Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi, just a quick catch up. Had my ultrasound scan, according to the sonographer, apparently my uterus is completely normal, no fibroids or polyps so no explanation for why I spot 10-12 days before AF. Official results will be sent to doc in a few weeks so will find out what's next then.

Good news! Have you had your progesterone checked? I never did get to the bottom of my spotting....just glad I got the bfp anyway!

Nope, the docs here won't check hormones, she said everyone has different levels. She also said I got pregnant before on my own last time meant I should be able to get pregnant again. If I wasn't TTC, she would just put me on the pill and spotting would be sorted. Although the sonographer said it could be hormones. How long did it take to get your BFP?

Kim- I can't believe they won't check for you. I have 2 kids so I can get pregnant- but as I'm getting older, my progesterone isn't doing so well on it's own.

Hi, just a quick catch up. Had my ultrasound scan, according to the sonographer, apparently my uterus is completely normal, no fibroids or polyps so no explanation for why I spot 10-12 days before AF. Official results will be sent to doc in a few weeks so will find out what's next then.

Good news! Have you had your progesterone checked? I never did get to the bottom of my spotting....just glad I got the bfp anyway!

Nope, the docs here won't check hormones, she said everyone has different levels. She also said I got pregnant before on my own last time meant I should be able to get pregnant again. If I wasn't TTC, she would just put me on the pill and spotting would be sorted. Although the sonographer said it could be hormones. How long did it take to get your BFP?

I started spotting after having a conization...could have been coincidence. Dr's won't / can't answer. I was ttc for 11months, I guess not too long. I'ts annoying how we get no answers. I hope you get your bfp soon

Hi Ladies!!!!! Just back from ten days in the UK....I've eaten like a pig...

How is everybody? Very quiet on here. Any news????

I'm going to go crazy soon!! This month I had positive OPK on and off for 10 days! What the heck is happening to my body?? There is no BBT rise, no EWCM and no indication of ovulation but OPK keep turning up positive, yesterday and today being the strongest. It's already CD20 and I usually O between CD12-17. Someone please help me!! ](*,)](*,) I'm tired of BD'ing. I feel like giving up...

I'm going to go crazy soon!! This month I had positive OPK on and off for 10 days! What the heck is happening to my body?? There is no BBT rise, no EWCM and no indication of ovulation but OPK keep turning up positive, yesterday and today being the strongest. It's already CD20 and I usually O between CD12-17. Someone please help me!! ](*,)](*,) I'm tired of BD'ing. I feel like giving up...

Can't help you there.....but I can send you all my good vibrations!!!:hugs:

This is me this month, also. I got positives for a couple days, no O, back to negative, then random positives that keep popping up and disappearing. I'm frustrated beyond belief. Fertile CM has disappeared (though I got some again today, what the heck?!), I'm beginning to think this is an anovulatory cycle.... although now my OPK is getting dark again. I don't trust it. I'm honestly about to throw in the towel. I usually O on CD15, and I'm now D21.

:hugs:

I'm sorry I have no answers, but I'll keep you company in your boat <3

Have you been tested for PCOS Greenleaf? I've heard that can cause false positives on OPKs. Sorry don't want to cause any unnecessary worry it's just something I've read before. Wishing you lots of luck this month.
AFM I'm still waiting for the date to come through of my laparoscopy. My doctor is going to try me on a new drug before I have the lap, it's called Progynova. It's supposed to prevent the uterine lining from breaking down too quickly. I looked online because I've never heard of that drug before and found out that it's HRT :shock: I understand why they want to try it but the skeptical side of me thinks that even if my problem is one where the uterine lining breaks down too early and this drug might stop it from happening, it won't solve the root cause, e.g if the real issue is poor egg quality. Also feeling pretty fed up today because I ovulated on Sunday but I started bleeding already today on CD 15, and I know this will continue to AF and I'm not pregnant yet again :sad2:

This is me this month, also. I got positives for a couple days, no O, back to negative, then random positives that keep popping up and disappearing. I'm frustrated beyond belief. Fertile CM has disappeared (though I got some again today, what the heck?!), I'm beginning to think this is an anovulatory cycle.... although now my OPK is getting dark again. I don't trust it. I'm honestly about to throw in the towel. I usually O on CD15, and I'm now D21.

:hugs:

I'm sorry I have no answers, but I'll keep you company in your boat <3

Just a thought but could it be that your body was gearing up to OV but didn't and is trying again? If so you could still be in with a chance. Keep :sex: and don't give up! X

2moms2be - This is exactly what I'm going through. The OPK is going yoyo and so is my BBT. Look at my chart, it's like a rollercoaster. Today temp up again by 0.13 degrees. What the heck is happening??!

