Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I saw the NP at my doctors office. They put me on some vitamins. 6000 mcg of folic acid, 4000 vit C, vit D, and beta carotene 50000 iu, plus a multi vitamin with all the B's. She said studies were done and abnormal cells change with all these vitamins. They told me that it takes 3 months. I pray it works. They also said that they aren't worried and that I should go home and try to get pregnant. Lol, that doesn't seem right, I want to make sure everything is ok first.

Gobo, I really hope everything turns out ok.:hugs: try the Vits above.

Green leaf :hugs:

Sounds good Flower! My Dr says not to take anything yet, so not to mask any trouble. See biopsy results first.
AF today. The weird thing is, if it hadn't been for the biopsy which made me bleed....I've had no spotting! Could it be the agnus casta??? Can't believe it!

Greenleaf honey....:hugs:

Sorry af came gobolino but fab about no spotting. Was this your first month on ac?

Gobo, how and when should I take agnus casta? Also what brand do you take and how much? I'm so tired of the spotting.

Gobo I hope everything works out ok for you and that is fantastic that you had no spotting. Cupcake sorry you didn't get a BFP in the end but it must be a good sign that your spotting has improved. Greenleaf, I'm so sorry about your mc. It seems so unfair for it to happen especially when ttc for a while. I too had a mc last year and I understand what you must be going through. Flower I hope you get positive results from the vitamins. Mommo2 is that your dog in your avatar very cute :)

AFM I had an HSG a few weeks ago. That was clear but I have been booked in for a hysteroscopy (camera in the womb) because they saw something on my HSG in my womb that they want to take a closer look at. They already know I have a fibroid though so perhaps it could be that. I get positive ovulation tests but I asked to try some Clomid because I'm now feeling more desperate than ever to get to the bottom of this, Dr agreed and has given me 50mg to take days 2-6. I never usually get ovulation pain but think i felt something this month so who knows. I was also on progesterone suppositories in my luteal phase and they have doubled my dose from 400mg to 800mg. I will let you all know if it works.

Just thought I would mention I have been pregnant once before (that ended in MC). However I thought I would mention that on the month I conceived that was the only time ever I have never spotted before AF. I knew instantly i was pg for that reason so i always take the spotting as meaning im not pregnant (yet again :( ).Also I remember I used to spot even when I was still on the pill.

My friend had her baby recently. She got pg first try. I can't help but feel jealous.

I just want to know what is causing the spotting. I spent hours this weekend looking online trying to figure out what's causing this. Does anyone do this?!

Hi Cupcake...hope you're still relaxed. This was my second month on ac.

Flower31, I bought it in Hong Kong, at a accupunturist. I take two tablets daily, first thing in the morning. It's called MEDI HERB, Chaste Tree. But says for practitioner dispensing only.
I can't say if I did or didn't spot this month because of the biopsy (which made me bleed a bit), but I usually start spotting 6,7,8 days before AF. So even if I did spot, it was only for 2-3 days before AF.

Buninmyoven....sorry about your mc. I know that jealous feeling with friends....gosh, I'm even starting to glare at some pregnant women! :haha:
And yes....I google everything....my husband hates it, as he thinks it scares me, but, right now, I need to get all the facts right with the conization and HPV.
Friday please come round quickly!

Greenleaf, thinking of you hun :hugs:

Hi to all the rest! Hope you are all doing well

Finally a full stop to the chapter. 11 week scan confirmed no fetal heartbeat. D&C scheduled on Thursday and doc will put me on medical leave for a week. I'll see you gals when I get back.

Buninmyoven: Sorry about your mc. Hope you get your miracle baby soon! I heard that it's easier to conceive after a HSG so work on those :sex:

Gobs: no spotting is good news. Hope everything works out for you. :hugs:

:hugs: for everyone else. Lets stay hopeful and pray for miracles.

Greenleaf - good luck with the D&C. At least as you say it's a full stop. And now you know you can get pregnant! They also say you are more fertile after a mc so fingers crossed you get another bfp soon

Gobolino - hope you upcoming appointment goes well!

