Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi all, sorry I've been away so long. Been super busy and loving my new role at work which has meant I'm not constantly thinking about ttc which is really good for me!

Had a scan yesterday on cd12 and everything was normal and they said I would o in the next couple of days which is earlier than I thought according to when I used cbfm. Can't bd tho as I have my hsg on Friday. Feeling very nervous about that one and the pain!

Hi Cupcake,

I'm on CD13 today too! I normally OV on this day but I think it will happen later this month because I took the Clomid later this month.

Just wanted to wish you luck for your HSG on Friday. I had one a few months ago and I can honestly say it was fine. I didn't have any pain at all, it was far less painful than a smear and was over very quickly. They also (in my case at least) show you the result there and then, I was able to see the screen and they explained to me what I was looking at. I have heard (and my doctor also told me) that a woman is much more fertile following an HSG and you have a higher chance of getting PG.

AFM I had an appointment with my Dr again this week. They are going to do a hysteroscopy in addition to the lap when I go in for my op. I've already had this done before but I think they want to double check. She told me if they don't find anything wrong with me then I will be classed as having unexplained infertility and will refer me for IVF in the new year. I find the thought of that terrifying. The disappointment of it not working would be too much for me to cope with I think :nope:

Did not ovulate last month and by the looks of it might not ovulate this month either. :( Don't know what is wrong! I've always ovulated like clockwork but it suddenly stopped! Anyone has any idea what could be wrong? Super stressed!! :cry::cry::cry:

Hello Cupcake! Good to see you're doing well. Good luck tomorow. Mine didn't hurt at all (as Bun says), my pap smears are worse, and it was over so quickly!

Sorry to hear what you're going through Bun...I hope you get your BFP naturally. How long have you been trying? Sorry...I forget...

Greenleaf! Sorry to hear that. Have you ovulated since mc? Or just this last month...don't stress (dumb thing to say) there are ways around that. My bf is 6mths with twins, at 40yrs, she was on the brink of menapause(?) and they gave her hormones or whatever...So keep faith! :hugs:

Gobs: I have ovulated since mc for 2 months but last month and by the looks of it this month as well I did not ovulate. :( Could it be menopause kicking in?? My periods are getting shorter from 6 days to 4 days. Really freaking out!

Gobs: I have ovulated since mc for 2 months but last month and by the looks of it this month as well I did not ovulate. :( Could it be menopause kicking in?? My periods are getting shorter from 6 days to 4 days. Really freaking out!

No....not menopause...don't freak! My friend's periods where all over the place (like every two weeks or nothing for two months). Can't you go back to your DR?

Hsg today was fine, wasn't painfully all! And everything was normal. Yay!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all well!

Greenleaf - I had months I wasn't sure I ovulated. Are you using tests to confirm o? I'm sure if you didn't its a one off.

Cupcake - great news about the hsg. Do you know what next steps are?

jodspods: I use OPK. Last month the LH surge was all over the place without temp rise so I suppose no ovulation. I stopped temp'ing after CD22 as the temp was going up and down but no substantial rise. This month no LH surge yet but line was getting darker yesterday. Hopefully today I will get a positive and a temp rise too. FX!

Cupcake: great news about the HSG! They said you conceive more easily after HSG so work hard :sex: and good luck!

:dust:

jodspods: I use OPK. Last month the LH surge was all over the place without temp rise so I suppose no ovulation. I stopped temp'ing after CD22 as the temp was going up and down but no substantial rise. This month no LH surge yet but line was getting darker yesterday. Hopefully today I will get a positive and a temp rise too. FX!

Cupcake: great news about the HSG! They said you conceive more easily after HSG so work hard :sex: and good luck!

:dust:

Fingers crossed for you Greenleaf!

Threads gone quiet, I hope everyone is ok and that there is another BFP on here soon x

hello!can i join too?
my name is jenny i am from greece...i am 29 my dh is 29 also we have been trying for a year now
in every cycle since my first cycle before af i have spotting (all types of spotting dark light red black with tissue thick...watery!every type of spotting!)

i have no progesterone issue no polyps i ovulate on my own and the doctors say its normal(i've been to 4 so far...plus 1 endocrinologist)
well how can a bean be implanted in a collapsing environment thats what i dont get and thats what i believe is the main reason i cannot have a baby...

about my medical history, i had pcos in the past ...
it has been treated and for the last 3 years i take meds for hypothyroidism it has been balanced between 1 and 2 level which doctors say is perfect for conception...
i also take metformin since i am on the level when it comes to blood sugar and also it can help me to have better eggs that mature more quickly ...truly in the past 2 cycles i had ovulation on the 14th day!we monitor by ultrasound...i used to have it between 17-20th day of the cycle...
i have also checked my tubes they are open thank god!
and i take pregnacare original tablets i think they also contributed to the regulation of my cycle

sometimes i just wish i had something and the doctors would find it ...i wished they told me you have this thing take this treatment and you will be fine but thats not the case for me
is anyone out there having the same problem as me???i mean spotting with no reason?
did you get you bfp???
i will wait anxiously for your answers
babydust to all of us!!!!!!!!!

