Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Such mixed news on the thread recently :(

Island girl - I am so, so sorry to hear your news. I hope you loved ones can help yuo through this and bring comfort and support xxx

______

Lotus - I am so pleased the B complex worked for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Babydust for all

Sorry to hear that islandgirl :hugs: but all is not lost! My BFF had 3 bleeds during her pregnancy, and everything was fine. Have you seen the doctor yet?

Lotusflower - Congratulations! :happydance:

Well I have my first fertility appointment booked in for 14th July, yay!

X x

Nell - Thanks for the info on the Softcups, I'm looking through it now and am pretty sure I'll be trying them out next month.

Islandgirl - I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm with everyone else though, I'd go get checked out by a dr., even if it isn't your normal dr., you should have things confirmed first. GL on it just being one of those first trimesters that gives you a scare.

As for this month, I was crushed/aggravated/ready to cry yesterday. After having a very light month last month, on the spotting side (I was sick too though, wonder if that effected it now), I was spotting on the heavier side all day yesterday. Back to a dark dark color (it was light pink last month) and heavy enough to fill a pantyliner. This was only 5 days after OV too, so frustrating! :cry:

Based on what my doctor told me two cycles ago however, I can spot and still be pregnant/healthy, so here's hoping it's not over yet. If still no luck this month, then I'm going to switch my prenatal (the only other thing that changed besides the MC, before the spotting began) and try the softcups next month. If both of those things fail, it's back to the doctor for me.

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your kind words. Unfortunately yesterday was a really bad day. I had terrible cramps and lots of bleeding so it's definitely over. I went to the doctor today and had my bloodword done but I'm not expecting any good news. Guess I'm back to trying once my cycle comes back :( Hopefully sooner rather than later and that the spotting is gone! I really do think I have low progesterone. I just need a doctor to agree with me.

Cosmo - How long did it take to get AF? Did you start TTC again the following month?

Sorry to hear the bad news IslandGirl. Not sure how far along you were, I was approx. 6 1/2 weeks when I finally had a MC, though I started spotting more like around 5 weeks. It started right around Thanksgiving, I got my first full AF on January 2nd. I bled from the MC on/off for almost 3 weeks though, so it took a really long time to stop.

I didn't do OV tests back then (I do them now), so I don't really know what was going on during that time, exactly. I would recommend doing the OV tests once the MC clears your system. We started trying after the first full AF, in February. GL girl. :hugs:

How is everyone? It's been a bit quiet on here lately.
I'm fine - cd10 today so started testing with OPKs this morning. Am intrigued to see when I'll get my smiley face as I increased to 100mg of Clomid this month.
What's happening with everyone else? x

Hi MrsHY, good luck with the clomid this month and I hope you get your smiley face soon xxx
This week I got my results back from my smear test and a slightly abnormal result so they need to repeat the test in 6 months time. I do have a coploscopy on Wednesday so FX they can have a proper look then and sort it if it needs it. They said I should reschedule if I'm on my AF but what if I'm spotting which is pretty likely. xxx

Yeah, it has been quite in here lately. Good luck with the Clomid this month, hopefully it'll lead to your BFP so you won't have to think about it again. As for me, it's still the waiting game over here. I have been spotting on the heavier side since my last post (very dark color), so since 5dpo until at least today, 9dpo. At this point I feel very "out of it" and am not even going to bother testing unless AF doesn't show the morning of the 8th.

GL to everyone else this month, I'll update if anything changes. Going to use the softcups next cycle if I don't get a BFP this month. Have a great holiday weekend to all you gals in the US. We get to at least go see fireworks on Monday. :happydance:

Hi all,

I'm still here. Slowly getting over our loss. It's getting better but I'm still pretty upset and frustrated. I have a doctor's appointment next week at which I'm going to ask for the full work up for PCOS and to be put on progesterone supplements. Let's hope she agrees. I also want to be sent to the FS. Enough fooling around. I clearly have a problem.

I'll let you know what she says. Good luck ladies!

