Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi Molly, welcome. Looks like we're on the same schedule. I started spotting last night and af isn't due until the 27th so it will be 7 days this month :( It's so discouraging. Normal women get at least 2 weeks to hold on to some hope.

I agree with the sentiments above. The pill was the worse thing I could have taken.

Yea I'd give ANYTHING to have a "real" two week wait...it'd be nice to have 0 spotting around the time of af, it really is discouraging for all of us that have to go through this. At least we have eachother though!!! :hugs:

hello everyone!

been reading this thread with interest as apart from when I was on the pill I've always spotted (though it is worse now) and it drives me mad :growlmad:

on a positive note though I did conceive in April after 6 months trying (had so much spotting thhat cycle thought af had come early). I sadly had a mc but it was due to a blighted ovum and had nothing to do with the spotting. I was 9 weeks but embryo only measured 5 weeks.

Back trying again and stupid spotting back, even though I've conceived myself with spotting it just doesn't feel right does it :nope:

My mum had spotting too and she was REALLY fertile!

There is hope, even if you spot. Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks for the words of encouragement Holymoly! Nice to hear :flower: x

Welcome Holy Moly :)

Like you I got pregnant despite the spotting. I spotted as usual the cycle I got pregnant but sadly I miscarried at 5 1/2 weeks. I don't think it implanted correctly. I'm off to the doctor's next month for a few tests to see if they can determine the cause of the spotting. I'm guessing they won't but you never know.

Hi Ladies,
A quick update on me: Been taking B6 and AC to try to get rid of this evil spotting before AF. Some others on this forum have indicated that AC has made their ovulation date move up. Mine unfortunately did not. I am supposed to ovulate tomorrow, and I have not yet seen a temperature spike. FX that I don't start to spot tomorrow.

Good to see that spotting doesn't mean no pregnancy for everyone. I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so hoping that brings some good luck in the baby department! Good luck to all and I'll check in when I return in 2 weeks to let you know if the AC+B6 helped with my spotting any.

Hi chloe, the AC brought my ovulation forward & shortened my cycles, but I did have the odd cycle that was extra long. I took the AC after ov for 3 months (first 3 stopped at ovulation) & my spotting was terrible. I've heard good reports about the B6 though. Enjoy your trip! X

Hey everyone! I wanted to kind of shed some light on all of us who have this nasty spotting. I thought for sure I have low progesterone but after having blood work done I found out my Thyroid and Progesterone levels are great! Apparently some women just spot and it can be normal, supposedly if the egg disintegrates at a slow pace then you can spot, pretty sure that's what is going on with me. I am also trying a Vitamin b100 Complex, so far I am not liking it though, plus I'm not sure if it really works. What is AC?

Hi Molly, great to hear, I think its just when you're trying for ages & you spot its something to blame your lack of BFP on & I'm sure in a lot of cases it is the spotting but not all I guess! AC is agnus castus, also called vitex & its a herb x

I'm so relieved I've got my next FS appt through, yay :happydance: It's not til the 21st Sept though, but can't wait to get my bloods results & I know my HSG was fine. I'm sure he'll tell me to come back in 6 months though, if everything comes back ok x

hello all, luks like its been quiet here ! hope all r gud !

welcome holymoly & molly !

molly- ur ticker says day2 ! sorry abt :witch: ! did u c any change in spotting this time around ?

happyshopper- thaanks 4r the info ! somehow i am pretty much convinced its cervical erosion too but i guess i'm just hoping its somethin so that they can fix it.. if it was cervical erosion,they might have of found it during my hysteroscope :( hmnnn !

any positive updates ladies?

i want to ask something..do any of u spot long after af ? i sometimes have spotting till cd12 & definately till cd10..i dont see anything on cd7/8/9 but wen i get the sticky cm from cd10, its not clear or white but its pink/beige till i get ewcm ! any ideas ?

Hi yum! Yes very quiet on this thread at the moment! I'm on b&b all the time now I have good internet on my phone lol. No hun I only get spotting after AF for a couple of days. I have flow for 3 days then spotting 2-3. Hope you get some answers x

Hi Yum,

Like MrsPttc I get flow for 3 days and then spotting for 2-3days. I'm sure you have considered this but it's not ovulation bleeding?

Yes, it has been quiet around here.

