Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Aw I kno I feel like I don't want to do anything lol... Feel bad for hubby cos he has to put up with all the feeling sick moans and he's not getting any :sex: cos I can't be bothered so I'm going to treat him to a French connection shirt tomoro. X

Aw bless, my df got it in the neck yesterday for eating all the sausages so he went to Asda at 10pm when he finished work and got me sausages, bacon, bread, cheese, yoghurts and loads of fruit bless him. But we havent bd'd for weeks, and I dont do anything nice for him coz I just work and rest lol!! I'm sure they understand though lol

Cheryl, maybe you can get a guess at the gender on the twelve week scan? My u/s tech said they look to see which way the little bone at the bottom points...up for a boy, down for a girl.

Did they try to guess at yours, bailey?

Btw, the Doppler I got is the sonoline b...works like a charm, but some days is easier to find the peanut than others. Mine was about $50 on fetaldoppler.net.

Day four of migraine :( had to resort to the Tylenol with codeine, but nothing seems to help. At least the ms is gone and I have more energy. Travelled for work this week and couldn't sleep, everything went wrong while I was out and asked to work from home on Friday cause I felt so sick. I teach lessons on the weekends too...and next week promises to be even worse (layoffs coming).

DH has been a blessing...don't think I could get through this without him, always watching out for me and the peanut.

We are announcing to my parents tonight...so paranoid, had to check the Doppler first thing this morning to make sure nothing had gone wrong before we tell them. I wonder if I will ever start to feel confident?

Hope everyone is well, hugs xxxxx

No they didnt try to guess mine ttc1at34, they dont like to do it at the 12 week scan here in the UK, I dont know wht. In some areas the hospitals wont tell you at all!! I think theres very few of those now though. I think its because they can never be 100% sure and there are some women who maybe in the past have tried complaining when their gender was wrong to what they had been told! Crazy isnt it?

Generally in the UK they make you wait til the 20 week scan to tell you gender I think.
I have been trying to guess myself of course lol, according to skull theory, if the babies forehead is more rounded then its a boy, if its more of a point then girl. I put a poll in the second tri forum, only 5 people have answered but 4 out of 5 of them have said girl so far lol. And here's me convinced its a boy lol!!

Sorry you are feeling so terrible ttc. Have you seen your midwife/OB/doctor about the migraine coz I was told thats a sign of high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia.

Regarding dopplers, what should the fetal heart rate be at 10w5d? I'm picking up 125-135 for short periods but it doesn't sound like a heartbeat? I put the Doppler to my own heart and heard it but what I heard from my tummy doesn't sound that way. Any tips on finding the heartbeat?

I went on youtube roma and watched some people demos where they show you the difference between your hb, your artery pumping and baby's hb. I have found that my sonoline b doppler, with my whole 2 attempts lol, it doesnt always give an accurate bpm reading depending on where the wand is. If I move it fractionally, even my own breathing sometimes makes me loose the sound and the rate on the monitor. But sometimes you can hear the sound and it isnt picking up the rate on the monitor. My baby's kept fluctuating between 130-160bpm when mine was in mode 1 (I dont know if you have a sonoline or not). Baby sounds like galloping. Anything that is you sounds more like swooshing and static. Thats my experience from having my doppler one whole day anyway lol!!!

Oh and push down and towards your pubic bone, dont be afraid to put pressure on. I went down from my belly button and tried first right below it at my hairline (sorry tmi) and moved up and around very slowly to find it.

I have a Sonoline C and I think it is a 3ghz. I'm not worried or anything about not finding it, it just seems like its kind of a piece of crap! My mom told me to send it back and spend the $$ on baby clothes! I may take her advice! :)

Roma, you might be too early to find it yet. I think generally it will be over 140, more likely around 160-170. Your artery will be around 120-30, easy to get the two confused. If you give it another week or two I am sure it will be easy to find! Also, the position of baby can change, so you might sometimes not find it or find it in a different place.

Bailey, I kind of wish they hadn't guessed...now I am getting used to the idea of a girl, will be hard to switch back if they were wrong. Maybe it's best not to know until you know for sure?

Had my blood pressure checked several times and it's always low. I guess the headaches must be from the hormones...i was getting them before AF, too. finally feeling better this afternoon, think I might go for a jog in the beautiful fall weather (nice and cool out)

Happy weekend everybody :)

Take it easy lady, dont overdo it going jogging!! I couldnt bear the thought of that, my :holly: or too sore for anything that involves jogging or running lol!! I think I am going to go swimming on my days off from now on though. And I walk a lot seen as I still havent passed my driving test!!