Bun - I think I've actually run out of things to google about ttc! Last year I was doing it every day but I rarely do it now. While googling the spotting I learnt that it's more common than we think, it's very rare anyone knows what causes it, doctors aren't ever worried about it, plenty of women get pregnant with it and it varies whether people get the spotting the month of their bfp

Afm - I'm still feeling pretty relaxed. Just had a week off work so diet went out the window and I put on a couple of lbs but back on the diet this week. Total weight loss before week off was 1st 1lb. Got a horrible back ache at the moment which is making going to the gym difficult. On cd18 due to o anytime between now and cd22. Am just bding at least every other day.

Greenleaf, so sorry Hun :hugs: hope your d&c goes ok.

Ladies thinking of trying vitex/AC, just a word of warning that it seemed to make my spotting worse & gave me stabbing cramps...

x

Greenleaf, I'm so sorry your mc has been confirmed. I remember when I had to wait a week for a 2nd scan for it to be confirmed and it was horrible. You always have that little bit of hope that they might have been wrong. It is positive that you did get pregnant though. Get signed off for an extra week off if you need it. I didn't feel up to going back to work after the first week so I went to my gp and she gave me another week. My work were fine with this too. Its both emotional and physical trauma. It does get better over time though and in a weird sort of way I was grateful to know I could get pg. Sending you my best wishes.

Cupcake, wishing you lots and lots of luck for this month. Enjoy the bding! We've started to follow the SMEP. I swear when I get through this I want at least a years break from all that! This ttc lark has really changed the way I see DTD and not in a good way!

I'd like to echo what MrsP has said about Vitex, be very careful it is a really powerful herb. I tried it and it also made my spotting a lot worse. The first month I was on it I noticed no difference, spotting was the same as usual. But the second month it delayed my ovulation and made the spotting worse. Since that happened I did a bit of Googling and found some stories about it messing up some people's cycles. These were in the minority though, most had good experiences and some got their BFPs. My ovulation pattern went back to normal the month after I stopped taking it. Personally I wouldn't want to chance it.

One tip I can share though is pink grapefruit juice. I love to drink it regardless but I have started to drink it regularly and I swear its had a dramatic effect on my CF. I was quite dry before but (warning tmi) since I started drinking loads of this stuff I have started to get loads of EWCM lol! I decided only to drink leading up to OV though and not after.

P.s. does anyone know how to change your username on here? I want to shorten mine I think 'buninmyoven' sounds a bit creepy!

Greenleaf, I'm so sorry your mc has been confirmed. I remember when I had to wait a week for a 2nd scan for it to be confirmed and it was horrible. You always have that little bit of hope that they might have been wrong. It is positive that you did get pregnant though. Don't be scared to get signed off for an extra week off if you need it. I didn't feel up to going back to work after the first week so I went to my gp and she gave me another week. My work were fine with this too. Its both emotional and physical trauma. It does get better over time though and in a weird sort of way I was grateful to know I could get pg. Sending you my best wishes.

Cupcake, wishing you lots and lots of luck for this month. Enjoy the bding! We've started to follow the SMEP. I swear when I get through this I want at least a years break from all that! This ttc lark has really changed the way I see DTD and not in a good way!

I'd like to echo what MrsP has said about Vitex, be very careful it is a really powerful herb. I tried it and it also made my spotting a lot worse. The first month I was on it I noticed no difference, spotting was the same as usual. But the second month it delayed my ovulation and made the spotting even worse. I was scared because I thought I wasn't going to ovulate at all that month. Since that happened I did a bit of Googling and found some scared stories about it messing up some people's cycles. These were in the minority though, most had good experienced. Plus my ovulation pattern went back to normal the month after I stopped taking. Personally I wouldn't want to chance it.

One tip I can share though is pink grapefruit juice. I love to drink it regardless but I have started to drink it regularly and I swear its had a dramatic effect on my CF. I was quite dry before but (warning tmi) since I started drinking loads of this stuff I have started to get loads of EWCM lol! I decided only to drink leading up to OV though and not after.

P.s. does anyone know how to change your username on here? I want to shorten mine I think 'buninmyoven' sounds a bit creepy!

