Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

You will get there flower! We all will!

My hospital appointment was meant to be tomorrow but it has been cancelled cos of sickness. They phoned a couple of days ago. They are meant to be calling back soon to rearrange, I imagine it will be another month or 2 now

No Cupcake! Is that what they said??? They should rearrange for as soon as posible!:growlmad:

Oh no! They cancelled it or you had to? Hope you feel better soon if that was the case. They really should be able to get you in sooner than a couple of months from now!

Cupcake- I'd demand that they get you in earlier if it was their fault that it was cancelled. You waited to long for this!

They cancelled the whole clinic because of sickness. I can't believe they didn't just rearrange it when they phoned up to cancel!

Hey! How is everyone? It's gone really quiet on here I hope this thread continues, it's been a great support. Cupcake, have you been given a new appointment yet? Welcome 2moms, Flowers try not to give up hope, quite a few ladies did end up getting pregnant depite the spotting.

AFM I have been on clomid one month so far nd that plus a high dose of progesterone in my luteal phase greatly reduced my spotting. It went down to just 2 days before AF which is the best its been in a long time! The following month i didnt take any meds becuse i had to have a hysteroscopy. That was excruitiatingly painful and they didn't find any abnormalities. i actually cried when they told me because it meant i still have no answers as to whats causing this.
I had an appointment at the fertility clinic the week after where they confirmed that the hysteoscopy found no abnormalities in my womb and they suggested I carry on with the Clomid. That's when I seriously lost it. I'm 33 and nothing seems to be happening any time soon. I've been ttc three years. It wasn't my usual consultant, it was a registrar. It turned out to be a blessing because she was REALLY lovely and understanding.i told her I think I have endometriosis because I get strong cramping as well as the spotting. I said I wasn't coping with the disappointment every month and asked if I can be given a LAP so I would know once and for all if it is endo that's been causing this. To my suprise she agreed! But she also needs to get the agreement of the consultant so it's not a done deal yet. I will let you know what happens if I have the lap (whether they find any endo or not). I also had counselling and I really found it helped.

I hope everyone is doing ok. Lets not let this thread fizzle out, it's brilliant! X

Hi,

I agree that this thread is a great support. I had my first appointment at the hospital. They haven't come up with any explanation why I spot for 10-12 days before AF. My GP said I had a cervical polyp but the doc at the hospital couldn't find one. I'm waiting for an appointment for a scan.

Hi,

I agree that this thread is a great support. I had my first appointment at the hospital. They haven't come up with any explanation why I spot for 10-12 days before AF. My GP said I had a cervical polyp but the doc at the hospital couldn't find one. I'm waiting for an appointment for a scan.

I believe a polyp would make you spot throughout the whole month, not just a week before your cycle. That's what happen to me any way.
My doc is going to do a full blood work on me, hormones, sugar, thyroid, b12 etc this week. She feels something is off and causing me inflammation, hitch is preventing pregnancy. Keep your fingers crossed that it is an easy fix.

Nothing much to report on my end. 7 DPO and counting down. Waiting for spotting to start any day.

BTW, any of you taking prenatal vitamins? I got a sample of New Obimin from the clinic which I'm taking now. I heard that too much vitamin A will be dangerous for the fetus should one get pregnant. Will cause deformity. Wonder if it's safe to take it while TTC?

11DPO, and no spotting yet! This is the longest I've gone without it that I can remember. I started a B-complex vitamin this cycle to see if it'd do anything... wonder if it's working! That would be neat.

Also had my first appointment with an acupuncturist this evening. Anybody have any experience with that? She was really lovely; did some needling and moxibustion, which felt awesome. We're going to tweak my diet and keep up the treatments and see if they help.

<3

You are quite right Bun!!!! This thread is the best support I've had!:flower:
I'm glad you feel that you're getting somewhere, even if it's bit by bit. I got no answer for my spotting, I had a hystero whatever (can't remember name in english) and it was all clear.

Kim, I hope you get your appointment soon. I also have a polyp, possible cause for spotting.....but so small that they said wouldn't interfere with conception. (and it didn't)

Flower...good that your Doc is on to something

Greenleaf, FX for you soon!!! I was taking Materna. No idea about the vit A.

2mom2be...:happydance: yay for the no spotting/late spotting!!!! I only had one accupunture session, then I had the HPV problems and possible conization, so I left it. So really can't tell.

Cupcake, how are you???

FX for all you ladies!!:dust:

I'm good thanks. Feeling super chilled about ttc this month which is why I haven't been on here much! Set myself a project of properly sorting the garden out so spending lots of time on that. Also got a new role at work which means I'm busier and spend less time sitting in an office on my own!

Although I'd obv be thrilled to get my bfp at any point this month would be the worst timing as I have so much on in sept that I couldn't do if I were pregnant.

