Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Wow, ladies, what a bloody weekend that was. My brown spotting turned into gushes of bright red blood followed by passing of a clot size of a walnut that looked very different from anything I've ever seen before. My heart sunk. A couple of hours later there was another gush of fresh blood followed by passing of another large clot. I was still trying to remain hopeful, because there was zero cramping or pain associated with that and I've heard of a condition called subchorionic hematoma when pregnant women pass large clots during early stages of pregnancy, but don't lose the baby. Today, however, the nurse practitioner (the doc wasn't in) told me that what I had experienced was a miscarriage :cry: She drew my blood for HCG levels to confirm that. All the bleeding stopped today and my cervix is closed, which means that miscarriage has completed itself. My boobs aren't as sore anymore, all the symptoms are subsiding.

Sorry, I'm not reacting to any of your posts today, but this is exactly the type of day when all I want is to crawl under my blankets and ball my eyes out.

Katie I am deeply deeply sorry. I hope you are getting some support and please know that we are all here for you. I am so sorry xxxxxx

So sorry, Katie, my heart goes out to you :hugs::hugs: We are all here for you if you need to talk.

oh katie I am so sorry for your loss <3 hugs hugs hugs and my prayers are with you and your angel <3

dreaming-what a short cycle, I hope it was just an odd/fluke thing....

dh is going to drop off his 2 jars of sperm hahaahahaa for analysis Friday, will be confirmed by tomorrow once I get a chance to call after work-

Katie :hugs: so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Dreaminghopin - I had a random 26 day cycle last year then they started to get into abit of a pattern so hopefully the same will happen for you

Katie I'm so sorry hun :( Sending you big :hug:

Welcome Roslyn, hope you get your BFP hun. Spotting 1 day before AF is the norm though. I hope future cycles are ok & either you are preggo or its a one off. I used to get a bit of cramping in the 2ww with my spotting but not for a few months now.

Dreaminghopin that's a short cycle! :growlmad: ovulation on cd9 is crazy!

Almosthere I'm sure your spotting isn't causing your lack of BFP, especially since it happens after BD, its obviously not hormonal :thumbup:

x

:hugs: katie, sending you so many warm thoughts. Know you can get pregnant - a large, important thing, and we will all be here to celebrate when you get your sticky bean :hugs:

Katie I'm so sorry hun :( Sending you big :hug:

Welcome Roslyn, hope you get your BFP hun. Spotting 1 day before AF is the norm though. I hope future cycles are ok & either you are preggo or its a one off. I used to get a bit of cramping in the 2ww with my spotting but not for a few months now.

Dreaminghopin that's a short cycle! :growlmad: ovulation on cd9 is crazy!

Almosthere I'm sure your spotting isn't causing your lack of BFP, especially since it happens after BD, its obviously not hormonal :thumbup:

x

can't it be a hormonal thing since it only happens after o/in my tww? I just don't understand as this has never happened before starting bcps and on them...so it is new and I just keep blaming my heavy spotting after sex as the reason I am not preg...like a progesterone prob...or maybe it is just that my cervix is more sensitive at this stage in my cycle and as a doctor told me...haha---more juicy!! lol....more blood flow. Either way, trying not to get down, but Sept. is not so far away, and my one year mark of ttc...I broke down about being so close to this mark just yesterday....and to make it even harder, my husbands cousin in due in Sept....and his nephew who I love to death of course turns 1...just am dying to be a mommy and the thought that it may not be possible to give birth to my own child is devastating

sorry for the depressing rant-ughh haha

on a bright note...af not due until this sat/sun/or mon so keeping my fx it is a no show!

almostthere, you're not at 1 year yet...it was just before that that I got my bfp so don't give up hope! It's hard to see others around you when pregnant; I was so guilty to be upset when I heard one of my best friends was pregnant - right around the same time ttc that you are now... big :hugs:

Katie--so sorry for ur loss..a big :hugs:..

almostthere -- praying hard fr u to remain wit a no show frm af..:winkwink:

afm..AF hit full force wit bad bad cramping..I'm soooo angry towards her and
everything else...:growlmad:
Not planning to lose my hope..wil wage a war and try everything possible
frm my end and make July as our lucky mnth..:haha:

I wouldn't have thought it was hormonal because of the BD, I'm no doc though! But if its happening in the 2ww only I guess hormones must play some role. The 1 year mark is hard hun :hugs: but its just a hill you need to climb over. I'll be devastated if I reach 2years at the beginning of Sept.