I have a question for everyone who participates in this thread, as I'm trying to find out if there is a link in supplements at all. The ONLY thing I changed after my MC was the prenatal vitamins I was taking. Beforehand I was taking a woman's vitamin brand, all natural and vegan. After my MC, my sister recommended one she had just found out about "Perfect Prenatal" by New Chapter Organics. I cannot help but wonder if the supplement change (the B, K and D vitamins are largely different between the two) caused the spotting now. I am switching back to the original vitamins my next cycle as a test run. In the meantime, I'd love to know what supplements you ladies are taking. Thanks!

hello ladies,
so long since i visited..mixed news on thread !

ig - so sorry hun :hugs: how r u feeling ? i know how u must b feeling but on the bright side, u know u can get pregs & hope the wrkup gives u some ans & prog supps does the trick 4r you ! gud luck !

mrshy- hope the high does did the magic & gud luck !

lotus- congratsssss :happydance: wish u a sticky & healthy bean !

nell- what's going on with ya ! hru?

mrspttc- did u test yet ? fx 4r ya !

cosmos- sorry abt all the spotting dear ! sorry cant help u, i don't use prenats..i used to take general one a day women vitamins but now just the b100 complex ! GL !

hs- so sorry abt the inflmed cervix & pap ! did they xplain abt the abnrml pap ? wish its nothing ! will u b put under anest 4r the scope ? hope all goes well on wed ! din't u ask them if it can b done even wen spotting ? hope u get sum ans ! gl !

have a gud long weekend & baby dust to all !

:dust:

Cosmo- I've just switched from a Women's One a Day to one B50 Complex and an Omega 3. Just wondering if you ever had fertility/hormone tests done for the spotting?

Yum- Thanks.

Sorry again for your loss IslandGrl. Hopefully they'll be able to give you some answers or at least some reassurance that you'll have more luck in the future.

Cosmos - I take Pregnacare Conceive Plus. I used to take Sanatogen and have also tried some expensive, vegan supplements - but I don't think my spotting was affected at all.

x

Hi MrsHY, good luck with the clomid this month and I hope you get your smiley face soon xxx
This week I got my results back from my smear test and a slightly abnormal result so they need to repeat the test in 6 months time. I do have a coploscopy on Wednesday so FX they can have a proper look then and sort it if it needs it. They said I should reschedule if I'm on my AF but what if I'm spotting which is pretty likely. xxx

Hello
Don't worry about the smear - they can be super cautious about every little deviation from 'normal.' I'm sure the next one will come back clear.
What's the coploscopy for if you don't mind me asking - is it specifically to look into your spotting? I think you just need to go ahead if you are spotting - I think they should be able to see what they're looking for. x

Thans MrsHY, after reading up about it I feel a bit more reassured. A coploscopy is spraying the cervix with a dye and looking for abnormal cells more closely and taking a biopsy if necessary. Although you have to have 3 abnormal results to be referred for a coploscopy I have been sent to get one by my GP as I mentioned that I had a little bit of bleeding after BDing. Whatever happens, I'm pleased I've got the appointment as I want my cervix checked for erosion. Does anyone know if erosion would cause spotting during the whole month or just leading up to AF? xxx

Happyshopper, honestly, I think if it was about the cervix, you'd be bleeding throughout the cycle, and not just in TWW. Especially if your spotting resembles how your period starts and ends, it'd gotta be coming out from the uterus.

Hi ladies,

IslandGrl sending you :hugs:

Cosmos, I'm taking an own brand prenatal & also Maca. I was taking pregnacare conception & also vitex/AC but have stopped them now. Im 99% sure the AC was giving me mid cycle spotting. I also took EPO up to ovulation but stopped this also.

Yum - well got a BFN today at 10dpo then tonight got the dreaded spotting :cry: I was gonna test again tomorrow but don't think I'll bother, may as well wait for AF as I'm sure she's gonna come Mon or tuesn I'm so gutted, I had a lot of hope for this month, I thought it was meant to be....

x x

OMG ticker is now showing 10 months :sad1: thank god my fertility appointment is booked for next month! X

Thanks Soili I sure you're right but I'm clutching at straws xxx
Sorry MrsPTTC that your spotting has arrived but you're not out yet. I'm sure that you will get a :bfp: very soon xxx

Thanks happyshopper :flower: The spotting is a bit different to previous months, more like the end of AF rather than the bitty stuff I normally get. Negative test again today, temps not too bad. Don't think its my month, but you never know until the fat :witch: sings lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->