Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi gals,

Sorry, been gone for awhile and just caught up on the posts. It seems like everyone is still working towards their BFP, hope June is the month for us spotters. :dust:

Hard to believe, but my two weeks since AF has come and gone, got my smiley face today, so we're hoping for a BFP again this month. The 2ww officially starts for us tomorrow. What has me so confused is that my OV date has been 14-16 days since I've been using OPK's (4th month now, I believe) with an average LP of 14-15 days. My question is, are any of you gals here completely on time with your cycles even through the spotting? Spotting has begun from 5dpo to 9dpo for me, but it hasn't missed a single month since my MC back in January, it's so confusing. :dohh:

Oh, and I also have a question about the softcups. Do you have a direct link to them from Amazon? I'm here in the US, so I'm not sure where to get them from... if this turns out to be another BFN month, then I think we just might try them as I've been hearing a lot of praise regarding them, but have never seen/used one myself.

Thanks in advance. =)

Hi Cosmos, I found this for you https://www.babyhopes.com/instead-softcups.html it looks like you can get them cheaper in the US than here in the UK! :thumbup: Also the article is quite interesting! GL! x

Yes I bought a mooncup on a whim last cycle while buying OPK's in boots. It's not for me. I tried it once after BD but I didn't feel it kept anything near the cervix, I just had a moonful cup of BD juice!. It also leaked and sort of sat uncomfortably wonky inside me. I suppose I need to persevere and practice using it but the one try put me off tbh as like i say i felt it sat too low down to help keep semen near the cervix.
It also was sort of suction based, as in popping it in and removing had this big thwoooop noise/effect which was interesting.
Are the softcups similar to my experience with the mooncup - should i give them a try?

Nell I'd go for it hun! The mooncup's don't sound nice, and the softcups are smaller length wise so keep the :spermy: nearer the cervix. Though I have to say I didn't think my opening was that big, when I opened the packet I was like, WOW, how is that going to fit in ha ha.

Update for me - I just booked my first fertility appointment for 14th July, didn't have to wait long at all! :happydance: x

Nell and Cosmos - a thread for you to view or join, some great success stories going back a few years https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/173508-softcups.html x

MrsPttc - thanks off to view those linkys

Islandgirl - sorry about the blood draw. When you say it was a random blood draw though it was done on CD2-4? Only LH is meant to be higher than FSH at some points of our cycle (and so isn't then indicative of PCOS)

Hi ladies
Nell - let me know if you make a softcup decision - I've been thinking about trying them but then I've read lots to suggest that it's the, ahem, first 'spray' (UGH) that gets the spermies where they need to be and that anything else is kind of surplus to requirements!
Hi Cosmos!
Thanks for your advice re the Clomid dose-upping situation, ladies. I was wavering back and forth but in the end I decided to go for it and up the dose. CD3 today and haven't felt any side-effects yet. I figured that:
a) If the increased dose brings O forwards and extends LP even more, then I can at least tell the hospital I have evidence in the hope they'll prescribe me more/go to the private GP I've found for more, or
b) If it makes no difference, then I can put Clomid to one side and invest my energy (and cash!) into researching alternative options.

I'll let you know... and yum... no monitoring this cycle as I'm not telling the hospital I've upped my own dose! Think the risks of anything being wrong are very low given I didn't hyper-respond and only had the one dominant follicle on 50mg (they only terminate the cycle if you have more than four dominant follicles)...

xx

Quick q for you ladies: Due to my prolonged spotting issues ( I spot very lightly 7 days before AF) my gyn has said she'd like to test my hormones on day 23 of my cycle and wrote me a Rx for 200mg progesterone suppository. She directed me to take the progesterone right after ovulation until my period...

My q: She wants to schedule the blood test this cycle and also wants me to start my progesterone this cycle. I ovulate day 14 and my blood test is day 23 when I'll be taking the progesterone.. this doesn't seem right--since I think it will skew the results.. any one else agree or have experience in this area?

I'd think the hormone/progesterone blood test results would be best most optimal without any extra added hormone in the blood stream, right?

MrsHy - yeah I'd heard that too, but things are a little desperate chez moi :haha:
I think the good stuff is meant to cling to your EWCM, since I have none/little i'm worried mine just drops out!

Curious - I'd call your Dr's office back and double check, to me the blood test makes no sense when you're already supplementing though.

Hi Nell,
I called back last night and explained this to the secretary and even left a message for the doc herself. Then was called back this morning and was told by the secretary that Yes, to start taking it now... she said to stop calling because I was annoying the doctor.

I'd think the hormone/progesterone blood test results would be best most optimal without any extra added hormone in the blood stream, right? it doesn't seem to be right... unless they are trying to see if a supplement would sustain an actual pregnancy with this additional suppository or how much more this suppository boosts up progesterone? what do you all think?

