Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi!! Lupron is for downregging (down regulation, I think). I started that yesterday. Stimming (short for stimulation) are shots, I will be doing Menopur. That will start on day 3 of my next cycle. I will overlap the two for a few days at the beginning of next cycle, but the Lupron dosage will be halved.

What cd are you on now??

yay tlm! And oh my goodness I am not used to all this ivf lingo yet. Is stimming shots? I am starting lupron shots monday....I get my meds tomorrow....so maybe I can fill you in tomorrow....what are you stimming with? Have you started yet?

Hope - I think this might be a short cycle - Im feeling dreadful as if AF is due but my shortest cycle was 26 days

Okay, so I am currently on cd 13 today and have already taken 9 bcps...and wow we are so close in cycles!!! I start lupron monday then I stim with....I think either Pregnyl and if I cannot get that from my mail pharmacy, then I will be using Novarel...does this sound right?? I feel like I know how IVF works but not including each medication for the dif. steps along the way-I am very motivted to do some more reading and research! =)

Hope - I felt like crap from 5.5 weeks until about 13 weeks, so I was actually comforted by that and thats how i dealt with not worrying constantly, although in the back of my mind i was always a little worried. but i figured as long as i felt so bad, that meant everything was progressing. Seeing the heartbeat was very reassuring, and i saw that a little after 6 weeks, then had another appt around 10 weeks to see it. No matter what, I think its in our nature to worry, so a little worry is ok, just don't stress too much :)

Oh and I woke up to pee this am, of course, lol...and some very dark pink dripped out with my urine as if AF was about to show her ugly face!!! But obviously I am only on cd13...on bcps, and had a SIS monday and a HCG yesterday...I spotted a tad on a pad from the HCG I beleive, so perhaps this is just the rest of the HCG spotting...

Chloe--Thanks for the congrats and welcome back from your trip! I think the Hcg levels are ok, but it is just so hard to rest int his very vulnerable trimester. How did you deal with your anxiety and fear throughout it?

Almostthere--AMAZING NEWS! I am sooo excited for you!!! I also cannot believe your HSG was more painful than the SIS. My SIS was a million times more painful and also went on for longer. (Probably 2 minutes verse 20 seconds). It's all worth it though to get cleared for IVF!!! I bet the reason they tell you not to have sex on the bcp is because you haven't been on it for approximately a month yet, so there is a possiblity it wouldn't protect you form getting preggo and then they wouldnt want to continue with treatment if you were preggo. Did you google the question?

Jellycat: Is it possible you are having an annovulatory cycle? I had one of those in February and got AF before I even had a chance to ovulate. On the one hand, it was annoying but on the other it was nice to have a month off from tww.

I did try to google but did not find much...and I can't imagine it would be to prevent pregnancy, as that is what I am trying to get...pregnant!! Haha so I am still unsure but am going to brush that little mistake off my shoulders and continue my journey!

Yay Almosthere!!! I have heard of some women spotting on bcp. And with all you have had done the last few weeks it would seem that spotting would be normal. Have you checked with you dr? Did you bd??

I did not bd last night or today as I was in too much pain...sooo pukey feeling...with hot flashes and chills-I really think that symptom is due to the new bcps....

And I agree the spotting is prob due to a mix of bcps, SIS and HCG...Thank gosh my body gets a break until Monday!!

Thanks Chloe! Welcome back hun. Hope you had a great holiday :)

Almosthere sorry the HSG was painful hun, it's definitely the luck of the draw as I had barely any pain! So pleased the IVF is on track!

Where are all the other old thread girls? :shrug: Nell, MrsHY, Soili, Happyshopper?! Miss you guys, would love updates!

I'm an olive today! :happydance: And this nausea has turned into a bitch! :grr: Though I think I'm getting it easy :haha: x

sorry you feel so nauseated mrspttc!!

my box arrived yesterday with all my meds-sooo confused as a chart that was sent with it says to refridgerate some of the meds, but then some that did not need cooling were in a mini cooler in the box...odd!!

anywho....were any of you ladies on any meds for HSG? I am just wondering why mine hurt so much? Perhaps because my cervix was hard to find, is sar far back ,and is retroverted??? hmmmm...I was only on 800 or 900 of IBProfin...

also...still spotting...mostly brown so wearing a pad, but when I wipe, it is sometimes pink....I am sure it is just from the HCG...starting lupron Monday and getting VERY nervous....

