Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi all,

MrsPttC - I'm liking the sound of a dominant follicle. Good luck! Ovulation should be any day now and I too am impressed with the level of service you are getting. Sorry to hear about the cyst. Hope it resolves itself!

MrsHY - Hope you get the progesterone. My friend took clomid and couldn't get a sticky bean but once she took clomid and progesterone she got pregnant quickly.

AFM still in the 2ww. My best friend called last night to tell me she's 12 weeks. She's knows all the trouble we're having. While I'm very happy for her I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. It's her first (she's 35) and it's a honeymoon baby so only one try....*sigh*. She doesn't even know what's an opk or what temping involves....I'm just a wee bit jealous. The best part about it is that she's a spotter. She actually spots from ovulation onwards. She had it investigated a couple of years ago and they couldn't find anthing wrong, told her to come back if she had trouble conceiving.....guess not!

Thanks ladies :hugs2:. If I ovulate I won't get any more scans though, just try the clomid for a further 5 months. I really hope it works & I'm not in for disappointment by expecting it to be a wonder cure!

:rofl: at Mrshy with her 'dildocam'

Happy weekend everyone! X

Can anyone tell me how to put a link to my fertility friend chart in my signature?

I had a temp drop then rise so thought id o'ed, but temp was straight back down to normal the next day (yesterday) then today its back up highest yet! Im confused!

My husband does have a cold so don't know if I'm coming down with it and thats made it shoot up again?
X x

I'm not sure bec as im on my phone but im sure theres a link on the FF website? I can't remember sorry x

Hi all,

MrsPttC - I'm liking the sound of a dominant follicle. Good luck! Ovulation should be any day now and I too am impressed with the level of service you are getting. Sorry to hear about the cyst. Hope it resolves itself!

MrsHY - Hope you get the progesterone. My friend took clomid and couldn't get a sticky bean but once she took clomid and progesterone she got pregnant quickly.

AFM still in the 2ww. My best friend called last night to tell me she's 12 weeks. She's knows all the trouble we're having. While I'm very happy for her I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. It's her first (she's 35) and it's a honeymoon baby so only one try....*sigh*. She doesn't even know what's an opk or what temping involves....I'm just a wee bit jealous. The best part about it is that she's a spotter. She actually spots from ovulation onwards. She had it investigated a couple of years ago and they couldn't find anthing wrong, told her to come back if she had trouble conceiving.....guess not!

Sorry you got that news hun, its a kick in the gut when that happens.:hugs: BUT on the positive side, she's a spotter & she got pg so there is hope! x

What is gnc?

GNC is a vitamin store in the US.

I got the copy of his report and everything else is good and above normal:

Volume 5.1 ml (Avg: 2.0ml)
Concentration: 94 Mil/ml (Avg: 20 mil/ml)
Motility: 70% (Avg: >50%)
Progression: 3-3+ (Avg: >3)
Total motile count: 335.6 Million
% Abnormal Morph: 91% (per labwork, looking at Kruger standard, <86% is normal, >86% <96% indeterminate result, >96% abnormal)

We'll see how the next test goes. Can't force my doctor to see that this is normal, but may just accelerate our transfer over to a RE.

I'm relieved to see that all the rest of the results are good, and hoping that after my husband starts with the fertility blend vitamins that everything will improve even more to give us the greatest chances.

The best part about it is that she's a spotter. She actually spots from ovulation onwards. She had it investigated a couple of years ago and they couldn't find anthing wrong, told her to come back if she had trouble conceiving.....guess not!

It's always hard when other people get pregnant. It's just another reminder of the fact that we can't/aren't YET. :)

But it is good to hear that she's a spotter and had such little problem getting pregnant! Very reassuring that it's not a lost cause

MrsP:

Yay for a big follicle! Fingers crossed for you over the next few days

Thanks daydream, the results sound fine to me, though I'm certainly no expert!

Wonder how come there's a red downwards thumb on my above post!! I'm sure I didn't put it there! :shrug: Weird...

x

Just got a positive opk!! Happy days & can't wait for scan tomorrow! :dance: x

hello ladies :flower:

I'm sure it's already been covered on here but I think I've "cured" my spotting by taking a vit b complex :happydance:. not even a mega dose one just Seven Seas One A Day. I've been 2 cycles now with no spotting apart from a tiny bit the day before AF (I used to spot a LOT from about 4 dpo to a couple of days before AF arrived). I'd made an appointment to see my gp about it but the spotting never came that month, when I told her about taking vit b she said a vitamin b deficiency can cause hormones to be out of balance which can lead to the endometrium shedding when it shouldn't or your cervix being sensitive and prone to bleeding. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back (unless it's implantation bleeding :winkwink:)

HTH and good luck to you all xxx

Oh, and by the way I also got pregnant during a spotty cycle (unfortunately I mc but that was due to a blighted ovum, nothing to do with spotting) so there is hope!

