Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Momof2, I bookmarked these pages about increasing progesterone using supplements: https://sites.google.com/site/misca...sterone-research/how-to-increase-progesterone
https://ndnr.com/web-articles/womens-health/supporting-the-luteal-phase-with-integrative-medicine/ (see the Treatments para.)

I was taking a B-complex, EPO, Vit C, and also trying to modify my diet to include more omega 3 and protein, and less carbs. Not sure if that's what did it or not as only got an extra couple of days before spotting started as usual on the month I got pregnant.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely check it out and see if it helps at all.

That last message was for gobo.

I am sorry cupcake, my thoughts and prayers are with you. ,

Gobs: Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Hope you can get it sorted out soon so that you can have time to recover. Will keep you in my prayers. :hugs:

AFM, no miscarriage yet. Only spotting. It's painful having to wait for my baby to slowly die. The worse is my mom is saying that the doctors are wrong. I hate to get my hopes up and have it crashing down again when I had to schedule for D&C. I wish I could close up this chapter be it good or bad news so that I can move on... The waiting is killing me... :-(

Good luck with the appt. tomorrow, Gobs. Stay strong. You're in good hands.

Greenleaf, so sorry you have to keep waiting and waiting. You've done enough of that. I hope you can get some closure soon. Hugs!

Hugs Cupcake, have fun on your adventures this month!

Flower, hope there's a good explanation for you results.

Greenleaf- The waiting was the worst part for me. I had a D&C and I also miscarried naturally. Waiting and watching the natural was brutal. The D&C was much easier for me to handle mentally.

Gobo- *Hugs* It's ok to be scared!

This is what I got diagnosed with, I'm freaking out cause I don't know what it means and my doctor had her nurse call me to let me know. When I asked questions she didn't know, told me to make an appt. I made one but it isn't till June 25th. Does anyone know what this is and how bad it is? Should I see another doctor?

papanicolaou smear of vagina with high grade squamous intraepithelial(hsil)

Flower - sorry you are having problems. Hope you can get an appointment soon!

Gobolino - good luck at your appointment. Hopefully they can get it sorted quickly for you

Greenleaf - I can't imagine how horrible the waiting is. Is there a point where if it hasn't happened you have to go back to the doctors?

Afm - I'm on cd11 (only know me cd because its the same as the day of the month!) still feeling pretty chilled. Getting to spend a lot of time with our 6 month old niece which is nice. I'm annoyed with the hospital. I was sent an appointment in July but it was on a Friday which is hard for me to get off work, to reschedule I had to go to this website and request a change and they would contact me to arrange a new appointment but instead they just sent me a new appointment for a Friday in August. Going to have to just go for it as it said you can only change it once

Gobs: Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Hope you can get it sorted out soon so that you can have time to recover. Will keep you in my prayers. :hugs:

AFM, no miscarriage yet. Only spotting. It's painful having to wait for my baby to slowly die. The worse is my mom is saying that the doctors are wrong. I hate to get my hopes up and have it crashing down again when I had to schedule for D&C. I wish I could close up this chapter be it good or bad news so that I can move on... The waiting is killing me... :-(

Thanks Greenleaf...
So sorry to hear what you're going through. My best friend went through the same thing a few months ago....and I could see how hard it is. :hugs:

This is what I got diagnosed with, I'm freaking out cause I don't know what it means and my doctor had her nurse call me to let me know. When I asked questions she didn't know, told me to make an appt. I made one but it isn't till June 25th. Does anyone know what this is and how bad it is? Should I see another doctor?

papanicolaou smear of vagina with high grade squamous intraepithelial(hsil)

Flower, pm if you want....I left my email on a bit further back. If you're happy with your dr no need to change, but the sooner they see you the better. It's the same as what I've got....but hpv has many variations (I have the worst, 16).
Don't fret, but don't leave it, as it's high grade. As far as I know, many women have it or have had it. A friend says that because it's only women that suffer the consecuences that they don't do more about it!!!! I had it nearly two years ago, went through a conization ( again, I had the worst kind....so it may not be like this for you..) and normally, for 70-90% of women, it doesn't come back and that's it. You have frequent check ups from then on and that's all. I'm among the percentage that (lucky me) it has come back. :cry: That's why I'm so worried, as to why my body isn't fighting it, and I'm terrified of them cutting out more of my cervix. AGAIN I'm just talking me.....this won't be you, don't worry!!!!!! :thumbup:

Greenleaf - I can't imagine how horrible the waiting is. Is there a point where if it hasn't happened you have to go back to the doctors?

