Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Oh and no they said the cyst has been there a while x

Hi there ladies, :hi:

Do any of you have a tilted uterus? It may be one explanation for some incidence of spotting. Someone on another forum with a tilted uterus who spotted brown blood a few days before af spoke to Dr and he said it may be due to her tipped uterus, it takes period longer to flow so she had old blood making its way out. I know my uterus is tilted. The first smear I ever had the inexperienced ( I hope!) Dr said she couldn't find my cervix and asked if I come back!! :wacko:

MZlady- I am going to try the red raspberry leaf tea this month if I can find any. Its supposed to strengthen and tone the uterus and I've heard good reviews for ttc and its recommended to take from af to ovulation. I wouldn't chance it after ovulation either but haven't got anything to lose and willing to try anything to that might help with the spotting and anything that claims to strengthen the uterus has to be good :winkwink:

Hi there,

Welcome daydream!

beck87 - My spotting usually starts out pink and then turns red. I generally don't have brown spotting. When I was temping I found my spotting started once my temps started dropping. This leads me to believe my progesterone is dropping slowly.

MrsPttc - Sounds like clomid is working for you! Good luck this cycle, your odds are looking good. Interesting about the cyst. Let us know what they say about it and spotting or if it's a problem at all.

MrsHY - Sorry the witch got you :( but glad to hear you are staying positive. It's not easy.

As for me I got a positive opk while we were away so now it's just a waiting game. I don't have a lot of hope this cycle since I was so sick the first half of my cycle. Time will tell. I hate this part of my cycle.

Hi to all,
Lala79, interesting question about the tilted uterus - I'm going for a checkup next week and will ask, as my Mom had one. No one had mentioned it to me before, but then again, I've never asked and I've heard its more common than you think. If that's the reason for my spotting, good grief I'd be so happy. I"m so worried its something more severe that will affect chances of getting a bfp.
I'm just coming up on the dates for me to start using opk, so fingers crossed I won't get as much spotting this cycle. I've been taking a b-complex vitamin, as well as folic acid, so we'll see if that impacts anything. Only for a week though, so I don't know how much time you have to be on it to see any difference...

Hi there ladies, :hi:

Do any of you have a tilted uterus? It may be one explanation for some incidence of spotting. Someone on another forum with a tilted uterus who spotted brown blood a few days before af spoke to Dr and he said it may be due to her tipped uterus, it takes period longer to flow so she had old blood making its way out. I know my uterus is tilted. The first smear I ever had the inexperienced ( I hope!) Dr said she couldn't find my cervix and asked if I come back!! :wacko:

MZlady- I am going to try the red raspberry leaf tea this month if I can find any. Its supposed to strengthen and tone the uterus and I've heard good reviews for ttc and its recommended to take from af to ovulation. I wouldn't chance it after ovulation either but haven't got anything to lose and willing to try anything to that might help with the spotting and anything that claims to strengthen the uterus has to be good :winkwink:

I actually have a titled uterus and I have never heard of that before. Thanks for the info.

MrsPttc - sorry to hear you have a cysts too - did they say what sort? Good luck with the clomid, sounds like it's going great :)

Island girl - Good luck, hoping the sickness hasn't affected your chances.

expatttc - I've read with any vitamin/supplement you need to give it 3 cycles to see the full effect really, hope it does thw trick for you.

lala - most people have a tilted uterus, tilted is considered 'normal'. It really depends which way it's tilted though - anteverted it the most common. Retroverted i think is the one that could be linked to spotting, but tbh the Dr's i've seen don't think brown spotting is left over from a period....our bodies are designed to self-clean more effectively than that, although my GP said similar (but i think he was quite dismissive of the spotting!). Brown blood is oxidised blood that has released slowly, but for me I don't feel mine is 2 weeks old from my last period tbh.

Hi, no they've not said what sort (I didn't know there were different sorts lol) just that it should burst on its own. I had another scan this morning, only 2 follies thank god, around 12-14cm so not ready to ovulate yet, got to go back for another scan wed. So hopefully DH will let us BD tonight as he refused at the weekend when there were 3! :haha: I asked if the spotting could be to do with the cyst & she says 'probably not.'Everyone I've spoken to about it seems to not be bothered about my spotting! :shrug: x

Mrs Pttc - it's good they're not bothered about the spotting :) yours is pretty late in your LP anyway isn't it? Implantation starts around 7dpo.
Re the cyst, there are endo cysts, dermoid cysts, haemorraghing cysts and 'simple' functional cysts - if they're expecting it to go on it's own yours is the last which is the best to have and most people get them at some point, usually you would'nt even knopw it had been ang gone without the U/S :)

AFM - AF is here and heavy (for me anyway). All is good though and just keen to get on with a fresh new cycle :)

Me again, woohoo!! Just found out we got NHS funding for IVF :)

Not sure why or how I managed that as I was originally told it'd be 2yrs more wait.....maybe they just wanted rid of me ;)

Hi everyone, I'm on cd16 and had a smiley face on the opk today aswell as a temp drop this morning. I'm expecting my temp to start rising over next 2days to show ovulation has happened. Is that right? Gonna have lots of sex to make sure we dont miss ov lol!
7days till progesterone blood test! Getting a bit worried about what the results might mean though :(

Hope ur all finding answers or having bfp soon! x

Nell - thats great news! How soon does that mean you can do the IVF??

MrsPTTC - good luck to you! triplets would be quite a handful, i would have avoided the :sex: as well :rofl: I hope it works for you!