I also have a question. Do any of you have blood clots during your heavy days?

prspttc & ig - thanks 4r the info ! mrspttc, i don't think i'm gonna find any ans :( its not o spotting i think b/c it's just before i get ewcm..its more like 2 days beige/pink cm which goes into ewcm..

ig- i get clots during my flow...i get no clots 4r the first 12hrs or so ! sometimes i get like thick & hard clots( tmi & sorry unable to quiet xplain it :nope:)

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all ok.
IG - I too have clots on my second day and they can be quite large xxx
Well to update you all, I think I ovulated either yesterday or today. I have had some wierd brown spotting about 4 days ago and then some pink spotting today so I think my cervix has not healed properly. I don't think its ov spotting as I have never had it before so I think its more likely to be cervical erosion. Its so annoying, I just hope the :sperm: can get through all the yucky mess xxx
Good luck everyone xxx

Sorry to hear about the spotting HS. I'm sure it's just due to the procedure and possibly from getting "busy" with the OH ;) Maybe it just needs some more time to heal.

Hi everyone,
Thanks IG, the spotting didn't last too long so FX I'm in with a chance. I'm on 4DPO so I'm on full spotting alert.
My OH took a home sperm test and to my suprise it was positive (he works in the chemical industry) so now I think there must be something wrong with me. Anyway, I've procrastinated for long enough now so I'm going to my doctor this week to get referred. I'm not looking forward to the tests but hopefully it will be worth it - even for some peace of mind.
Good luck ladies xxx

Hi happyshopper, it really does put your mind at rest hun - well my HSG & DH SA did but I am still waiting for my blood test results. Good luck! Hope the spotting stays away! x x

Hi all!
Sorry for the recent radio silence - I've been on holiday (again) and I had no email access - which in many ways was great!!
Happy Shopper - Good luck with the referral. Fx-ed that you won't need too many/any invasive tests and that you get your BFP naturally!
Hi MrsPTTC, Yum, Island Girl and everyone else!
I'm having a GREAT cycle this time round - I can honestly say that - I haven't felt this relaxed since we started trying last November. And why? Because the thermometer has stayed in its box, the OPKs have stayed in the bathroom cabinet and we've been having some really nice, regular sex! :)
Yes - I've still been checking my knickers like a mad woman for EWCM and yes, I know exactly what cycle day it is today (cd20) because this is my third Clomid cycle at 100mg (so I had to know when days 2-6 were) but I have no idea if I've ovulated yet (erm, TMI but sometimes I find it very hard to distinguish EWCM from semen that leaks out the next day!!).
If this cycle doesn't bring me that much wanted BFP then I'll be OK - I've got three more tries with Clomid and then will have some natural cycles while we weigh up when to go forward with IVF.
Much love ladies xx

Hello!
Well, I think AC may be evil, not sure. I am on CD37(!) now and I started my spotting on CD33. on CD 29 i felt a twinge of pain near my left ovary, and had a teeny tiny streak of blood on the TP a few hours later after using the bathroom. I got excited because I thought that may have been blood from ovulating, but I never got a temperature increase. I was in Europe for this time, on a cruise ship and sleeping in some really hot, unairconditioned hotels, and then I caught a cold a couple days ago, so I dont know if all of this would contribute to not seeing a temp spike. I also only was able to take my temp a couple times because well, i was on vacation :shipw: and wanted to relax :) But if I haven't ovulated and its already CD37, I wonder if the AC gave me cysts or something? And I'm spotting, but its different than usual, and lighter, so I guess that is good, but not good if I haven't ovulated!

I stopped the AC, but continued my multi and my extra B6, so we will see. I am not very positive for this cycle that I will see that BFP.

HappyShopper - what is this home sperm test? I wasn't aware you could do this at home. I am intrigued. My Husband and I spent a lot of time in the hot tub on vacation, so I'm wondering if his :spermy: got fried!

:hi: MrsHY, hope you had a good holiday. Great to hear you're more relaxed. A tip for the semen thing, I use softcups after BD'ing and most of it is caught in the cup overnight, and I remove it in the morning. Hardly any semen comes out during the course of the next day like it did before I started using them. No more leakage over night, nice and dry bed, I love them! And apparently semen is more spider web like when stretched, whereas EWCM is more stretchy and doesn't break to easily x

Chloe - yes I think it's the devil too! It made me spot really bad when I continued taking it after ovulation. I think if your hormone levels are ok it can mess things up. I stopped the AC a few months back but kept taking Maca which was supposedly ok as it's a food, but also has an effect on hormone levels. Well I decided to up my dose last month as apparently you can't overdose with it being natural, and I spotted from 6DPO, just like when I was taking the AC after ov! Great idea that - NOT lol :dohh: So I'm convinced any supplements that affect my hormones just don't agree with me - maybe because they were ok in the first place. My progesterone blood tests I get on the 21st will be interesting as I was taking the Maca when I had it taken. I'm just taking pre-natals now, and Omega 3. I have just started the Omega 3 as part of a healthy eating diet I'm supporting my DH on, and it's caused insomnia so I'm having to take it in the morning! One of these days I will find something that agrees with me! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->