Is this thread still for the spotters? If so, I'm in the same boat. This is only our third month TTC, but I'm worried--I spot for up to a week. This month I started using a B100 complex, hoping it would help, but I just got my first spotting. I had been feeling very optimistic about this month too. Lots of symptoms I'd never had before, and even FF started to think maybe I was preggo. :cry:

I tried the progesterone cream last month, and still spotted.

Any tips? Not sure my doc will help if I haven't been TTC for 6 months, but I'll be calling soon.

Hi there! :wave: Yes it's still for spotters, just a lot of baby & IVF talk at the minute :haha: I think you are right, your Dr will probably just say it's too early. My FS wouldn't look into my spotting even after 18 months but I still got my BFP. From what DPO are you spotting? If I were you I would stop the vits, I'm positive it made my spotting worse! Are you taking any other vits? When did you come off BCP? x

welcome pbl!!!!!

well still spotting from the HSG....so annoying it is like having AF having to wear panty liners every day!!!!

Do you mean the HSG hun? I hope your spotting goes soon. I'm not sure why yours hurt so much, but could be because of your uterus, also maybe the polyp? The girls who did mine said some people say it kills them, others painless, seems like the luck of the draw?! x

lol can you tell I just woke up and am thinking PREGNANCY instead of infertility tests??? =) yes, HSG...and I am not in any pain now-and there was no polyp....I think perhaps because I am so tiny...I did feel like I felt a pop once they finally got the camera into my uterus so maybe it was just a tight fit!!!!

Hi there! :wave: Yes it's still for spotters, just a lot of baby & IVF talk at the minute :haha: I think you are right, your Dr will probably just say it's too early. My FS wouldn't look into my spotting even after 18 months but I still got my BFP. From what DPO are you spotting? If I were you I would stop the vits, I'm positive it made my spotting worse! Are you taking any other vits? When did you come off BCP? x

Thanks for responding. I haven't been on BCP in about a decade. The last time I was on them they affectionately became known as bitch pills to all my friends. I've used condoms ever since (and two episodes of Plan B when those broke).

This is only my fourth month charting, but the spotting began days 8 and 9 dpo the last three. Last night I saw trace amounts of pink, which is usually how my spotting begins, but nothing since. Usually the brown starts right away and continues intermittently until AF. My LP is 12-15 days.

I'm also taking prenatals, extra iron because I'm borderline anemic (my mom and I both struggle with this no matter what we do), and extra D because I was pretty deficient (thought that might clear up the spotting once my levels were back in the normal range, but it didn't). You're the first person I've heard say that B100 makes spotting worse! Everyone else seems to think it makes it better.

The spotting for me is the only indication anything is wrong. All else looks good. :thumbup: Of course, haven't had the full work up yet, so who knows if there are blocked tubes or whatever else.

I was reading back through this thread after I posted last night--you've been here a long time, MrsP! I'm so happy for you and your BFP!!! Did you end up using progesterone or anything? (Is that what typically happens with spotting?) Congratulations!!!!
:wohoo:

Pb, I too used to spot or up to a week before AF started and my doctor didn't think there was any issues. After almost two year of this happening though and having my progesterone levels tested around 7dpo, the spotting still happened a couple of days after I had it tested. The last two cycles I did iui's and I insisted on progesterone suppositories and those are the only two cycles I never spotted! So... Now I didn't get pregnant, but I do believe we found the reason for my spotting. I have heard that the cream you get isn't as potent and doesn't do a whole lot or spotting. And also, the pills I took can be taken orally or vaginally. I decided to do them vaginally because olathe side effects were minimal compared to orally and come to find out if you take them vaginally it works better for spotting!

It's frustrating but you have to be your own advocate! If you think there is a problem you need to be presistant! I would first suggest to your doctor that you would like to have your progesterone tested 7dpo and see what that number is and go from there. If its low then your doctor should suggest something! Good luck!! :)

Oh no pbl, I didn't mean just B100, I just mean, generally I found vits made it worse, I used vitex (now I think this was the poison!) B complex, Maca, and Pregnacare, and found when I dropped them all the spotting got marginally better, then for whatever reason the last 3 -4 months before my BFP it improved massively. I did start to relax and think that could've contributed. I've also heard other people suspect it was the vitamins, though they're supposed to help, so maybe I am an odd one?

Thanks for your congrats, yes I was the first person to reply on the thread, I've been here WAY too long! But got there in the end, like you all will. It's definitely worth asking your Dr, they might take you seriously, if not you'll just have to be patient (if that is possible in the TTC world! :wacko:) GL! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->