Nell - I checked back at my cycle and the blood work was done on CD10. She was doing routine bloodwork (thyroid, prolactin, etc..) and also told me she would check the LH:FSH ratio. It was high. I didn't think LH should be high unless you are ovulating and on that cycle I didn't ovulate until CD20. I'd rather not have PCOS. If all goes well after this pregnancy I'm going to demand to get tested properly with an ultrasound, glucose test, bloodwork, etc.. This is the second time I'm left wondering :(

she said to stop calling because I was annoying the doctor.
How rude!!

Islandgirl - you're right LH spikes before ovulation, but sometimes it's not just one spike, frequently are bodies will 'try' to ovulate, we'll have an LH surge but then oddly no O and so then again a few days later there'll be another LH spike. Lots of women who chart see this, +ve OPK's but then nothing, then again and this time followed by O.
I think CD 10 there's a good risk again and like you say worth a repeat for diagnosis. I also think you need 2 markers nowadays for PCOS diagnosis, I think other markers are testosterone levels (SHBG) and a visible string of pearls row of cysts on ultrasound.

I wouldn't worry too much now as you are pg :) FX for a healthy sticky bean for you :)

Thanks, Nell. I thought it was rude too.. I like this doctor but her office seems a bit too disorgnaized. one example:
I just got a prescription from my doctor--on it, it said 200mg progesterone suppository vaginally. But when I got to the pharmacist she said it doens't come in 200mg, only 100.

She then called me doctor's office and the receptionist (who's nice but a bit of a bubblehead) told her it was their error and I'm to take only 100mg. I called to confirm later and the receptionist told me the same thing, it was their error..

100mg to 200mg is a big jump... I spot for 7 days lightly before AF (6DPO) so I'm just worried my dosage now at 100mg isn't going to be enough to stop it.. For those of you who take progesterone suppositories, how many mg were you prescribed and when do you take it--morning or night?

Happyshopper - sorry to hear the appointment didn't go well. Where were you in your cycle? It's possible if just post O that your cervix is a little inflamed from a lot of BD'ing or like you say cervical erosion (which is harmless completely). Hope the coloscopy goes well - did they take any swobs asides your pap or will they do that at coloscopy? Hope you don't have too long a wait for the appointment.

Hi Nell, I think she did take some swabs but she never mentioned what she was going to do with them. To tell you the truth, I think I did get injured BDing :blush: and it caused a tiny bit of bleeding and when I told her the doctor decided to refer me. Oh well, at least if there is some erosion it will get fixed xxx
I've hit the 35 year this week so now I'm an official older TTCer. I've been trying desperately to get pregnant before I got to 35 that now I feel strangely relieved or maybe I'm tired of feeling stressed xxx
FX we get a few :bfp: this month xxx

Bad news girls :( I started spotting yesterday and today I'm bleeding. All symptoms are gone. My DH is away and it sucks! I think we'll have to take a break. We're going on vacation soon and my doctor is away so I won't get any answers for awhile. I'm soooo sad right now :( I think it's due to low progesterone and due to PCOS.

Bad news girls :( I started spotting yesterday and today I'm bleeding. All symptoms are gone. My DH is away and it sucks! I think we'll have to take a break. We're going on vacation soon and my doctor is away so I won't get any answers for awhile. I'm soooo sad right now :( I think it's due to low progesterone and due to PCOS.

IslandGrl... Oh no.. from what you're saying, this doesn't sound good. Is there another doctor that you can go and see? Take care of yourself and find time to treat yourself well. Let us know what happens in the next while.

Well ladies I'm happy to say that the B complex really helped to lessen my spotting this cycle so much so that by yesterday (when AF should have started) that it went away as of yesterday. So I took a HPT this morning and got my BFP!!!! So excited!!! Hoping you all get your BFP soon too!

Well ladies I'm happy to say that the B complex really helped to lessen my spotting this cycle so much so that by yesterday (when AF should have started) that it went away as of yesterday. So I took a HPT this morning and got my BFP!!!! So excited!!! Hoping you all get your BFP soon too!

Hey - congrats!! Did you get any spotting at all? xx

I'm really sorry to hear that Islandgirl - have you done another test to make sure? Symptoms can come and go, and one third of women bleed during early pregnancy (I personally know two women who bled very heavily and went on to have healthy babies). I don't want to give you any false hope but just thought I'd share. And if this is a miscarriage then :cry::cry: and :hugs:
xx

Hey - congrats!! Did you get any spotting at all? xx

Yeah there was some, but different then usual. Before this cycle it would be dark brown for 3 days before AF. This cycle.. starting Monday (5 days ago) there was a little little bit of pink or beige CM up until Friday. Friday there was a teensy bit of blood, and that's it. I actually tested on Wed night and thurs morning and got negatives. But I just found them in the trash and there are incredibly faint lines on them too! So hopefully my spotting is all done for a while! Good luck to you!

I'm so sorry Islandgirl. Take care and my thoughts are with you :hugs:
Congratulations Lotus, I had a feeling it was your month this month. Have a prefect pregnancy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->