hello!can i join too?
my name is jenny i am from greece...i am 29 my dh is 29 also we have been trying for a year now
in every cycle since my first cycle before af i have spotting (all types of spotting dark light red black with tissue thick...watery!every type of spotting!)

i have no progesterone issue no polyps i ovulate on my own and the doctors say its normal(i've been to 4 so far...plus 1 endocrinologist)
well how can a bean be implanted in a collapsing environment thats what i dont get and thats what i believe is the main reason i cannot have a baby...

it has been treated and for the last 3 years i take meds for hypothyroidism it has been balanced between 1 and 2 level which doctors say is perfect for conception...
i also take metformin since i am on the level when it comes to blood sugar and also it can help me to have better eggs that mature more quickly ...truly in the past 2 cycles i had ovulation on the 14th day!we monitor by ultrasound...i used to have it between 17-20th day of the cycle...
and i take pregnacare original tablets i think they also contributed to the regulation of my cycle

sometimes i just wish i had something and the doctors would find it ...i wished they told me you have this thing take this treatment and you will be fine but thats not the case for me
is anyone out there having the same problem as me???i mean spotting with no reason?
did you get you bfp???

Welcome! I had spotting for no reason....a very small polyp (that shouldn't have been a problem), tubes open, ovulated no problem, regular 29 day cycles.....and I got my BFP after 11 months (I'm 38). I spotted every cycle except for the BFP cycle. But some girls spotted even when they got their BFP.

hello!can i join too?

did you get you bfp???

Hi Jenny and welcome :)

Yes I have this too. Its always in the second half of my cycle after I ovulate. Sometimes it doesn't happen until quite late in my cycle. Other days it happens 2 days after ovulation. Once it starts I get it every day until I get my actual period. Mine usually starts off as very light brown, getting progressively darker and then before my period becomes more red. I also get some pain just before my periods. When I get my periods they are very heavy but only last about 2 days which doesn't seem right at all.

I have been TTC since March 2011. I did get pregnant December 2011 but that ended in MC and I haven't managed to get pregnant since then. I went to my GP as soon as I came off the pill because of this and ever since they have been telling me this is normal. Well how can it be when I have been TTC nearly 3 years? In the end I did eventually get referred for tests and I have a laparoscopy in a few weeks to check for endometriosis. All other tests have come back fine. I hope that they don't find endo I'd rather be 'unexplained' than have that. I have been told that the next step is probably going to be IVF in the new year.

I don't think my MC had anything to do with the spotting I think that I was just very unlucky. Incidentally on the month I found out I was pregnant I had absolutely no spotting at all so I knew I was pregnant. On the other hand I have a friend that told me she had this. She managed to get pregnant after about a year TTC and she said the month she got her BFP she did have spotting so I think everyone must be different.

Sometimes I think doctors say things are normal when they don't have answers.

I understand how hard it must be. Every month that goes by without a BFP is so hard and it doesn't help when everyone around you seems to get pregnant at the drop of a hat. It seems so unfair.

Please don't lose hope though, quite a few people on here have managed to get pregnant and have babies. I got pregnant after the first 10 months TTC and you haven't been TTC much longer than that so heres hoping you don't have to wait much longer.

Good luck :)

I get ya. I used to be on a great schedule, then, I went off BC before I got pregnant with my daughter and I spotted all the time before AF- sometimes 7 days like you! We tried for 9 months before our 2nd IUI worked and we got out daughter. Now we are trying for our second. We went straight for IUI but I am bleeding again before AF, which sometimes makes me think it's IB . So frustrating!!! I do know that this month I have good progesterone because they check that with a blood test 1 week after the IUI. So, I don't know if progesterone is the answer. You do need to talk to your doctor about this because this is usually a sign of something, whether it be an-ovulation or something else. Remember, you know your body better than anyone:) good luck!

Hi Melcat,
Its lovely to hear of someone else who managed to get pregnant despite the spotting. Good luck TTC your second. I hope you don't have to wait too long.

hello!can i join too?

did you get you bfp???

Welcome! I had spotting for no reason....a very small polyp (that shouldn't have been a problem), tubes open, ovulated no problem, regular 29 day cycles.....and I got my BFP after 11 months (I'm 38). I spotted every cycle except for the BFP cycle. But some girls spotted even when they got their BFP.

thank you!its great to hear that someone like me got bfp!
did the doctors tell you that the polyp doesnt cause the spotting?
i am asking you this because one of the doctors i visited suspected there might be a small polyp (even though its not showing in the exams)and thats the main reason of the spotting but that shouldnt trouble me getting pregnant...
in the next cycle i am thinking of having a 3d uterus scan like the one they do for babies ...i read that in one forum and it helped the doctors find the cause of the spotting which was indeed a polyp!

hello!can i join too?

did you get you bfp???

