Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Nell , We havnt had any events yet since ttc its only been 3months (spotting longer but didnt think anything of it) but i do find it a bit of a chore around ovulation as we both know the aim is a baby! I think I'm gonna invest in some new underwear ;)
Hope u had a happy anniversary! x

Nell - Terrific news about the funding for IVF! I bet it doesn't even seem real yet since it's all happening so quickly. Maybe it's a good sign ;) Happy Anniversary.

Bec87 - I would get a temp rise the day after ovulation so I'm assuming you'll get one tomorrow or the next day. Like your doctor I don't feel my progesterone is strong enough in the second half of my cycle (weak ovulation). This is self diagnosed of course!

I totally know what you mean Nell. We must be on the same wave length lately. My birthday is next week (36) and I'm feeling a bit bummed since I'm getting closer to 40. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't ttc but such is life. I went so far as to tell my husband not to even whisper Happy Birthday to me or I'd physically hurt him! lol..

Thanks for the helpful link, mrsPTTC!

bec - my doc said i had lowish progesterone after ovulation as well, which is why she gave me supplements. it only took a day for the blood work to come back, but i live in the US. Maybe different elsewhere. My progesterone came back in the normal range, but at the very bottom of this range, so who knows.

I am very confused/frustrated now. today is day 2 of spotting, but i took my temp this morning and it was the same as it was last week, and none of my OPK strips has shown a surge, so i dont know what to do now. I have progesterone supplements that i'm supposed to take to stop spotting, but if i really haven't ovluated yet, i dont want to jump the gun and take them now. has anyone seen the temp spike several days after ovulation? I'm wondering if maybe it happened on saturday or sunday, and i just haven't seen the spike yet?

Congrats on the funding for the IVF Nell:thumbup:
I'm 32 ( 33 in March) I always thought I would have had my first child by 32 and always wanted a good couple of years between the 1st and 2nd child so I could enjoy the 1st but I don't think thats even an option now. Its disheartening that its such a race against time when it comes to egg quality. My DH wanted to get married and get our house sorted out before we started trying whereas I was ready 2-3 years before we actually started ttc. I'm finding it hard not to have feelings of resentfulness towards him the longer this journey is taking since I feel that any problems would have been sorted out by now if we had started trying back then. I also wouldn't feel so irrationally upset when a colleague announces ( today) that he and his wife are having their second child and showing off their scan photos. Its so horrible to feel jealous of such a happy time for good people. Ah well, tomorrow is another day and next month is another opportunity. Fingers crossed for lots of BFP's here :flower:

Awww ladies, big :hugs: you all sound so down! :sad1:. We need some PMA, it seems like ages since we've had a BFP on here!

Bec if you go on my chart which is fertility friend & seems to be the most popular x

Oh and Bec I waited a few weeks for my results as I had a HSG too, then had to wait for an appt with the FS x

Oh no weeks! i thought days then discuss results with doc in time for clomid (if needed) for next cycle :( it will have to be the cycle after then, although doc never mentioned HSG so don't know if it will be tested for that, what is it?

Iv got a fertility friend app on my phone but it keeps counting down days til i have to pay, i'll try online tomorrow and see if I can do it free there.
Thanks for ur help MrsP x

Chloe & mrsPttc - thanks, much to my surprise i've started today! The clinic called to say they had my paperwork and i had funding yesterday aft and as it was CD2 they said i could go in this morning for a scan and get started :).

Mzladyk - I tried Bg 50mg for one cycle but it brough forward my O to CD10, so i stopped as i didn't really feel comfortable, i've since had my vitmain b levels checked via a blood test and they are fine so not a cause of my spotting. Be careful with 200mg, that's a very high dose tbh and can give nasty side effects - i wouldn't take it without Dr's advice at that dose tbh. Usually you are best to take vitamin B in a complex not just as B6 as our bodies need the B vitamins in balance for them to be effective.

Thanks for your advice

We are just coming to the end of the fourth cycle but were NTNP for a year to September.

Hi Bec, you might not have to wait as long, who was doing your test? Dr or FS? Yes you can definitely join for free but they normally upgrade your membership on a trial at first.

Well ladies I'm so happy, just had another scan & she actually used the word FAB to describe my lining!! :happydance: I've been so worried about it cos of the spotting. Still not ready to ovulate so going back Fri but shouldn't be too long before they're the right size! x

Sounds great mrsP! Fingers crossed its for ur bfp

My blood test is at the doctors sugery by a nurse so I guess it would take a week to get results back then wait for appointment with doc.

I got first temp rise this morning so think I ovulated yesterday. Although fertility friend does say I need to see 3 higher temps to confirm ov.

