Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I just got back from my IUI this morning. We also had drama this morning with DH collecting his "contribution" But he's just used to producing HUGE samples for SAs, so this morning he was like Oh it's not enough, blah blah and had the worst attitude about it. The RE said count and motility were great. My RE is so positive though, so I'm trying to adopt that outlook. If it happens, great, otherwise on to next cycle. I'm just not stressing about it. It was a little painful when she was trying to get it exactly in the right spot, but now all is fine. I'm off work the rest of today and relaxing. DH and I are going to BD either tonight or tomorrow morning to cover our bases.

And thanks to everyone for the support! You ladies are a lifesaver!

Ah glad it went ok Daydream!! Men, they are never happy lol.

I've been crampy again today, sharp pains again but not as bad as thurs, but tonight I'm feeling AF cramps so have a feeling AF will show up tomorrow :( Had a heart to heart with DH last night, he's feeling a bit down and is impatient now, he's so ready for it. We discussed if in the worst case scenario maybe our egg & sperm aren't compatible. He said he'd be happy to get a donor if it came to it, I was shocked! :shock:. I never thought he'd go for that but I never really considered it, I thought adoption would be the last resort. I've explained IUI & IVF to him too x

Thanks for the update daydream sounds good..
Still hope AF doesn't show for you mrs pttc. You dh sounds very supportive and it's great you guys are talking openly about all your possibilities.

Afm I'm not good at all. Not due my AF for another week and woke up to bright blood this morning. I am so confused. Can't put it down to anything else other than vitamins as that is the only thing I have changed. The only thing I had right was a regular 28 day cycle and now I have messed that up. Has this happened to anyone else?

Still hope AF doesn't show for you mrs pttc. You dh sounds very supportive and it's great you guys are talking openly about all your possibilities.

Afm I'm not good at all. Not due my AF for another week and woke up to bright blood this morning. I am so confused. Can't put it down to anything else other than vitamins as that is the only thing I have changed. The only thing I had right was a regular 28 day cycle and now I have messed that up. Has this happened to anyone else?

Bright red blood

I'm pretty sure I stopped ovulating last year because of the prenatal vitamins I was taking. My cycles got progressively worse with every month I was on them. It was Pregnacare. There's a big thread on this forum about it. It appears that high doses of B12 vits could delay ovulation, although appear to be good for medicated cycles. Who the hell knows for sure. I'm basically staying away from any vitamins for the moment.

i was wondering if the vitamins i am taking could have anything to do with my mid cycle bleeding as it never happened before or after taking my bcps and now the only thing changed aside from the pills i am taking is not being on bcps....hmmm..and gl daydream!!

Dreaminghopin, that was why I thought AF was gonna show on wed morning, checked CP & it was blood rather than spotting, though it wasn't bright red. My spotting has got worse since around Jan/Feb last year, trying to think what i did different. I think I might stop all vits next cycle & just take folic acid x

Ooh and I feel AF is imminent, bfn this morning. still been getting cramps different to AF though. will test again Mon if she doesn't arrive x

I'm pretty sure I stopped ovulating last year because of the prenatal vitamins I was taking. My cycles got progressively worse with every month I was on them. It was Pregnacare. There's a big thread on this forum about it. It appears that high doses of B12 vits could delay ovulation, although appear to be good for medicated cycles. Who the hell knows for sure. I'm basically staying away from any vitamins for the moment.

Just to clarify, the vits had no effect on spotting for me. I only spot when I don't ovulate at all, never in my actual luteal phase. So in my case they might have affected follicle growth (or whichever hormones are responsible for it, there's too many involved to tell).

MrsPTTC, good luck, hun! I hope as much as humanly possible that AF does't arrive!

Aw thank you hun, I get twinges on & off. But I usually have a 11-12 day LP & am approx 10-12 dpo so AF could be any time between now & tues. Think I need to take random temps next month around ov so I can pinpoint it - I thought it would be easier & more relaxed if I didn't know but its been the opposite cos of the spotting! x

FINALLY- OPK line getting darker (but no smiley yet) on cd22!! VERY late ovulation on Clomid. Wonder if it's because I took 150mg last cycle and only 100mg this cycle?! Who knows. Anyway, an ovulation is an ovulation so SWI starts tonight!! X

MrsHY, what's SWI?? :) I googled, but can't find the TTC related abbreviation ;) There's Swiss Watch International, Strategic World Impact, etc... LOL

Sex with intent soili!!

Mrshy my ovulation was later this month too, only difference took it cd3-7 instead of 2-6

X

Yes Soili, it's an abbreviation I picked up from another forum- Sex with Intent! Problem is, I've been having SWI every bloody month since Nov 2010! I'd quite like to go back to SWithoutI!!

Hi everyone,
Its been a long time since I last posted but I took a break and its taken a while to build up the courage to say hello after so long.
I'm still spotting but I have an coploscopy appointment (for cervical ectropy) on Wednesday which is not great timing as the :witch: is coming on Tuesday. Anyway I would prefer it right after ovulation as I bled last time for 3 weeks. I've spotted since yesterday but its very light tan colour. I'm not too hopeful this month but can always dream x
Dreaminghopin, I had bright red spotting on 2dpo but then it just faded away over the next few days. If it wasn't so early I would have been convinced it was IB, although I do entertain the idea now and again before I tell myself off for falling for it again. Good luck and I'm sure that it doesn't mean you're out x
Good luck Daydream and I hope that you caught that egg a few times over xxx
Mrs PTTC we are on the same cycle day again. I hope that the witch stays away for us both. Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you
Good luck to all my fellow spotters xxx

Aw thank you hun, I get twinges on & off. But I usually have a 11-12 day LP & am approx 10-12 dpo so AF could be any time between now & tues. Think I need to take random temps next month around ov so I can pinpoint it - I thought it would be easier & more relaxed if I didn't know but its been the opposite cos of the spotting! x

That's what my plan is going to be from here on out. BBT from AF to crosshairs and then stop temping during the rest of the TWW. Just trying to maintain my sanity since the progesterone impacts my BBT anyway.

Hi everyone,
Its been a long time since I last posted but I took a break and its taken a while to build up the courage to say hello after so long.
I'm still spotting but I have an coploscopy appointment (for cervical ectropy) on Wednesday which is not great timing as the :witch: is coming on Tuesday. Anyway I would prefer it right after ovulation as I bled last time for 3 weeks. I've spotted since yesterday but its very light tan colour. I'm not too hopeful this month but can always dream x
Dreaminghopin, I had bright red spotting on 2dpo but then it just faded away over the next few days. If it wasn't so early I would have been convinced it was IB, although I do entertain the idea now and again before I tell myself off for falling for it again. Good luck and I'm sure that it doesn't mean you're out x
Good luck Daydream and I hope that you caught that egg a few times over xxx
Mrs PTTC we are on the same cycle day again. I hope that the witch stays away for us both. Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you
Good luck to all my fellow spotters xxx

Welcome back! No need for courage, we're always here with open arms. :flower:

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope we caught it too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->