I don't understand why doctors aren't more concerned with spotting. MrsHY, you should definately ask for progesterone. At the very least, its nice to not spot! even if it doesn't help with BFP.

AFM, i dont temp on weekends because I can't wake up that early, but i've been trying to ovulation strips. I feel like they are very subjective, and you can even miss the surge, so I am not sure if i ever got a positive one, and my thermometer was broken this morning, so I dont know if i ovulated this weekend or not. Today i had a big dark red clot, so i'm not optimistic about that BFP this month. Its CD23, and I haven't taken my progesterone yet because I am waiting to see if i have ovulated. Such a chore! I really want clomid. if i have no BFP by december, my doc is going to give me clomid. It can't be normal to not ovulate until 23 days after your period starts! I dont even know if i have ovulated. last time it was on CD 30! and the time before that, CD 26. I feel like by then i will have old eggs that cant be fertalized anyway.

Good luck everyone! :hugs:

Sorry AF got you Nell :hugs:. Brilliant news about the IVF!! :dance: How long do you think it'll be? Well my spotting was 9/10 dpo, at least it was when I joined the thread. But on & off for I think the last 7 months I get it from 6/7dpo. I blamed the AC at first, then the Maca, but last month I only took pre-natals so I have nothing to blame except either anovulation or the cyst. Thanks for the cyst info!

Bec it sounds like you ovulated today with your temp drop! And great that you're temping the same month as your progesterone test as I made that mistake!

Chloe, I was 'supposedly' ovulating on CD21. My FS said its in the normal range (34 day cycle) but would prefer it to be shorter, I'm hoping the clomid will do that. If you're gonna temp I would set your alarm early on a weekend, take your temp then go back to sleep, otherwise it could be hard to pinpoint ovulation. When I temp (on & off now as FS doesn't agree with it but want to compare temps when I get ovulation on clomid) I stopped bothering on a weekend or the odd weekday day off or late shift at work, unless its around my usual ovulation. Re the OPKs, this website is fab www.peeonastick.com. It might benefit you to use internet cheapies & do it twice a day. I wouldve missed my surge one cycle if I hadn't tested twice in one day. Good luck!

x :dust: x

Have any of you taken B6 to lenghten your lp and stop pre af spotting? I was advised to take 200mg of B6 to naturally raise my progesterone level and stop the pre af spotting I am just curious to know if it really works.

Chloe & mrsPttc - thanks, much to my surprise i've started today! The clinic called to say they had my paperwork and i had funding yesterday aft and as it was CD2 they said i could go in this morning for a scan and get started :).

Mzladyk - I tried Bg 50mg for one cycle but it brough forward my O to CD10, so i stopped as i didn't really feel comfortable, i've since had my vitmain b levels checked via a blood test and they are fine so not a cause of my spotting. Be careful with 200mg, that's a very high dose tbh and can give nasty side effects - i wouldn't take it without Dr's advice at that dose tbh. Usually you are best to take vitamin B in a complex not just as B6 as our bodies need the B vitamins in balance for them to be effective.

Brilliant news Nell! I have my fingers crossed for you!! x

Great news nell, u must be so excited!

I need some advice this is my first cycle taking my temp so not sure what this result means, I had positive opk yesterday with a temp drop so all looked good for ovulation, but today i got the same low temp and a negative opk also my ewcm has gone. So no temp rise and all other signs gone means I'm not ovulating doesnt it? :(
Doc said not ovulating could cause my spotting so i guess I should tell him this and with the results of next wks progesterone blood test its probably going to confirm no ov.

Any one else had this and what happened next? I guess clomid if I can get it? X x

Great news nell, u must be so excited!

I need some advice this is my first cycle taking my temp so not sure what this result means, I had positive opk yesterday with a temp drop so all looked good for ovulation, but today i got the same low temp and a negative opk also my ewcm has gone. So no temp rise and all other signs gone means I'm not ovulating doesnt it? :(
Doc said not ovulating could cause my spotting so i guess I should tell him this and with the results of next wks progesterone blood test its probably going to confirm no ov.

Any one else had this and what happened next? I guess clomid if I can get it? X x

Hey Bec, don't panic yet, continue to take your temps as you might ovulate 2-3 days AFTER your +opk. I think its too soon to tell. You might want to add a link to your chart to your signature so we can see. I didn't ovulate when i had my bloods taken & am now on clomid but unfortunately forgot to ask the FS if this couldve caused my spotting x

Thanks for the quick reply mrsP,

Iv got my chart on an app on my phone so don't think il be able to link it.
Is there a free online one I could use to link it?
Il keep temping and doing the deed everyday for next couple of days incase theres still a chance, my poor husband is getting tired out lol!

My doc did seem to think the spotting was one of two things, not ovulating leading to a lack of progesterone being released therefore early bleeding. Or just overall low progesterone in that phase of my cycle.
Sounds like our problem is the same.
Do u remember how long u had to wait for the blood results? X

Bec - i agree with Mrs Pttc, keep temping and you may have a slight delayed rise :)

Forgot to say, twas our 7th wedding anniversary at the weekend, does anyone else find 'events' a bit hard now you're TTC?
It's my birthday next month too (32), i've never been bothered by age but now it just feels like a massive reminder that this TTC malarky is really dragging. I think it's the realisation that at best i'll likely be 33 before i have my first child.....I never planned a set age for children, but i never thought i'd be 33 before my first either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->