Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Yay I got my peak! Was so nervous this morning, knew if I didn't get it I'd be in a bad mood all day!

Great news Cupcake! Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust this month! X

Hey Cupcake how are you? How are you finding the start of your TWW?

I'm 4dpo I think and had a lot of pain on my right side yesterday. Noticed a little spotting this am :-( might be nothing though so fingers crossed but I'm feeling pretty awful today. Can't quite put my finger on it but I don't feel right.

swabs were all clear! Yay! Although I think DH is getting more worried about his test, he hasn't booked it yet....think he was hoping either we get pregnant before he has to do it or they find something in my tests they can treat!

Hi fellow spotter here. Most months i get it 5/6 days before AF but some months it starts as early as 3dpo :( I've had it ever since I came off BCP 2 years ago. The only time I didn't get it was when I fell pregnant. Sadly that pregnancy ended in a mc and I have been ttc ever since. Getting seriously fed up of it now. I'm on cd10 so should be OV in the next few days. Anyone else around the same point in their cycle as me? I've been given progesterone to take but I took it for the first time last month and it didn't work! :'(

Glad to hear your swabs were ok cupcake.
Jodspods, perhaps your symptoms are a good sign and you get your BFP this month. GL to you. I see you had an HSG already. What's it like? I'm having one in April and feeling nervous!

Bun - I had to take the prometrium vaginally in order for my spotting to stop. Are you taking it orally?

Hi Bun,

Sounds like a slightly similar story to me! Came off BCP nearly 2 years ago and I was spotting about 4/5 days before AF. I conceived at the time of my first Acu appointment and was told to phone to book HSG when I got my next period. I got what I thought was my period (hindsights a wonderful thing) and it showed blocked left tube and something in uterus. Just before my lap & dye which I got a cancellation 2 weeks later for I didn't feel right and sure enough was pregnant. I had had implantation bleeding. I went on to miscarry a week or so later and had a d&c. I have been TTC since too.

The HSG wasn't too bad. I'd recommend taking some pain relief beforehand though. I don't know if the fact I was pregnant meant I had more bleeding or not but expect some spotting.

I am really beginning to think after hearing many stories that BCP has a huge baring on our fertility. It's scary!

Hope you don't need to have your HSG in April!

Hi Daydream

Congratulations on your new baby.
No I've been given Cyclogest in suppository form :shy:
The spotting started extra early this month. I decided to wait till 3 days after the positive OV test because I was worried if I took it too early it might stop an egg being released. Unfortunately the darn spotting beat me to it this month and started before I took the first one. What day of your cycle did you take yours?

Hi Bun,

Sounds like a slightly similar story to me! Came off BCP nearly 2 years ago and I was spotting about 4/5 days before AF. I conceived at the time of my first Acu appointment and was told to phone to book HSG when I got my next period. I got what I thought was my period (hindsights a wonderful thing) and it showed blocked left tube and something in uterus. Just before my lap & dye which I got a cancellation 2 weeks later for I didn't feel right and sure enough was pregnant. I had had implantation bleeding. I went on to miscarry a week or so later and had a d&c. I have been TTC since too.

The HSG wasn't too bad. I'd recommend taking some pain relief beforehand though. I don't know if the fact I was pregnant meant I had more bleeding or not but expect some spotting.

I am really beginning to think after hearing many stories that BCP has a huge baring on our fertility. It's scary!

Hope you don't need to have your HSG in April!

Sorry to hear you had to go through that JodIt's awful isn't it. Yes I will definitely be taking the maximum dose of pain killers allowed before! Here's hoping it won't be long before we get our BFPs again x

Hi again Buninmyoven you'll be glad to hear my hsg was fine! Not that painful :thumbup:

jodspods totally with you there, I am NEVER taking the pill again. Think I'll get an IUD fitted...

x

Welcome bun!

I agree bcp may have messed me up. I don't think when I do have a baby I will go back on it until we are don't having kids.

Me too cupcake.

even if the pill doesn't cause spotting, it may be masking a problem until you come off it. In my case although I became aware of the spotting when I came off the pill I remember having the bleeding/ spotting when I was still on it too. I had trouble getting smears done because I was always bleeding and kept having to go back to get them redone and I remember being on holiday and feeling annoyed when I got the bleeding because it made it difficult if I wanted to go swimming etc. I can't really remember that much before coming off it though because back then it was just a minor irritation.

I started mine a day or two after my IUIs bc ovulation was confirmed.

I also will not be going on BC. We are just going to use condoms until we get to a place that we would be not not TTC.

Oh yeah that's called NTNP, it's been a while since I've been in the TTC forums

I didn't have any problems bleeding on the pill and the spotting didn't start until I'd been off it 6 months but we weren't ttc most of those 6 months

I got my smear results back as normal today so they don't have to be repeated because of the bleeding! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->