Thanks for sharing holymoly! I'm on my 1st clomid cycle so don't really want to mess anything up by taking any more vits, but if I don't get a BFP in a couple of cycles I might give it a go! Sorry to hear about your mc x

I had my scan today and I've ovulated!! Woo hoo :yipee:. And I got told (again) I have beautiful lining lol. I think I either ovulated yesterday or today, though only got my positive OPK yesterday and another positive today. I've played around with my temps and if it's not sky high tomorrow FF doesn't give me cross hairs! But if it's high tomorrow it confirms ovulation today, though if that's the case it must have been through the night as the follicle had burst at 8am this morning and she could see what was left of the fluid.... Interesting experiment this, temping when having scans. Maybe today's temp is a bit out of sync though as our clocks went back so took it an hour later than normal :shrug:. So I've got no more scans now, just 5 more months of clomid and we need to wait and see! :dust: x

Happyshopper - where are you, how are you doing? We've not heard from you in a while?

And how about our pregnant ladies, Morticia, Cosmos? Hope everything well!

MrsPTTC - Excellent news! Sounds like clomid is really working for you. FX you catch that egg :) I'm curious if you'll spot or not. I'm hoping you won't!

Holymoly - Glad you sorted out your spotting :) I tried b complex for a week and then stopped. Not really sure why but I didn't want to "mess" with my cycle since I was going for tests and I find I'm sensitive to most medications/vitamins. I also got pregnant on a spotty cycle but it ended in early mc.

AFM I started spotting yesterday at 7dpo. I had a little cry and then went on with my life. Feeling better today. I have an appt. with the FS at the end of the week to discuss our options. I'm assuming clomid will be next?

Just came to see how ur scan went mrs p, sounds very good!

I got cross lines on ff today after slight temp blip it seems I'm 5dpo but not sure if temp is just higher from having a slight cold. Hoping spotting doesnt come its usually around 7dpo. Blood test tues also. My friend had a bfp 10dpo so I'm gonna test from then (friday) cuz I'm inpatient lol! X x

Thanks ladies. Sorry your spotting has come Islandgrl but don't lose hope you may still get a BFP despite the spotting!! Let us know what the FS says!
Oooh good luck for Friday Bec! I think I'll be testing a week on Saturday 13DPO. I like to test on a weekend as I always think if I get my BFP I don't want to be going to work! Though I might test sooner than that! x

MrsPttc - Yay for your almost ready follicle, I've got to say i'm super impressed with the thorough monitoring you're getting :) Good luck!

MrsHY - If it helps I can tell you the progesterone suppositary doses, they are very standard (and slightly surpised the GP can't just look in the BNF - or do you mean she wants it in writing that a gynae has suggested prescribing this? - i know mine does)
Anyway crinone is 1 a day in the LP, they come in boxes of 15. They are pricey so the nhs aren't keen to prescribe. Cyclogest is 2 a day in the LP. Those are the most commonly prescribed.
Before you blow money on a Lister consult, I will just say that my experience of 2 clinics is that they're not too interested in regular cycles, more iui and ivf. I asked both about taking progesterone on my natural or clomid cycles and both just said i'd have to speak to my GP, if they're not monitoring the cycle they're not interested :(. That said, i hear good things about the Lister!
I have to say I envy the US posters, they're RE's sound much more encompassing than ours, who seem to be more IUI/IVF only clinics.

Thanks so much Nell - I thought so too to be honest (re the GP just looking it up!) but she said she's had a few ladies on different doses in her time - she recommended two consultants at the Lister to me, so I guess we'll see. I think you're right - they'll prob talk IUI and IVF pretty quickly - I would be interested to know whether they think IUI is worth a punt before IVF (my NHS consultant said the odds wouldn't be much greater than my natural cycles, if at all). xx

hey girls, anyone tried royal jelly for spotting? I tried it this month and it made my spotting come earlier but a lot lighter than usual? Gave me false hope though, then i got my AF today :o(

Sorry AF got you Star, no I've not tried that, but have heard ladies on BnB taking it, though I assume for other reasons! Hope it helps you x

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all ok. I'm still here but lurk now and again. I hope you don't mind posting even though spotting isn't so much an issue for me now.
I feel like I've made some progress this month (im currently 4dpo) but trying not to carried away.I started taking pcynogenol and rhodiola rosea this month and ovulated 3 days earlier than normal, I had 5 days of EWCM and for the first time ever some slight ovulation bleeding. Anyway, pcynogenol is excellent for AF cramps and cellulite so its all good.
Anyway, have to go but will post tomorrow. Baby dust for everyone xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->