Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Awww, he picked his own special day! :D Congrats Mighty, enjoy your that awesome cuddle time and happy birthday, Colton!! :cake: :happydance::happydance::happydance:

You're next, Storm!!

Congratulations mighty!

AFM: been having tightening on and off all night and now have bad lower back pain with irregular tightenings. Maybe things are starting to move!

Yay congrats Mighty!!!! I had a hooha ice pack as well, hope all is well :)

Yay congrats mighty mom!! Hope you are Colton are both well and cant wait to see a pic!!

Quick update. Baby Sabrina is doing great! We are heading home later this afternoon and I'm so excited to get home to my family.
Rainkat- I can't wait until your bundle of joy arrives and we can the girls together!! Can't wait to meet your rainbow!

Bailey- sorry that you had a bad night. I hope she's better tonight! It's definitely the best thing to do sleep when they are.

So saying that this LO doesn't like to be put down so I'm taking the snuggles while I can get them!! Can't wait for the other rainbows to arrive!!

Yay for baby Sabrina doing so good! :) Yes, very excited for the remaining rainbows to arrive!!!! :)

I've just updated the first page again and was wracking my brain trying to remember the name of Rainkats baby until I finally remembered she doesn't have a name yet lol!! Doh!
Does she have a name yet Rainkat?

How are things coming along Storm?

Ladies I was thinking of starting this thread Spring Blossoms up in the baby club forum seen as we've all had/almost had our babies now so we are all now no longer pregnant and this thread is in the pregnancy after loss forum. Do you think that's a good idea? (don't worry Storm we won't abandon you in this thread on your own lol!!)

Congrats Mighty!! I hope the ice is helping!! Send us a pic when you have a chance!

Storm- hope all is starting to move for you and your rainbow arrives soon!
Bailey- that sounds great! Once Storm has her rainbow we could move our thread like you said!

Sounds like a great idea Bailey. Still waiting here...

Went to midwife yesterday and no news really. Head not fully engaged as yet but apparently nothing to worry about as second baby. Sweep booked for Saturday (with one to follow Tuesday if the first isn't successful) and then booked in for induction a week tomorrow at term +12. Think I might go mad by then!

I hope you are all enjoying your rainbows. I really can't wait to meet mine!

Aw I hope the sweep on Saturday helps storm, I know you must be getting frustrated now! But not too long to go now Hun!

Finally coming up for air :)

She doesn't have a name yet but Baby Girl was born Wednesday May 1st at 9:45pm weighing 8lb 12oz. My midwife broke my water at 10am, contractions started just before 4pm. I spent most of my labour in the tub and moved to the bed when it was time to push. DH caught her and we cut the cord together.

Just beautiful! So cute! Love how wonderful your labour and birth went. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Colton Jacob was born this morning at 8:36am weighing 8lb 14oz and 21.5in long. Enjoying baby time and an ice pack on my hoohah. Will give a proper update later. Thanks for all the support ladies!

Yay congrats!!! And Colton has his own holiday, not sharing with Cinco de Mayo! Woohoo!!!

I've just updated the first page again and was wracking my brain trying to remember the name of Rainkats baby until I finally remembered she doesn't have a name yet lol!! Doh!
Does she have a name yet Rainkat?

How are things coming along Storm?

Ladies I was thinking of starting this thread Spring Blossoms up in the baby club forum seen as we've all had/almost had our babies now so we are all now no longer pregnant and this thread is in the pregnancy after loss forum. Do you think that's a good idea? (don't worry Storm we won't abandon you in this thread on your own lol!!)

I think that's a great idea bailey. I technically shouldn't be in this group anymore because i technically don't belong...no spring blossom here. I joined this group at the very beginning when i was supposed to be due with my June baby of 2012 and just never left. I wish you all the VERY best of luck with your rainbows and if you want to keep up with me, PLEASE follow my journal or join me in one of the other threads. I'm in lots of them. :) I'm so happy for all of you girls!!!:hugs:

Sorry for the delay, here is Colton's birth story!

On Sunday early morning I had terrible contractions. I was timing them and they were one minute long and five minutes apart. They started at 1am but never got closer together. At 5am I decided to get up and get dressed to go to the hospital. Very curiously the contractions, which had me writhing in my bed, stopped. No more signs of labor. I was pretty upset, and a little scared because if that WASN'T labor, how bad would labor be? We went to a parade, and I walked a fair distance and stood the whole time. Still no more signs of imminent labor. Every time I went to the loo I checked for bloody show or losing my plug. Nothing. By some miracle I went to bed early, and managed to fall right to a very good, deep sleep.

At 4:30am, I woke with a very painful tightening in my stomach. I figured I just needed to pee, as that had been a very familiar feeling at just the same time every morning for the last week or so. I went pee, then had a VERY strong contraction. I made note of the time, flushed and walked back to bed. I didn't even make it to the bed and another one came on. I couldn't breathe, couldn't move. Just held the bed and tippy-toed through it. After it passed I went back to the loo to try to pee again, look for show, and generally to figure out what on earth just happened. I think my hind waters broke at that point because I sort of "leaked" into the toilet, it wasn't urine as I had just went. I went back and forth between trying to go back to bed and going back to sit on the toilet to try to have a BM (maybe it was that again?) but finally at 5am I started timing them with my phone app. One minute apart! DH got up at this point to wake my mom and get ready to go to the hospital. I was trying to hold out until 5:30am as that is when the neighbor would be waking and said she could watch DD for us. At 5:20am I sent DH over to the neighbor's house with DD even though it was early because I simply couldn't take it anymore. At 5:30am we rushed to the hospital. The car ride was one long 7 minute contraction. The main entrance was closed so we had to use the emergency entrance, but DH accidentally dropped me off at the Ambulance entrance, so I had to walk to the ER entrance. One very rushed wheelchair ride later, I was in L&D. The nurse started checking me into the computer system, and it was the most aggravating thing in the world to be asked question after question after question, having to answer in between contractions and not being able to focus on mentally controlling the pain. In the end I was laying in the bed screaming through every contraction. I was very self-conscious of the fact I was screaming. I hated it. I was already 7cm dialated, but they still called the anesthesiologist to come give me an epidural. THANK GOD. I was really struggling by then. Even after the epidural I continued to feel the contractions enough to have to yell through them, although they were significantly dulled in between.
Colton was born at 8:36am after only 5 pushes. He had the cord wrapped around his neck twice, but he was just fine. It was 4 hours from the first contraction to the last, and I was basically in transition the entire time without any build up. Despite laboring down as much as possible I still ended up tearing up the same scar line I had torn with DD. But despite it all we are both doing great. :)

Wow mighty. Quite a quick birth in the end! I hope mine is so swift - if I ever go into labour that is!

Officially a week over now and beyond fed up. Midwife is coming to do a sweep today but in typical midwife fashion no time has been provided so I get to twiddle my thumbs till she arrives!

I hope everyone else is doing well and all the little rainbows are growin nicely!

Oh storm I was hoping you had already gone into labour and this was a birth update!! You must be so fed up :-(
But at least there is light at the end of the tunnel, cant be much longer now!! I hope that the sweep works for you.

Thanks Bailey. Have lost hope and thinking induction on Thursday is the only hope of evicting this baby. Cervix still long and unable to do full sweep. Another booked for Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->