ;) haha....af stopped 2-3 days ago but has been spotting in and out...very annoying as I want to BD but dislike doing so with even the tiniest bit of spotting....

hope all are well-my mom landed in the hospital by ambulance so can't be on here too much as I need to visit her this week and weekend...

Guys, a period of EWCM followed by positive OPK, followed by AF after 11-16 days is a very definitive confirmation for ovulation. LH wouldn't suddenly spike, unless you have a follie big enough to pop. They don't always see everything on the scan. I hear sometimes they wouldn't even see one of the ovaries at all, because it might be obstructed by the other organs. So really, you have nothing to worry about!

and the fact that I have only seen EWCM like once in my life during ttc scares me :/ I only notice it if it is on dh after sex....so not even sure it counts as ewcm...will try not to worry about ov. until my 12 yr. mark I suppose...can't do too much now since my doc says I must wait 12mo since my cycle day 3 tests were all good and clear..

Ladies I got a smiley face late on cycle day 8 Also had ewcm and today (day 10) had a temp rise (although had a few drinks last night and poor sleep) does anyone else ovulate this early?

Almosthere how is your mum? What happened? I hear that evening primrose oil can help improve cervical mucus

Lovely scan pic Chloe 2nd tri already woo hoo.

Anyone else wondering how mrspttc is?*

reaminghoping, I dont think its impossible to ovulate this early and things definitely would indicate that youb have. Be interesting to see your temp tomorrow morning.

Almostthere - I agree evening primrose oil will help with ewcm or possibly use a lubricant like pre seed? Hope your mum is doing ok :hugs:

Dreaminghopin - Im constantly wondering how MrsPTTC is doing - Can only assume after her holiday she has decided to take a break fromit all for a couple of months :-( Hopefully she will be back soon posting

dreaming, I hope to ov early this cycle-lucky you!! =) I had such a long cycle last month, that I am keeping my FX I get a lucky fertile short cycle haha. Just opkd for the first time this cycle, cd10 today and it is negative but decent color for early on! Hoping for a nice OV on cd14-16 that would be wonderful. Only bdncd once so far, so happy not to be nearing ov just yet....worked 55 hours last week so looking forward to less hours this week and less stress-my mom is doing a bit better but still n the hospital. It turns out, she has an abcess the size of her uterus in between her ovary and her uterus and may need surgery to rid of this horrid infection!

on a brighter note, happy bdncing to all!!! and loads of baby dust! <3

almosthere, oh my goodness, I really hope your mom's health improves and she leaves the hospital soon! Modern medicine does wonders, fingers crossed for her!

dreaminghopin, I've had a positive opk once on cd7, don't know for sure if I ovulated that month, but I kept testing and opks stayed negative for the rest of the cycle.

Chloe, your scan is beautiful! So hard to believe the baby is that big already. It feels like it wasn't that long ago that you shared your frustration with bfns and here we are today. Very happy for you :flower:

Yes, I do wonder how mrspttc is doing. Hope she updates us soon.

Afm, CD19 today. I think I did ovulate this month - ever since I took clomid, I've always had a distinct discharge two days after a positive opk and I had it again this month. Not seeing it too well though - light pink spotting started again yesterday. It's the same story every month. It's hardly noticeable in the beginning and starts so light, it always makes me hope it's ib, but it only gets worse each day until AF arrives. My breasts have been killing me last couple of days. They always get sore a day or two before AF, but started getting bigger and tender a little too early this cycle. It's a pain carrying them around and there's only one thing I'd be willing to endure this pain for...

Baby dust to all:dust:

hi ladies, thanks for all your support! the latest update on my mom is that she has not one but two abcesses and may need surgery if the antibiotics do not show promise in the next few days. These are on her ovaries and one ovary may need to be removed. hoping the antibiotics work and that she will be out of the hospital by the end of the week!

as for ttc....month 10 has began-cycle day 10 today, dtd, it was amazing, hehe, and started opking today...hope I get my June Birthday wish!!!

almosthere, keeping your mom in my thoughts. Hope antibiotics do the job and there won't be any need for surgery. Good luck TTCing this month, hope your June birthday wish comes true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->