Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Hi Ladies!
Congrats at finding the hb Roma! What a beautiful sound! My dh ordered a Doppler for me today so I should have it mid week.

Had a lOng day as I had to drive 2
Hours each way to ds's hockey game. Just exhausted and am craving a hamburger for dinner.

Hi yall! I have been feeling so nauseated lately. Trying to catch up!

About the gender guesses: if anyone has a 6 week scan pic, they can tell the gender with 97% accuracy. Cool, huh? The nub theory is 54% accurate. I'm still trying to find pics from DD's pregnancy to see what they would have shown.

Dopplers: Yay for everyone who can find the hb with a doppler! I consider that a major milestone! I keep waiting to buy one. I don't want to buy one and then have it arrive after a m/c. So I probably won't buy one until my 12 week scan.

AFM: Been SO exhausted lately. I just took a four hour nap! And I woke up very nauseated. I am probably dehydrated because I have a hard time swallowing anything, especially water!

Hey ladies,

Quick question, has anyone found that any of their friends who they thought would have been supportive have been unexpectedly disappointing? I have a friend who sounded pleased for me and such, but who has been distinctly absent since I told her. And also doesnt seem as excited as other people, I know it sounds silly but one friend was all "oh I am so happy for you, that scan pic is stunning, happy Aunty ***" and all this other friend said was "glad it all went ok for you hun".
Am I reading too much into that or should she seem more excited (she is a very close friend, or so I thought)?
I keep thinking maybe its me coz I havent invited her to do anything recently but thats coz I have literally been sleeping and working, and it hasnt stopped any of my other friends from at least contacting me, but I hardly hear from her now. Is anyone else experiencing this? My df thinks she is jealous, but she has always said she doesnt want kids so I dont think thats the case.

Maybe she is jealous in the sense that your attention is focused on the baby and not on her. Perhaps she feels like "all we ever talk about is the baby now :(". She could feel like your friendship is going to change once the baby is here and that you won't have time/care about her anymore, especially since she has no desire to have children herself. ?

That's pretty cool, Mighty. :)

Congrats on the hb, Roma!

Hope your Doppler comes in very soon, Marathon! :)

Hi everyone else, hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

Ooh, post it! I wonder if we can tell where the placenta is?

6 week US!

Edit: This is an abdominal scan not trans vag

Attachments

• scan22.jpg
    scan22.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 5
Ok, well because it is a belly scan, it is a mirror image. So I labeled the sides so you don't get confused.

I'm just guessing but I think the placenta is on the right, which would make it a boy. I outlined it in blue. I'm guessing that because the yolk sac is up against what I think is the placenta. But there is also a thickened lining on the right that could be it too that I outlined in pink. Maybe you could show your doctor your scan pic and ask what side the placenta was on based on the scan. :) It would be fun to see if it is accurate for you!

Attachments

• scan22.jpg
    scan22.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 7
Ok, well because it is a belly scan, it is a mirror image. So I labeled the sides so you don't get confused.

I'm just guessing but I think the placenta is on the right, which would make it a boy. I outlined it in blue. I'm guessing that because the yolk sac is up against what I think is the placenta. But there is also a thickened lining on the right that could be it too that I outlined in pink. Maybe you could show your doctor your scan pic and ask what side the placenta was on based on the scan. :) It would be fun to see if it is accurate for you!

Interesting!!!

Omg mighty I just spent about an hour researching that method and then found a thread here on bnb where some ladies were posting their 6-8week u/s pics and guessing due to that method. So since the thread was a few months old, most of the ladies who posted had their genders listed in their siggys and it was 100%! I used that method (mirroring if it was abdominal and not mirroring if it was t/v) and every time it was right!!!! How crazy!!!

Which means, if I am part of the 97.5%, we are having a boy!

Aw I didnt get a 6 week scan so wouldnt be able to get a prediction. But there is the nub theory or the skull theory that can be used with ours cheryl. The nub theory is the tailbone area ( I think) and if is pointing down its a boy (again I'm a bit hazy on that one so I think) and the skull theory says that if the forehead is more rounded its a boy, if it has a pointedness to it its a girl.

Oh and an update on my friend who has been distant, I dont know why she's been like that, but I decided to stop whinging and do something, at the end of the day if I dont then I am complaining she doesnt contact me and she's probably saying the same about me so I just texted her to see how she is. Where we go on from there who knows but at least then I know I am making an effort and not blaming her for it all when it could just be that I have been just as distant in her eyes.

Aw alright. Thts good uve left the ball in her court then...xx

Oh and an update on my friend who has been distant, I dont know why she's been like that, but I decided to stop whinging and do something, at the end of the day if I dont then I am complaining she doesnt contact me and she's probably saying the same about me so I just texted her to see how she is. Where we go on from there who knows but at least then I know I am making an effort and not blaming her for it all when it could just be that I have been just as distant in her eyes.

:thumbup:

Sounds like fun, I'll post my 6 week scan when I wake up from my morning nap. :)

Well I won't know until LO is here since we are planning on staying team yellow! TBH I am kind of dying to know but DH is ADAMANT that he wants a surprise! I even tried to tell him about the Ramzi theory this morning and he said he didn't want to know or even talk about guessing girl or boy!

Anyone else staying team yellow? I'm going to be soooo jealous of you all around 20 weeks!

Aw we're defo finding out Hun... Are u ladies getting a lot of discharge?? Sorry... I've just noticed I'm getting loads just checking it's normal??xx

Omg mighty I just spent about an hour researching that method and then found a thread here on bnb where some ladies were posting their 6-8week u/s pics and guessing due to that method. So since the thread was a few months old, most of the ladies who posted had their genders listed in their siggys and it was 100%! I used that method (mirroring if it was abdominal and not mirroring if it was t/v) and every time it was right!!!! How crazy!!!

Which means, if I am part of the 97.5%, we are having a boy!

Yeah, I must have looked at every BnB Ramzi thread and compared too. It was 100%! That's why I started to really look at it as plausible. I looked back at my scans from DD and the placenta was clearly on the left at 6 & 7 weeks. You know what is REALLY crazy? The Ramzi method is as reliable as a 20 week gender scan!! So at this point I'm saying we are having a boy until evidence proves otherwise. I can't believe I haven't heard of this method before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->