The hospital haven't been in touch to rearrange. I don't even know what number to phone or anything.... Will give them another week. Cd18 today and I think today is o day

Gobolino - how is your pregnancy going?

Bun - well done for being so insistent. I've always wondered if I might have endo as I get cramps and spotting. Glad your spotting was a bit better last month

Flower - good luck with the tests

Greenleaf - I tried pre natal vits but they messed up my cycles. I think I remember them saying that too much vit a is bad but most pre natals don't have much in

2moms - that's great the spotting is good this month!

Well, the spotting started yesterday, and today is blahhhh.

This might sound weird, but does anybody else have trouble distinguishing between where the spotting ends and where AF begins? Mine tends to get heavier as time goes on... I know that conventional wisdom says that bright red blood = AF. But sometimes I have a mix of brownish spotting and red, or red-brown spotting... and this time, it started with a little bit of bright red (yesterday, very unusual, and then today it's dark red-brown, and way heavier. :dohh: I just never know when to really call it CD1. My temp is still high today but dropping. :shrug:

Hi ladies! :wave: I know that I am jumping in on a very old thread, but I had never really considered this before, as I had my son (using known donor sperm) fairly easily, but looking back I had spotting with him as well. Everything seemed fine when we started TTC in March, got pregnant in April, but spotted from 3dpo and then it got heavy for two days (8 and 9dpo) and then slowed again and by 11dpo was nearly gone... I got my bfp after the heavy bleed and it continued to get darker that week so I was over the moon and considered the rest spotting from implantation/conceiving. The spotting came and went but it returned every day around the 12th of May and I lost the baby on the 17th. But again I thought, well these things happen... and had completely normal spotting free cycles (minus the abnormaly short 10 day LP that has been my norm for as long as I have been charting) until this month... spltting started August 8th (my bday, 5dpo) so I thought well maybe... but the spotting never let up like it had before so I went to the docs who checked to see if I was pregnant and that came back as negative. I talked to her about maybe having low progesterone, but she dismissed it and said I wouldn't ever get a period if it was too low... I may have to press her on that if it keeps happening... anyways... I am having troubles determining when AF started like you, 2moms, but I am going with my normal 10dpo so on 11dpo I marked it CD1 and that kinda makes sense with temp drops too. Sigh. Sorry for the unload but I am just so glad I found women experiencing the same things as me :)

Naaxi - welcome to the thread. Sorry for your loss and hope you'll get your BFP really soon! :hugs2:

2moms - Sorry the witch got you. Next month we will buy a ticket and send her far far away for 9 months!

Gobs - How are you holding up with your pregnancy my dear? :) Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! :hugs2:

Cupcake - BFP gets you when you're least expect it. :D

Flower - have you gotten your results yet? Hope everything is fine. Fx for you. :)

AFM, 12dpo still no spotting. It usually starts 6-8dpo. Really weird for me unless the mc messed up my hormones and cured spotting or messed up my cycle?? :-k Or the pre natal vits really did help? Unsolved Mystery...

My last cycle seemed better other than the b6 moving my O date back by 1-2 days which gave me a short LP. Spotting was next to nothing though.

2moms- sometimes I have trouble deciding. I usually go with AF as the first day of an actual flow and not when on the TP.

How do people do this for years? :(

Welcome naaxi

Greenleaf - great your spotting is staying away. Don't know much about these things but your chart looks nice!

7dpo today. Nothing new. Spotting will prob start Friday, hate this part of the month

Greenleaf - great your spotting is staying away. Don't know much about these things but your chart looks nice!

First spot-free cycle (if AF arrives tomorrow which I'm pretty sure it will as temp plunged this morning) in more than 10 years!

Greenleaf! That would be amazing! No spotting!!!!:happydance:

Cupcake, hang on in there! Greenleaf is right....BFP will pop up when you least expect it! It did to me!

Welcome Naaxi, sorry for your loss. But this is a great thread!!

2moms, I will pitch in buying AF's ticket!:haha:

Hope all of the rest of you are doing well.

AFM, I am now 10+5 and doing well. I'm going to see my dr this afternoon see if all's going ok. I should think so as my daily nausea reminds me of how lucky I am :haha: Not complaining! I'm keeping my FX for all you ladies!

So, I've been taking a B-complex vitamin every day, along with evening primrose oil from CD1-ovulation... this cycle, my spotting started 12DPO (latest EVER) and only lasted three days. And the first day was bright red (it's never red, always starts brownish). I've also gained a little bit of weight (I wasn't underweight before, but very close). I'm wondering if some combination of these things is helping. Whatever it is, it's making me feel much better about my cycle... so nice to not bleed for two damn weeks! I'm continuing what I've been doing, along with adding acupuncture, and I'm going to see if this good stuff continues :)

And that's amazing, Greenleaf!!! Did you do anything different this time around, or just your body deciding to be kind to you? <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->