Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

yay, sb, congrats!!!!:happydance: H&H 9 months!

Gob, glad your bloods are good!

Yom, can't believe its been so long!! hope the morning sickness goes away soon. I hear 16 weeks is a common time for it to leave. Mine was gone around 14 weeks.

Baby dust to the rest of the thread :)

I thought everyone got pap smears every year, or is a smear/swab something different? I've gotten a pap smear every year pretty much since I got my period.

In uk you don't get them till your 25 and then I think every 3 years. I was due my first lat year but hasn't got round to it. The swabs are part of the fertility tests to check there are no infections so I'm getting smear done at the same time

How is everyone? Has the news sunk in yet sbmack? So did you have any spotting at all this cycle?

I'm still waiting to o. Won't be till next week

How is everyone? Has the news sunk in yet sbmack? So did you have any spotting at all this cycle?

Was wondering also about sbmack!
Just finish AF, so also now waiting to O. Finally decided to go to fertility clinic in Spain. Hong Kong is very expensive, and were hurring me into lap& dye, and spanish clinic (I wrote to them) says not to keen on op, as it removes too much of the ovary. So.......will see them end of this month.
How's everyone else????

It's just starting to sink in. I had a dentist appt. and acupuncture earlier this week and had to tell them both. It started to feel real then. No spotting so far... I don't really feel any different yet. Other than sore boobs, having to pee all the time and not sleeping well that is. I had my first dr. appt. this morning. They just went over what to expect, told me what I couldn't eat and took some blood. I have an US scheduled in three weeks.

Gobolino, that's great news about seeing the Spanish clinic! I am positive they will get you pregnant!

Cupcake, good luck this month. I think I relaxed a lot once I got all my fertility testing bloodwork back. It helped to know that everything was ok. FX for you!

Hi ladies!!! Hope you're all well!!

Sbmack that's great you've got an US lined up!! Great to hear no spotting too!!

Cupcake - I'm gearing up to O next week!!

Gobolino - I'm just finished AF too!!

Let's bring on a few more bfps!!

I've just received my accountancy exam results and at long last I've passed! No more exams for me! Bring on the baby now!!!!

sbmack, you have the exact same symptoms I had at the beginning. A little later on, I had nausea, but not bad at all. I also became SUPER HUNGRY, but that has gone away. I still don't feel much different actually, even though I've heard the heartbeat, seen the baby on an u/s, and I'm starting to see a bump. So exciting you have an u/s in 3 weeks! How far along will you be? Is it 8-9 weeks?

Haha, congratulations, jodspods! No wonder so many exclamation points in your post! That's great news :)

Congrats, Jodspods! Good luck this cycle.

I'll only be 7 weeks when I get the US. It's supposed to be 8, but I'll be on vacation and out of the country so they're doing it early.

So had my smear and swabs this morning. Swabs were fine but the smear made me bleed which the nurse said isn't uncommon. Bit of a pain tho as o is coming up and wanted to bd tonight!

Maybe I have a sensitive cervix and that's linked to the spotting?

When I had mine done for the fertility testing my doctor said I have a pliable cervix which can cause spotting. She said it's totally fine and nothing to worry about. Sounds like you may have the same thing. I've heard of so many ladies getting their BFP the month they start fertility testing. I hope this is it for you too!!!

Hopefully! Thought I'd feel good that I'd got that test done this morning but I feel a bit worried by the bleeding and that the nurse said cos of the bleeding it might have to redone.

Next up is blood test next week to confirm o.

My midwife also told me that my cervix was irritated, which caused bleeding during the pap smear. She also said it could be causing my spotting in general. At first I thought that couldn't be it, since I always spotted before my period and not any other time, which made me think it was a hormonal problem. But my midwife said that spotting in pregnancy is common because of increased blood flow to the cervix. Maybe there is increased blood flow at that time of the cycle as well?

My midwife assured me that if spotting is caused by the cervix, the blood comes from the cervix and not anywhere else. So it's not a cause for concern... it's just super annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->