Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

oh katie that is wonderful news....still praying for you and little bean....must be a sticky one if still there, sooooo happy to hear the amazing news and also so sorry you had such a stinker of a nurse!!

and no comment of lining made by my doctor, although must have been checked on my 2 ultrasounds...so I suppose there must not be a problem with it....I am just baffled...although if this light af is not a problem then the light af is fie by me!! =) And I hope you are right in that my bfp will come soon!! I think I've waited long enough!! ;)

tomorrow dh get's to fill up a cup and drive it on up to the hospital...hoping for only good news or a solution to why it is taking a bit longer than I suspected to get preg! will keep you all updated.

Katie, I'm with daydream - grow little one grow!!

almostthere, gl with dh's testing!

almosthere - GL to your DH tomorrow. I know it's stressful for the guys. But it feels so good to get the results and not have the uncertainty

Good luck tomorrow, almosthere! Hope dh's results look great!

Hi ladies,

Hope no-one minds me jumping in?
I posted on here a few months back and have been trying to have a break as got a bit obsessed with checking it all the time..it has lured me back though!

Some peoples stories i am familiar with, congrats to all who have conceived in the last few months and glad to hear lovely stories, and also feel for anyone going through worry and stress with it all.

And for people still waiting to TTC I feel you, still in that club too!

It is coming up a year for me I was wondering if anyone had any advice at all?
I persuaded my GP to give me another Day21 test as still convinced progesterone could be a problem for me and worried it drops off too soon which causes the spotting, and asked to have it when I am actually spotting rather than the standard 7dpo,

So had one taken at 10dpo, I got the results back it said borderline may have ovulated and the result was 25, (previously had one at 4dpo at 45)
Pretty sure I did O, as had symptoms I usually get before and after.
I've not been temping but checked the day of the test and it was a typical post O temp, then the next day temp had dropped and then AF arrived the day after boooo,
Should temps stay high until the day before or do they start to drop before then?

Just not sure what the next step will be, am going to try and get an appointment for me and DH to discuss the results' and what the next step is (going to say its been a year even though a month short!)
Does anyone know what sort of order things usually happen with, in an ideal world I would like a sperm analysis to rule DH out, then I sometimes worry that my body kills the sperm before it even gets to the egg(!) so if there was a way to know I have friendly CM! and would really like a scan to see what state my uterus is in, if the lining is the right thickness etc..i

Does progesterone supplements seem like the next step? Can a GP prescribe it or does it have to come from a referral? Am considering buying some over the counter stuff if there is going to be a wait to bridge the time between now and then,

Sorry for all the questions, sometimes I think I am pretty clued up about it all after constantly researching for months, but really I don't know what to expect from here on out :nope:

Hope everyone has a good weekend, thanks for reading

oh Katie, I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you that its a sticky bean and will continue to grow!

daydream, love the scan pics. Great that you pointed out his boy parts :)

Almosthere, that does sound good that no one was concerned about your ultrasound results. Light AF is a nice bonus! I hope your BFP is on its way very soon! Good luck with DH's :spermy: results :)

Liz - I noticed my temp would drop and then AF would show up a day later. Where are you living? in the US, you can't buy progesterone pills OTC, only progesterone cream, which I've heard doesn't really do anything for the LP. If you are worried about CM, you can try preseed, its a sperm friendly lubricant. I have used that. I can't recall if I used it with my BFP tho. I don't think so because I noticed EWCM at the time and just went with it.

MrsP, how are the scan's going? Sorry you have had doctor's that don't seem to take you seriously. Its so frustrating that they won't do further testing so that they can be sure if you O'd or not. Makes no sense to me!

hello,

katie- gud news ! i kinda had my doubts abt the mc ! prayin 4r a super sticky bean !

daydream- wow great scans ! congrats ! ur bump is getting big :)

mrsp- sorry abt the scans & the mean woman who shut u down ! i don't understand wat they wud infer 4rm ur charts if af arrives..hope they have sum ans 4r u next time ! mrshy said she ws takin a break 4rm bnb & hope she got her bfp along with happyshoper !

almost- sorry abt the witch ! if they din't emntion abt ur linin then i guessits all gud ! hope ur dh's results r all gud !

liz- sorry u still r spotting & ttc but welcome back ! my temp drops the day
b4r af or the day of af ! if ur pro is borderline, isn't ur doc gonna give u a prescrip 4r it ? i tried the otc & dint help me ! i'm guessing u got all ur scans,bloods done !

afm,just got my af with some cramps after 4days of spotting ! my spotting sometimes has red blood..this has started in the past yr..it was brown watery blood earlier..dunno wats happenin :(
takin ginger water 2days b4r af & 3days after af is supposed to help with scanty period..i tried it last 2 mnths but did nothin !

Katie - that is such good news was hoping that they were wrong..... Grow Lo !

Almosthere - when does dh get his results?

Daydream will check out your blog after this congrats on the blue bump.

Yum - sorry AF arrived - my spotting has always been watery pink.

Liz - I'm the same as Chloe my temp would drop a day or so before AF arrives

AFM - been unable to temp past couple of days as JJ has been ill, so either up through the night or up inexpectantly early. Don't believe I'm 17dpo so am waiting and seeing.

of course dh did not ask when results would be due! but I know they had to examine right away, sooo I would assume Monday! I will call my obgyn as directed to get my results!

Almost here - ours took a few days to get to our drs office every time we had to have it done. The first wait was torture, I think it took almost a week!

Daydream - great video can't believe how many potty shots you got! You really were surprised it was a boy! You are getting a lively bump too. Have you list the weight through ms or just change in eating?