Yes I have this too. Its always in the second half of my cycle after I ovulate. Sometimes it doesn't happen until quite late in my cycle. Other days it happens 2 days after ovulation. Once it starts I get it every day until I get my actual period. Mine usually starts off as very light brown, getting progressively darker and then before my period becomes more red. I also get some pain just before my periods. When I get my periods they are very heavy but only last about 2 days which doesn't seem right at all.

I have been TTC since March 2011. I did get pregnant December 2011 but that ended in MC and I haven't managed to get pregnant since then. I went to my GP as soon as I came off the pill because of this and ever since they have been telling me this is normal. Well how can it be when I have been TTC nearly 3 years? In the end I did eventually get referred for tests and I have a laparoscopy in a few weeks to check for endometriosis. All other tests have come back fine. I hope that they don't find endo I'd rather be 'unexplained' than have that. I have been told that the next step is probably going to be IVF in the new year.

I don't think my MC had anything to do with the spotting I think that I was just very unlucky. Incidentally on the month I found out I was pregnant I had absolutely no spotting at all so I knew I was pregnant. On the other hand I have a friend that told me she had this. She managed to get pregnant after about a year TTC and she said the month she got her BFP she did have spotting so I think everyone must be different.

I understand how hard it must be. Every month that goes by without a BFP is so hard and it doesn't help when everyone around you seems to get pregnant at the drop of a hat. It seems so unfair.

Please don't lose hope though, quite a few people on here have managed to get pregnant and have babies. I got pregnant after the first 10 months TTC and you haven't been TTC much longer than that so heres hoping you don't have to wait much longer.

hello Buninmyoven!
exactly i also have spotting since stopping the birth control pills...
and its got worse over the years the days have increased and the blood of the actual flow(AF) has decreased...
about endo do you also have pain during sex?i have read this is the number one sign
when it comes to your pregnancy its great news that you have been pregnant that means that it will happen again its just a matter of time!do you track your ovulation day?
in my case since i have not been pregnant thats the reason i am starting to lose hope...but surely reading all your stories and being a part of this group makes me see light at the end of the tunnel...:flower::flower::flower::flower:
i hope i will post my bfp here really soon!

hello!can i join too?

did you get you bfp???

hello Buninmyoven!
exactly i also have spotting since stopping the birth control pills...
and its got worse over the years the days have increased and the blood of the actual flow(AF) has decreased...
about endo do you also have pain during sex?i have read this is the number one sign
when it comes to your pregnancy its great news that you have been pregnant that means that it will happen again its just a matter of time!do you track your ovulation day?
in my case since i have not been pregnant thats the reason i am starting to lose hope...but surely reading all your stories and being a part of this group makes me see light at the end of the tunnel...:flower::flower::flower::flower:
i hope i will post my bfp here really soon!

Hi Jenny,

I do have pain during sex but only in certain positions. I also have pain during bowel movements and notice blood when I go to the loo (sorry if too much information). It is quite worrying. I agree it is good that I managed to get pregnant, but the fact that I haven't managed to get pregnant again in the last 2 years since the MC makes me worry that it is infact endo and that it has got worse over time and that is why I haven't managed to get pregnant again. I really hope thats not the case.

For the last few years I have had pain in the right of my abdomen just under the bottom rib. This started even before I was TTC. I had a scan that showed no abnormalities. No reason has ever been found for this pain. I now wonder if this is endo.

Yes I track my ovulation and apart from one or two months I have ovulated every single time normally on days 13 - 16. My cycle varies by a couple of days each month but on a normal unmedicated cycle its usually 28 days. There have been the odd month where its been a lot shorter e.g. 24 days and there was one month when it was about 33 days.

I have had numerous progesterone tests and the results of that have always come back fine. One month it was really high (157nmol). Despite this they tried me on progesterone pessaries and this does significantly reduce the spotting but once I stop taking them I always get spotting for a few days before my period starts. Weird. They have also given me Clomid to see if its from a week ovulation. This has not stopped the spotting. They even gave me HRT pills to try CD 8 - 11 and this has not had any effect.

I will let you know if they find anything when I have had the laparoscopy.

You are still very young so try not to lose hope. Even if there is an issue there is plenty of time for your doctors to sort it out for you. Keep us up to date on how you get on :thumbup:

Buninmyoven
wow!!!i cannot believe how many similarities we have...
i also have vaginal blood (spotting) after bm during the usual period of the spotting but also the doctors say its normal...its not like heavy bleeding and it shows up only when wiping on tp(in general with my spotting i dont need to wear a tampon or anything up to 2-3 days before my period...)i have noticed this when i have ovulation from my left ovary...(the one that was typical of pcos syndrome)i dont know if its connected because i have not monitored through ultrasound many cycles...
i also have from time to time a pain in my right abdomen under my bottom rib ...the one time i got it they made an ultrasound i thought it was my kidney or a stone because i went through an infection before starting ttc and i dont drink a lot of water...they found nothing!this pain starts all of a sudden lasts a while and stops all of a sudden or sleep and wake up and the pain is not there...!
and i thought i was the only one with all of these symptoms!
please send me your update and your news!i am really curius what they will tell you...
good luck with everything!!!!take care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->