Does it matter that we didnt have sex the day of ovulation? We did the 3 days before but my husband has got a cold (man flu) so didnt want to. Is tonight too late?

The 2ww begins! gonna test from 10dpo just in case. Hard do stay positive when spotting is round the corner and I know disapointment awaits!

Xxx

I forgot to answer your question about the HSG bec, its an xray where they push fluid through your tubes to check they're open.

I would keep BD'ING until FF confirms ovulation. It may not be too late & no you don't need to BD the day of ovulation. I think I read the day before is best x

Well yesterday I got the news regarding my husband's SA results. She didn't give me all the numbers over the phone, so I'm going to request a copy when I pick up brown bag #2...

Apparently we've got a abnormal morphology of 91% abnormal sperm when it should be less than 86%. However from my ever-scientific googling, I'm not sure what that will mean without having the other stats from the test.

They're having him go in to take another test, so no clomid for me yet. If this next one shows the same results, we're going to go to a RE and he'll be visiting a urologist.

Not excited to get to battle both a MF issue and my spotting. But am relieved that the SA showed some normal sperm.. when you have the first test you really have no clue what you're in for!

:hugs: daydream. Sorry to hear the results. Has your DH tried Maca, its supposed to improve sperm & its not a vitamin or herb? My dh takes it & though I don't know what his results would've been before he started taking it, his SA came back pretty good! GL X

No he just has been on a normal everyday vitamin because we didn't really know what to expect. Since you suggested the maca, I researched it a bit and actually think we're going to go to GNC and get the Fertility Blend, since this specifically mentions improving morphology.

I'm interested to see how this pans out, because just from googling it appears the new threshold for normal is actually just 4% based on new guidance released in 2010. So my doctor must be looking at the old guidelines, or there must be something else in the report.

I called today and they have a copy of it waiting for me along with the new lab rec for the second test. Tomorrow morning when I pick it up hopefully I'll know a bit more.

What is gnc? Sorry! So is his morphology 9%? Just checked DH results & his was only 6% but the results say more than or equal to 4% is normal next to it! I think I googled this when we had it done & some sites were quoting 14% but like you i read they've changed the goalposts & its now 4. My DH was told that his results overall were great, on the better side of normal! :shrug: x

Update: I've had another scan & it was a different sonographer and she was really rough! Just stuck the bloody probe in, wasn't slow or gentle like the other lady :growlmad: So one follicle is way ahead of the other, my biggest one is 20mm so ovulation should happen any time (now if only I can get a +opk!!) So I'm back in on Sunday which is a strange day & means no lie in! But at least I don't need to take time off work for it. As they'd not scanned me before they did comment on how big the cyst is though, they said it was a big one :shrug: x

Yay for your great big follicle MrsP! Fx-ed you ovulate over the weekend. I know - I've had some awful dildo cam experiences in my time - it really depends on who's weilding it!
Nell - so pleased to hear you have a funded cycle! Fx-ed this is your one - I've got a good feeling about it.
As for me, cd9 today - so OPKs start tomorrow. I spoke to my GP about progesterone suppositories and she said that she'd be happy to Rx but needs guidance from a gynae as to the dosage - so I'm trying to make an appointment with one of the Consultants at the Lister to see what they think. Hell, what's another £200!
x

Can anyone tell me how to put a link to my fertility friend chart in my signature?

I had a temp drop then rise so thought id o'ed, but temp was straight back down to normal the next day (yesterday) then today its back up highest yet! Im confused!

My husband does have a cold so don't know if I'm coming down with it and thats made it shoot up again?
X x

MrsPttc - Yay for your almost ready follicle, I've got to say i'm super impressed with the thorough monitoring you're getting :) Good luck!

MrsHY - If it helps I can tell you the progesterone suppositary doses, they are very standard (and slightly surpised the GP can't just look in the BNF - or do you mean she wants it in writing that a gynae has suggested prescribing this? - i know mine does)
Anyway crinone is 1 a day in the LP, they come in boxes of 15. They are pricey so the nhs aren't keen to prescribe. Cyclogest is 2 a day in the LP. Those are the most commonly prescribed.
Before you blow money on a Lister consult, I will just say that my experience of 2 clinics is that they're not too interested in regular cycles, more iui and ivf. I asked both about taking progesterone on my natural or clomid cycles and both just said i'd have to speak to my GP, if they're not monitoring the cycle they're not interested :(. That said, i hear good things about the Lister!
I have to say I envy the US posters, they're RE's sound much more encompassing than ours, who seem to be more IUI/IVF only clinics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->