I dont think it matters if you have had a hint or not though hun, I have comvinced myself its a boy anyway for absolutely no reason lol, so I'll be the same as you if it turns out its a girl. Not that I care either way, as long as he/she is healthy and happy!

Roma I havent heard much about the sonoline c. It is possible its too early as they do say to use them after 12 weeks, but I do know some people can find it earlier.

I found it!!! It took a little bit of time and patience but I found it!!! Around 155 and sounded like a little choo choo train!!! I'm feeling veclempt, tawk amongst yourselves!!!

Lol, glad you found it hun, at first when I kept finding my own swooshing I kept wondering how I'd tell the difference between mine and baby's but there is a distinct difference isnt there?

Aww I'm so happy for you....its so beautiful isnt it? I recorded it on my phone so I can listen to it anytime I want lol!!

Hey ladies,

Quick question, has anyone found that any of their friends who they thought would have been supportive have been unexpectedly disappointing? I have a friend who sounded pleased for me and such, but who has been distinctly absent since I told her. And also doesnt seem as excited as other people, I know it sounds silly but one friend was all "oh I am so happy for you, that scan pic is stunning, happy Aunty ***" and all this other friend said was "glad it all went ok for you hun".
Am I reading too much into that or should she seem more excited (she is a very close friend, or so I thought)?
I keep thinking maybe its me coz I havent invited her to do anything recently but thats coz I have literally been sleeping and working, and it hasnt stopped any of my other friends from at least contacting me, but I hardly hear from her now. Is anyone else experiencing this? My df thinks she is jealous, but she has always said she doesnt want kids so I dont think thats the case.

Everything was great!! I still don't think I believe it!! And I was bang on too, baby's new edd is 5th April!! He was sleeping at first and wouldn't wake up do I had to cough and move about! He was really stubborn but then when I said "come on baby wake up" he stuck his tongue out!! Then he started kicking and wriggling away!! Soooo happy! Now time to start panicking he's ok for the 16 week Doppler!

https://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o619/baileybubs/9FA8ED2B-CC20-41B9-9501-BC74093E9FE3-8469-00000A0B0C217DD0_zps01d49c45.jpg

Perfect Bailey!!!

Soooo happy for you Baliey!!! What a perfect little man!!! You must be sooo relieved!

I had my bit of relief too as I had a scan this morning and baby is perfect at 9w5d. Strong hb of 160!! I'm over the moon! No pic this time.

Yay for you too marathongirl!!!! :happydance:

Cheryl, maybe you can get a guess at the gender on the twelve week scan? My u/s tech said they look to see which way the little bone at the bottom points...up for a boy, down for a girl.

Did they try to guess at yours, bailey?

Btw, the Doppler I got is the sonoline b...works like a charm, but some days is easier to find the peanut than others. Mine was about $50 on fetaldoppler.net.

Day four of migraine :( had to resort to the Tylenol with codeine, but nothing seems to help. At least the ms is gone and I have more energy. Travelled for work this week and couldn't sleep, everything went wrong while I was out and asked to work from home on Friday cause I felt so sick. I teach lessons on the weekends too...and next week promises to be even worse (layoffs coming).

DH has been a blessing...don't think I could get through this without him, always watching out for me and the peanut.

We are announcing to my parents tonight...so paranoid, had to check the Doppler first thing this morning to make sure nothing had gone wrong before we tell them. I wonder if I will ever start to feel confident?

Hope everyone is well, hugs xxxxx

I had nuchal in December last year at a private clinic here in the uk at 12 weeks, we were asked if we wanted to know baby's sex - he explained about the bone near the bottom and was 95% sure it was a girl. Sadly baby died shortly after so we don't know if he was right.

Mind if I join? I feel like I don't really fit in to my other April DDC, having had 7 losses and all.

A little about me and this pregnancy...I'm nearing 10 weeks, picked up my little ones HB on my doppler at 9w exactly (a relief because while we saw a healthy baby and HB at my 6w u/s, I knew from experience that it didn't guarantee a beating heart later on). Fundus is midway to bellow button, I get BH ctx a lot (normal for me, I am one of the few who notices them pretty much from the start), and for the first time in 11 pregnancies, I was ASKED if I was pregnant recently. Kind of a bummer since we are waiting to tell for quite a while still (my children don't know either, nor do my parents), but hopefully this person won't say anything. An kind of weird to think that people are noticing my belly and most must be decided that I've just gained a lot of weight. LOL

We won't find out the sex of the baby (never have), and are hoping for another unassisted homebirth!

Welcome to this thread elohcin! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"