Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Roma - I am too curious so I wont be staying team yellow, and I told my df he has no say in the matter as its our first baby, I'm the one carrying him/her so maybe next time we can have a surprise if he wants lol (but he actually agreed anyway so my point was moot lol).

Cheryl - yeah I've got loads, and apparently it increases in 2nd tri eek!!

Was using my doppler again today and found the hb, and it kept going fainter and louder when I was hearing these bloopy noises, so I guess I must have been hearing him move about lol!! I really need to limit myself to how often I use the doppler I think lol!!

Well my friend has been chatting via text for a while, was nice to hear from her. I still think she'll be distant now, maybe hopefully only until the hobbit arrives, maybe she just thinks I'm boring when pregnant lol, wouldnt surprise me as I dont really ever want to go out these days!

Has anyone else got really bad pins and needles in their hands? I'm finding it really hard to sleep coz I cant lie on my stomach like I normally do coz of sore boobs, I am not comfy on my back, and if I lie on either side my hands go really numb and painful!! I've always had bad pins and needles anyway but this is every night and painful!

My hands fall asleep a lot when I lie on my side too Bailey. I think my circulation is a lot poorer now being pregnant, because my toes are cold all the time now too!

Cheryl, my discharge is hit or miss, some days there is loads and some days none :shrug: But I hear about it a lot from other ladies on here, so I assume it is totally normal!

Roma, that is amazing that you have the willpower to wait! I just couldn't, I want to start calling my bean by name asap and buying things (I am not huge on gender neutral clothes and items, not sure why) But I am awed by thinking of that moment of finding out after the birth, it seems SO magical!

Mighty, I can't believe it is as accurate as a 20week scan! How crazy to think of! My 6 week scan pic my yolk sac (and placenta) couldn't be any more to the left (transvaginal) so as much as everyone who knows so far about the baby is hoping for a girl (I already have a 10 year old stepson) I knew from the start that this would be a boy!

Aw I didnt get a 6 week scan so wouldnt be able to get a prediction. But there is the nub theory or the skull theory that can be used with ours cheryl. The nub theory is the tailbone area ( I think) and if is pointing down its a boy (again I'm a bit hazy on that one so I think) and the skull theory says that if the forehead is more rounded its a boy, if it has a pointedness to it its a girl.

Oh and an update on my friend who has been distant, I dont know why she's been like that, but I decided to stop whinging and do something, at the end of the day if I dont then I am complaining she doesnt contact me and she's probably saying the same about me so I just texted her to see how she is. Where we go on from there who knows but at least then I know I am making an effort and not blaming her for it all when it could just be that I have been just as distant in her eyes.

That's really nice that you took the initiative. Maybe she has just been very busy lately or maybe she thought YOU were being distant since you found out you are pregnant, LOL. Sometimes we think our friendships are coming apart and really we are just both waiting for the other one to call. :)

Aw we're defo finding out Hun... Are u ladies getting a lot of discharge?? Sorry... I've just noticed I'm getting loads just checking it's normal??xx

I have been. I am thinking of wearing panyliners. It's grossing me out!

Roma: I absolutely needed to know for my first, and now we are absolutely going to verify our second. With a third child we would already have clothes for either one so I would be willing to wait until birth. But I'm a planner and I want to have the nursery ready BEFORE the baby comes home. I think it must be a personality thing, because I have tried to convince myself to wait but I always think "But what about the nursery? And the bedding? And the pram?" I want everything personalized and purchased. I think that more relaxed people are able to let that go. I wish I could be like that!

Tawn: If your placenta was on the LEFT, that is a girl. :) Did you mean right?

Aw thts good then I'm also getting twinges on and off again must still be stretching lol...cx

No pins in needles here Hun... Aw thts gd about ur friend.... Xxxx

Roma~ I can be your team yellow/green buddy! :flower: DH does not believe me and thinks I'll give in at the 20 week scan. :haha:

Cheryl~ Yep! I heard I'm really in for it once the cerclage is placed... Yikes!

Bailey~ Aww, your little one is happily busy in there! :D Hopefully your friend will come around.

Mighty yup!!! I did mean right LOL! That was a total preggo brain dyslexic moment! :dohh: it is verrrrrry much to the RIGHT ;)

Anyone want to give a guess on the hobbits gender based on nub theory or skull theory? Ignoring everything I have said that I think its a boy, coz my guess is based on gut instinct. I put a thread in the second tri forum so I'll put a link below if anyone will be kind enough to have a look for me (it keeps getting ignored on the second tri forum boo!)

Hobbit gender guesses

Mighty~ Well, technically this was exactly 7 weeks but the baby still looked 6+ weeks to the ER doc that took the pic. I hope that's ok.. transvaginal ultrasound

https://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/tah_3814/0831122309_zps31cae74d.jpg

Thanks pinkorblue! I cant understand this 6 week scan method, I dont think my eyesight is good enough to see! Do you have a gut feeling on gender?

I've seen it a few times on a number of threads, but never got around to posting. I don't have the eyesight for it either lol but for those who do, it's seems like fun. :)

I had a very strong intuition with my first 2 boys. With my 3rd it didn't hit until I saw him on the US screen. Last time was the same way, I figured it would hit me once the US but ended up finding out when he was born. This time, I have to admit I'm getting thoughts of a girl out of nowhere but I believe it's a boy.

Mighty~ Well, technically this was exactly 7 weeks but the baby still looked 6+ weeks to the ER doc that took the pic. I hope that's ok.. transvaginal ultrasound

I'm guessing the placenta is on the LEFT which would make it a girl. :pink: :) You can show your doctor the scan and ask which side the placenta is on.

Attachments

• 0831122309_zps31cae74d.jpg
    0831122309_zps31cae74d.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
Thats funny coz I keep getting thoughts of a boy but now starting to think its a girl. But I still think boy, does that make sense? I think it will be a girl coz I've been so convinced its a boy lol! With my last pregnancy I was convinced it was a girl, but we never found out. Its weird how this time I am convinced its a boy. Both pregnancies have been the same so far so I dont know why I think its a different gender!

Sorry I'm rambling lol

So Mighty I am guessing the placenta has moved later on which is why the method doesnt work?

Bailey: I can't see a nub to compare, but I would guess based on the skull theory that it is a girl. :pink: :)

Horray PinkorBlue!! I honestly would find out but as I said DH insists on it being a surprise, which is good I suppose...but I want to know sooooo bad! Although it will be pretty special hearing either "it's a boy!" or "it's a girl" when the moment arrives!

I swear the suspense is going to kill me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->