Buninmyoven - I don't have PCOS but do have endometriosis. Unless it suddenly developed in one month? Is that possible?? I O regularly (CD12-17) ever since I started charting last September and luteal phase is usually 11-15 days. This month has gone crazy. I hope it's just an anovulatory cycle and not something wrong with me :cry: I'm tired of BD'ing and would like to have a break... :nope:

2moms2be - This is exactly what I'm going through. The OPK is going yoyo and so is my BBT. Look at my chart, it's like a rollercoaster. Today temp up again by 0.13 degrees. What the heck is happening??!

Buninmyoven - I don't have PCOS but do have endometriosis. Unless it suddenly developed in one month? Is that possible?? I O regularly (CD12-17) ever since I started charting last September and luteal phase is usually 11-15 days. This month has gone crazy. I hope it's just an anovulatory cycle and not something wrong with me :cry: I'm tired of BD'ing and would like to have a break... :nope:

I know how frustrating it is. It's rubbish isn't it? Do you think it would help if you had a chat with your doctor? They might be able to shed some light as to what is going on. Have you ever had any of the endo removed? I've heard of lots of ladies who go on to get their BFP and their spotting either stops or reduces. Everyone gets annovulatory cycles from time to time, although I can understand how much frustrating it is, although don't count yourself out just yet, this might even be a good sign. My friend thought she hadn't ovulated one month and she got her BFP that month. Take care :hugs:

I know how frustrating it is. It's rubbish isn't it? Do you think it would help if you had a chat with your doctor? They might be able to shed some light as to what is going on. Have you ever had any of the endo removed? I've heard of lots of ladies who go on to get their BFP and their spotting either stops or reduces. Everyone gets annovulatory cycles from time to time, although I can understand how much frustrating it is, although don't count yourself out just yet, this might even be a good sign. My friend thought she hadn't ovulated one month and she got her BFP that month. Take care :hugs:

I can't chat with my doctor as I follow up in a government hospital and the doctor I see each time is a different person and they do not entertain patients outside their clinic schedules :( I did have my right endo removed in 2009 but still have one on the left side. Not sure why they didn't remove that as well. But thank God my right ovary was not damaged by the endo as doc said it was outside the ovary.

Hiya,

Just checking in. Had scan, no fibroids or polyps or cysts, everything normal. Doc suspects it could be hormonal. Been prescribed Noresthisterone to see if this helps with the spotting. Doc claims this won't stop me getting pregnant, I'm not so sure.

Kim_27, I had nothing visible causing the spotting, at least nothing they where worried about. And they said it wasn't hormonal. I got pregnant after 11 months ttc. So it will happen!:hugs:

Ive been given HRT pills to try on days 8 to 13. I started taking them on Friday. Im still taking the Clomid although this month we went away for a few days and I forgot to taken them with me so I ended taking them days 4 to 8 instead of days 2 to 6 like I normally do. The HRT is supposed to build a better womb lining but I don't think it will make any difference with the spotting.

I'm also going to have a lap in a few weeks to look for Endometriosis. I will let you know if they find anything from that.

I'm not taking progesterone in the luteal phase this month like I normally do so my doctor can see if it makes any difference to the spotting. But I think it is related to progesterone somehow. Because I have significantly less spotting when I am taking it. Last month I started spotting two days after ovulation (so knew I was out). Took the progesterone anyway and I had no more spotting for the rest of the cycle. Then after taking a test and getting yet another BFN and stopping the progesterone I got the spotting for 2-3 days before I got AF. I don't think the progesterone will help me get pregnant though, I think there is something else going on that's causing me not to get PG and that the spotting is just a sign of this.

I have a fibroid and I do worry that the HRT will make this grow, and also if I have endo I know that also gets worse with added oestrogen. So it is a bit of a worry taking it but I suppose one month won't hurt.

Also bought some more Brazil nuts for DH to eat everyday. He's been diligently eating them every night before dinner!

Good luck everyone and I really hope we get another BFP on here soon x

I get ya. I used to be on a great schedule, then, I went off BC before I got pregnant with my daughter and I spotted all the time before AF- sometimes 7 days like you! We tried for 9 months before our 2nd IUI worked and we got out daughter. Now we are trying for our second. We went straight for IUI but I am bleeding again before AF, which sometimes makes me think it's IB . So frustrating!!! I do know that this month I have good progesterone because they check that with a blood test 1 week after the IUI. So, I don't know if progesterone is the answer. You do need to talk to your doctor about this because this is usually a sign of something, whether it be an-ovulation or something else. Remember, you know your body better than anyone:) good luck!

Welcome Melcat!

Bun....I hope you find some answers. It's so confusing. And you're right, we need another BFP on here soon! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->