My follow-up appointment is next Tuesday. Then they would schedule for D&C if it hasn't happened naturally yet but they are reluctant to do so as they said it may have complications such as infection and bleeding. It freaks me out as I don't know what to expect and what the procedure would be like.

If it's just a regular D&C, it's not bad. They basically just scrape your uterus out. I had no infections, no ill effects and felt fine. I did have some bleeding and some cramping but nothing major. I had one done because I never miscarried on my own. I just had spotting and the baby never progressed past a certain number of weeks. I went 5 weeks without knowing. :( The D&C was helpful for me because it was more final- having a natural miscarriage did a number on me because I 'saw' it all happening. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

If it's just a regular D&C, it's not bad. They basically just scrape your uterus out. I had no infections, no ill effects and felt fine. I did have some bleeding and some cramping but nothing major. I had one done because I never miscarried on my own. I just had spotting and the baby never progressed past a certain number of weeks. I went 5 weeks without knowing. :( The D&C was helpful for me because it was more final- having a natural miscarriage did a number on me because I 'saw' it all happening. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did they put you on general anesthesia? How long did the procedure take and did you have to take off from work? And how long after the procedure can I start TTC again?

And the waiting game continuous......

Had the appointment yesterday with DR. He didn't seem worried, but he wouldn't let me talk about ttc or ivf, just said my health comes first. I'm more concerned of the ttc.....
So he took another pap smear and a biopsy of the changed cells. So now sit and wait until next Friday. :-(
I've suddenly realized...no spotting...though after the biopsy I'm now spotting but that's normal. Could be the agnus casta.:shrug: though this DR seems to think it's the polyp that makes me spot...but, again, not interested in talking about that. :growlmad:

Greenleaf....thinking of you.....

Sorry about all the waiting gobolino, must be rubbish! I'm sure as soon as its sorted you will be able to get on with ttc! What cd are you on? When do you normally start spotting?

Sorry about all the waiting gobolino, must be rubbish! I'm sure as soon as its sorted you will be able to get on with ttc! What cd are you on? When do you normally start spotting?

I'm on CD25 I think, or 26. I normally start spotting between 5 and lately, 8 days before AF. I'm amazed this month!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did they put you on general anesthesia? How long did the procedure take and did you have to take off from work? And how long after the procedure can I start TTC again?

I did have general anesthesia. I think it took less than an hour in the OR. More time was spent getting me positioned, hooked up, etc and in recovery. I went to a wedding the very next day. I felt pretty yucky emotionally and had some cramping but I suffered through. If you can have it done on a Friday so you have the weekend or maybe take a day off that will probably be helpful. The anesthesia alone can make you pretty sleepy. They say not to be alone for 24 hours after and no driving bc of it. I did not TTC after the D&C so I'm not sure when you can begin. I did have a miscarriage (natural) in January 2007, and I conceived again in March 2007 so it didn't take long. I assume a D&C would be the same.

I saw the NP at my doctors office. They put me on some vitamins. 6000 mcg of folic acid, 4000 vit C, vit D, and beta carotene 50000 iu, plus a multi vitamin with all the B's. She said studies were done and abnormal cells change with all these vitamins. They told me that it takes 3 months. I pray it works. They also said that they aren't worried and that I should go home and try to get pregnant. Lol, that doesn't seem right, I want to make sure everything is ok first.

Gobo, I really hope everything turns out ok.:hugs: try the Vits above.

Green leaf :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->