Roslyn sorry AF got you :hugs:

x

Almostthere hope your feeling a bit better today. Don&#8217;t apologist that&#8217;s what we are here for.

Roslyn sorry that AF showed up hun.

Katiettc thinking of you xx

Right ladies got my progesterone levels checked again and need some advice. I am in the UK and it was 9.9. I know that over 30 indicate ovulation. I have a GP appointment on Friday but was wondering if the levels are low because of my short cycle this month. Therefore although the test was done on day 21, my period came two days letter. If I did ovulate then it was likely that this happened about day 8 / 9 and would prob have been 12 dpo at the time.

katie- so sorry abt the mc hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:
on the positive note, u got a bfp.. so, u can get preg again real soon !
sending positive thoughts & prayers !
takecare !

dreaminhopin- did u change any vits,meds this cycle ? u shud be getting ur pro levels chekd 7dpo or 7-10 days b4r af ! i think u shud ask for retest..did ur temp fall below cv the day of ur test ? i think u o'd but ur level fell durin lp..which could b the reason for the spotting..correct me if i'm wrong, u were spotting wen u got tested,right ? in a way its gud ( i think) b/coz now u know the reson for spotting ! i always wanted to get that test wen i was spotting but coudn't ! i strongly recommend u ask for retest !

almost- sorry abt u feelin low :hugs: but 3 more months till sep so fx ! my doc told me the same abt sensitive cervix as i too sometimes spot after dtd in lp..are u planning on more investigations towards cervical erosion?
in my case too, can't blame the bcp's enough :shrug:

roslyn-welcome & sorry abt af..:hugs: luv ur attitude:thumbup:

talkin abt cervical erosion, did anyone hear from happyshopper ??

Thank you all, girls, for your support. You are the best :flower: It's been an emotional roller coaster, but I'm slowly getting back to normal. I didn't think the loss would be that hard to deal with, even coming back to this site brings some pain.

Almosthere, happy belated birthday! I wouldn't count yourself out just yet only because you spotted. So many of us did, and yet got our bfps. Fingers crossed!

Dreaminghopin, sorry about the short cycle. I hope your July app with OBGyn will give you some answers. Crossing my fingers for you!

Roslyn, welcome to the thread and good luck!

Keeping everyone else in my thoughts, and thank you again for your messages, they are very comforting.

thanks so much ladies you are amazing!

however...noticed brown spotting on panties at work today in bathroom of course, then got home, peed, wiped, and red blood =( Af should be here full flow early...and any day now-only cd 26 today...

thanks expattc, dreaminghoping, & mrspttc...mrspttc...hope you do not hit that mark!!! FX <3

roslyn, sorry to hear af got you-think I am soon to be in the same boat no later than 3 day from now...

katie we are always here for you!

and no, I have not done further investigation about possible cervical erosion...my obgyn did not do much but says I do not have it....she cancelled out that idea at 6 months into ttc...on a bright note, just scheduled for DH's sperm analysis for friday...so results will come in next week I would assume!!

almosthere - HUge :hugs: hun......sending loads of positive vibes and baby dust your way..
lucky July wil bring us d bfp's and put us all on :cloud9:...:winkwink:

afm...after reviewing 7dpo/10 dpo progestrone levels,my obgyn decided to put me on clomid 25 mg frm cycle days 3-7..:thumbup: DH's sperm analysis
got a big green signal too..big relief..:haha:

so now moving to do some reserach on clomid in BnB..:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"