Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Welcome, flower! I was off BC for a little over a year before I got pregnant (not to scare you - we weren't trying to get pregnant that whole time). I had spotting for usually 7-10 days before every period during that time, including the one when I was pregnant, so my cycle never figured itself out. I don't think many women on this thread ever figured out what caused their spotting, but many did eventually get pregnant.

As a group, we've tried a lot of things to improve spotting, and different things improved it for different people, but I'm not sure there was anything that made spotting go away entirely. Personally, increasing my intake of vitamin B helped a little. I didn't actually do it on purpose - the regular multivitamin I was taking while TTC happened to have a lot of vitamin B and I noticed it helped with spotting. But it didn't go away entirely.

Some women will get pregnant easily despite spotting and some have had trouble getting pregnant. Whether that's because of the mysterious spotting or not, we don't know. Doctors say it doesn't affect your fertility, but it's hard to believe that when you're not getting pregnant and spotting for a long time before your period certainly doesn't seem normal.

Well I had my doctors appointment this morning. She was really nice, very reassuring. She said about 80% of people get pregnant in the 1st yr and of the rest nearly all will get pregnant naturally within year 2. Especially as I'm in my 20's. and I didn't even tell her that I mistimed my o date for half the time we were trying!

Anyway she is going to refer us as it has to be done within a few months of the tests but she isn't going to rush to do it at my request.

I'm feeling better about things emotionally. DH says he can't believe the difference in me in the last few months. I think all the initial tests being ok has reassured me and i feel hopeful it will happen soon!

Currently 7dpo and not much to report.

I pray that all goes well for you and you get the answers you need.....

Welcome Flower31!!!! I don't take anything special....I'd rather not, I'm like Cupcake in that way.

Cupcake! Such good news! Nice that you're calmer, and hubby's noticed. Even better for a soon to be BFP!!

The doctor said the classic 'you just need not to worry!' and 'it will happen when you least expect it!' but she did also say she knows it isn't that easy! Lol.

I feel like it isn't taking over my every thought at the moment (except perhaps a little in the tww!) which is good.

I'm just a bit bored of it all now! I'm bored of ttc and always thinking where I am in my cycle and having to bd on certain days. Will be strange when we do suceed not to think about this stuff any more!

Hi ladies, just dropping by to say my birth story& pics of Penny are in the other thread finally for those that want a peek! https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-spotters-ttc-thread-bfp-success-last-41.html

Welcome flower. I tried maca but it made no difference and I stopped it when I started clomid. But I've heard good things! Plus its natural, not a vitamin so it should be safe!

x

Thank you. Do you think I should be worried, I had a child when I was 16, she is now 14. It was a horrible labor. 4 months we have been trying and I worry that I won't get pregnant.

Welcome, Flower. Vitamin B helped me with the spotting. It didn't stop it, but reduced it and pushed it back a few days. I was taking a B supplement and a pre-natal. I also took Fertile CM for a couple months before I got my BFP.

I'm glad you're relaxing more Cupcake.

Hi ladies,

Trying to catch up on a week of posts after my holiday!

Flower - welcome! I didn't try anything to stop spotting really but ill explain more below!

Gobolino - sorry af got you! :hugs:

Everyone else I'm still catching up!

I did 3 tests on holiday leaving my frer til 24 April and 2 lines appeared immediately!

I've been feeling very tired and sick sometimes! Tenderness in bbs comes and goes! Although I'm only 4 +4. Will phone Acu tomorrow to arrange scan.

So I did the round of clomid and tbh I had no spotting like before! I had a little brown discharge which went golden and now is clear/creamy. When I saw my dr in January he suggested my O wasn't strong enough and that clomid would support this better and hopefully stop my spotting and I guess he was right! I know clomid might not be right for everyone but it might help some of you in the same way it's helped me!

Now I'm off to catch up the rest of the thread then do all my holiday washing :-(

Glad things are going well jodspods.

My spotting started today at 9dpo which is a day later than recent months but it started quite heavy and a bit red already

Glad things are going well jodspods.

My spotting started today at 9dpo which is a day later than recent months but it started quite heavy and a bit red already

Hope you get your referral soon cupcake! Sorry to hear the spotting has started and hopefully you get answers soon!

Sorry about spotting Cupcake...

Jods! You're back! Congrats again!!!

Sorry for being underground for so long. Been buried in work up to my eyebrow! Hope you gals are doing well. :hugs2:

AFM, I'm not sure if I should be happy or worry

Got my BFP yesterday! Tested this morning and the line is still pretty dark but my spotting has started to get heavier compared to the previous days. It started on dpo9 and was very light. I thought my spotting had gotten better after dosing myself with all the Lecithin and Q10 until my basal temp rose instead of dropped at dpo13. Tested and I couldn't believe my eyes! Now I'm worried if its only chemical because I read that almost 70% of 1st pregnancy ends up as chemical. :? Went for a blood test this morning. Will wait for the results and see what happens. Should I cancel my appointment with the Fertility Centre on 7th May or just postpone it in case it's a clinical pregnancy?

Sorry for being underground for so long. Been buried in work up to my eyebrow! Hope you gals are doing well. :hugs2:

AFM, I'm not sure if I should be happy or worry

Got my BFP yesterday! Tested this morning and the line is still pretty dark but my spotting has started to get heavier compared to the previous days. It started on dpo9 and was very light. I thought my spotting had gotten better after dosing myself with all the Lecithin and Q10 until my basal temp rose instead of dropped at dpo13. Tested and I couldn't believe my eyes! Now I'm worried if its only chemical because I read that almost 70% of 1st pregnancy ends up as chemical. :? Went for a blood test this morning. Will wait for the results and see what happens. Should I cancel my appointment with the Fertility Centre on 7th May or just postpone it in case it's a clinical pregnancy?

Fingers crossed for you!!!!!! Ohhhh "Congrats" (in a whisper....) :hugs:

I'm not sure about chemical, haven't read up on it. I would keep my appointment, there's still time to cancel, and they take ages to give you another. BUT you won't need it!!!!!! :happydance: At least wait until the results!!! When do you get them?? FX!!!!!

Fingers crossed for you!!!!!! Ohhhh "Congrats" (in a whisper....) :hugs:

I'm not sure about chemical, haven't read up on it. I would keep my appointment, there's still time to cancel, and they take ages to give you another. BUT you won't need it!!!!!! :happydance: At least wait until the results!!! When do you get them?? FX!!!!!

Thanks Gobolino! :hugs:
I'm not sure when i'll get the test back. The tech who took my blood said I just have to keep calling to check since I didn't have any appointments set up. I will check this afternoon. I think the "reduced stress" does help. It took the edge off after I made the appointment with the fertility centre.

Greenleaf I'm keeping everything crossed for you!!! Will check in later to see if you have your blood results back!!

Fingers crossed for you greenleaf!

I'm a it confused. Didn't use my monitor this month but whenever I've used it I got peaks on cd19 and cd20 or cd20 and cd21. So started spotting yesterday at what I thought was 9dpo and was expecting af on wed at 12dpo but af has started today. I'm guessing I just ovulated early or something. But on the plus side I only had 1 day of spotting!

Results out but I can't print for some unknown reason. Only got the reading: 551.3 miU/mL. Any idea what it means?

Results out but I can't print for some unknown reason. Only got the reading: 551.3 miU/mL. Any idea what it means?

It means you're pregnant, congrats!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HshTMYttcWs/SeDTb5iGHYI/AAAAAAAACLM/H6LFntwSUyY/s400/hCG%20levels.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->