Katie!!!!!!! :wohoo: that is amazing news! FX'd for a sticky bean for you and the bleeding stops. And damn that nurse! :growlmad:

Jellycat - 17DPO?? Have you tested? :test:

Almosthere, why don't you ask your Dr about your lining? They must have measured it.

Yum, sorry AF got you :hugs:

Lizc - welcome back hun! :wave: Progesterone's not available over the counter here either but you can get some sort of natural progesterone cream over the internet. My temp used to drop on either the day of AF or the day before. I think the next steps will be SA and probably a HSG (don't worry - not painful!)

Daydream I've just realised what you said in your last post to me - they didn't think you ovulated the cycle you got your BFP? How come?

Chloe - the last scan was tuesday where I had the raggy follie, they didn't want to see me again.

Hi to everyone else :howdy: x

Jelly cat - all MS and just general food aversion. I never feel like eating much.

MrsP - hm no they knew I ovulated, I probably mistyped whatever I last said to you.

MrsPTTC - havent tested as I think FF is wrong, my temps are rubbish this month, I have no symptoms and dont thnk ive even ovulated this cycle. I havnt temped past couple of days as JJ has been ill so havent been able to. Will t tomorrow and then pretty sure the crosshairs will dissappear. If I start to get any symptoms or no AF by cd 40 Ill test then ...... I hate seeing the big BFN's just gets abit tedious and I feel dissapointed so rather not test...... does that make sense?

Ah Daydream it's me being stupid, it was Katie who said that! :dohh: So Katie - they didn't think you ovulated the cycle you got your BFP? How come?

Jellycat I totally know how you feel, I try not to test either. Though this month as the ovulation is questionable I feel like I want to test just to be put out of my misery! Will test at the weekend which if I have ovulated will be 12DPO ish.

x

Hi There
Hope everyone had a good weekend,

Thanks for the advice on my questions, am speaking to the Dr on the phone on Wed to discuss blood test results, hoping he will finally acknowledge there may be a some issues! And have also purchased some serenity progesterone cream off the internet tonight, to use after O, even if it only stops the dreaded spotting i will be happy! Am hoping it will keep the lining where it should be and help with implantation if the egg manages to get fertilised! Hope I am not concentrating too much on the whole progesterone thing there could be numerous things preventing it, but have had a hunch from early on it could be related to this,

Babydust as always to all xxx:dust:

lizc - just a quick note - talk about using the cream with your doctor before you do so...just because it may make it difficult to monitor changes in your levels if you don't have the right 'baseline' bloods taken before you use it. Most likely your doc will tell you to go for it - but you also don't want to put yourself behind a few months...he might even tell you that something stronger, like suppositories or oral prog, is better for you.

Liz - I had to push my doctor to let me use progesterone supps. I have been spotting for 2-6 days for 23 cycles, my progesterone was checked many times at 7dpo and was always fine, but I would start spotting a day or two later. I think my progesterone is dropping off too soon, I don't think in all that time I had a luteal phase over 10/11 days long. I have brought up low progesterone numerous times before due to the spotting, but my doctor kept telling me it was fine. Finally last cycle I asked him and his nurse practitioner about taking the supplements and low and behold, the first cycle of NO spotting. And my luteal ohase was 16 days long! So... It just makes me mad that it was my idea all along. I have heard that most of the creams aren't potent enough. I also read somewhere on here (I think) that if you take the pills orally they might not be as effective as using them vaginally. Just something to think about, but if you think it's a problem don't let your doctor talk you out of it!!! You can never have too much progesterone!!

Almosthere, hope dh's analysis is here and looks wonderful. Let us know once you find out the results. FX!

Yum, I'm so sorry AF arrived :hugs:

Daydream, nice balloon video. Is it normal for other people to scream so much and drop their camera when they find out the sex of someone else's baby? I love your blog :thumbup:

Welcome back, liz! I remember seeing your name, but it's been a while since your last post and I can't quite remember what tests they've done on you and whether they've ever found anything wrong. Did you ever get any scans of your ovaries, lining? If you're sure you ovulate each month and all your hormone tests look normal, I'd say checking your dh's sperm would be the next logical step. With regards to CM, like Chloe, I also used preseed when TTCing, although on the night we conceived I had so much ewcm we didn't need it. As far as progesterone goes, I took it orally for several cycles and it didn't help my spotting a bit, but daydream was saying it helped her only when she was taking it vaginally and I never tried that. In any case, the cycle we actually succeeded, I spotted and bled like never before. I can now see how some women fail to realize they are pregnant - if I hadn't taken an hpt I'd probably think I just had another AF. FX for you, liz! Sending loads of baby dust your way!

Jellycat, I hear you with testing. It can emotionally drain you pretty quickly. I was so tired of bfn, I decided to wait it out last cycle. I lasted till CD26 and the only reason I tested was because it was Father's day in the U.S. and I really wanted to hand my dh a bfp that day. Fingers crossed for you!

MrsPTTC, yes it was me who wasn't sure about ovulation. When the doc scanned me she didn't see a definite follicle, nor did she see a formed corpus luteum, so she concluded that either I didn't ovulate that month, or I did right as I walked through that door and the follicle was already gone, but the corpus luteum hasn't quite formed yet. Given that I had a positive OPK the day before my scan, and I managed to conceive that month I think that's precisely what happened. I looked up folliculogenesis on wikipedia afterwards to try to understand what exactly is visible on the scan around O and found the read pretty entertaining (I can't believe I'm saying that). Good luck testing this weekend!

AFM, doing ok. HCG levels seem to be rising properly, spotting is still there, but has gotten somewhat weaker. Not getting excited yet, just praying for a healthy baby and taking it one day at a time.

:dust: to all of you, wonderful ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"