I will be careful with the ac. If it messes me up...it's binned!!! No idea how to change username....but no worries....I think of you as "bunny" lol

I don't think you can bun, I'm sure I saw a thread where someone asked the admin & they said no, but I might have dreamt it lol. It's interesting I wasn't the only one AC didn't agree with! I also drank grapefruit juice for EWCM though it wasn't pink :winkwink: x

Glad you have some definitive answers now Greenleaf. Sorry it was such sad news, but glad you KNOW for sure now. And wow, where you are from must be very generous with taking time off work. For a D&C, the typical rate for us is 3 days. I had mine on Friday so I didn't get any time off. This isn't the first time I've heard of other countries believing in mor time off though- here it's GO GO GO!

AFM- I am at 4dpo so I expect spotting to begin tomorrow or Saturday. I also had a yeast infection the past 3-4 days to battle. UGH- so sick of SOMETHING always going on in my pants! Spotting, AF or now a yeast infection!

Glad you have some definitive answers now Greenleaf. Sorry it was such sad news, but glad you KNOW for sure now. And wow, where you are from must be very generous with taking time off work. For a D&C, the typical rate for us is 3 days. I had mine on Friday so I didn't get any time off. This isn't the first time I've heard of other countries believing in mor time off though- here it's GO GO GO!

AFM- I am at 4dpo so I expect spotting to begin tomorrow or Saturday. I also had a yeast infection the past 3-4 days to battle. UGH- so sick of SOMETHING always going on in my pants! Spotting, AF or now a yeast infection!

Hope you spot less this month and get your BFP! But I had to chuckle when I read your post...."something always going on in my pants" hahahhaa You could'nt have expressed it better!!! Yep! I know the feeling!

My latest update:
So I went to the hospital yesterday to get the results of pap smear and biopsy, and both came back negative!!! How can that be??? I wasn't given much of an explanation, just told to repeat pap smear, colposcopy and biopsy in three months, oh, and no ttc during that time :growlmad: which I'm NOT going to take heed....I refuse to keep on waiting, when I still have the virus, and it can turn into carninoma at any time. TTC goes ahead! What's more....two Dr's have said to start as soon as posible with IVF, as they don't know how long I have until I have to have another op. So that's that.
The weird thing is, is that the biopsy did come back positive for chronic acute cervicitis (infection), but I was given no antibiotics, nothing. And I have read that if it spreads up to tubes/ovaries, it causes infertility! :saywhat:
So I have sent all the results to my dear old Dr....and will talk to him and get his opinion.
So I guess I will soon be joining the IVF group :argh:

Thanks for putting up with this long post!

Wow, that sounds really positive Gobs! You must be really relieved! Re the chronic acute cervicitis could you get your Dr to prescribe you with some antibiotics for that? Don't blame you about going ahead and ttc. Good luck with your IVF! X

I'm feeling a bit fed up this morning. I had a hysteroscopy scheduled in July. My consultnts secretary phoned me weeks ago to tell me when it would be. This was after several weeks and no letter. i phoned the hospital last Thursday as I still hadn't received an actual letter of confirmation and spoke to someone in the gynae out patients team and they said it hadn't been booked. I have a review appointment with the consultant 2 weeks after but what is the point of that if I haven't had the hysteroscopy. I have to have this because something showed up in my womb during an HSG. The person I need to speak to only works two days a week. Also the fertility clinic is moving and I haven't had a letter to confirm that appointment like they normally do and no one could tell me whether I had to go to the main hospital or to the new location. I am now worried that I may face a delay of months and I'm worried about what this 'thing' in my womb might be. Sorry for the rant. Not happy :(

I understand the aggravation of not knowing where you need to be and why things aren't being scheduled. Hoping it's something easy to take care of and nothing serious!

Excellent news gobolino :thumbup: & yes GL with the IVF!

Bun sorry you are having bother with the clinic :grr:

x

Yay Gobs! I wouldn't listen either to the no TTC.

AFM: I started spotting. AGAIN! Here's to hoping either July or August cycle is a BFP because if it's not, we have to wait til next April to start TTC again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->