Stalkers unite :-D (27 charts and 16 BFP's)

I had evaps too, no more IC tests for me - or testing early and not even doing temps until mid cycle and even then just for a week or so to see a shift and that's it.

My thyroid surgery is scheduled for a week from Monday, 7/29/13. I am a little scared about the pain and nervous about how things will be afterward with regard to if I will need to spend the next 6-12 months balancing my hormones to be fertile again. (Not that I am that fertile right now: TTC for 10 months). Just frustrated that I will be on the WTT list for a while... Feel free to still stalk my chart. I think I will keep tempting and monitoring CM so I have record of if there were any sudden changes as I go through the process of recovering and balancing my hormones to be safe to TTC again.

Good luck with your surgery. It sounds like it will be a long process, but hopefully it will get you your BFP in the end!

Good luck, NadiaSweety! From one lady with a busted thyroid to another, you know I'll keep my FX for you!

So ladies, I think I'll be jumping off the ttc bandwagon for now. This process is entirely too stressful and it's hard to get OH to understand that just because we bd doesn't mean that I have a chance to get pregnant every time and getting disappointed cycle after cycle is weighing heavily on me. We'll still be ntnp, and I'll still be temping because my cycles are so irregular but we're taking the trying out of it. Coming to that conclusion alone took the burden off so I'm looking forward to what happens from here.

Hi Bahamabeauty a tough thing to do, but the right decision. All of us so enthusiastically started temping back in March, now most of us in the thread don't temp much!
I used to like temping in the beginning, now I hate it.
I am glad I got an evap line on HPT last cycle which made this 2ww lot easier to handle as I don't care anymore about testing early
Good luck to everyone, it's been quite some time we had a new BFP chart, hope to see some encouraging BFP percentage

@Gkmk: I had weirdness on cheapie HPTs last cycle, too. Also done with early testing. Even done with temping/ OPKs before I have fertile CM before ovulation... taking the lazy road from here on out!

Had my surgery on Monday. Everything went very well. I spent the week at home this week resting. and feeling pretty positive. But I got a call from my doctor today that the tests were back on what they removed and they are not good. They identified it as papillary thyroid cancer and I will have to go back and have the other half of my thyroid removed with a follow up treatment of Radioactive Iodine. I will have to wait up to a year to TTC again because of the radioactive medicine. Thanks to everyone that has been so supportive. I'll be around stalking but I will be on the waiting list for a while now.

NadiaSweety, I am so sorry to hear this. And here I was thinking I had it so rough, my thoughts and prayers are with u and your family during this tough time and I'm pretty sure you'll kick cancer's ass! :flower:

Had my surgery on Monday. Everything went very well. I spent the week at home this week resting. and feeling pretty positive. But I got a call from my doctor today that the tests were back on what they removed and they are not good. They identified it as papillary thyroid cancer and I will have to go back and have the other half of my thyroid removed with a follow up treatment of Radioactive Iodine. I will have to wait up to a year to TTC again because of the radioactive medicine. Thanks to everyone that has been so supportive. I'll be around stalking but I will be on the waiting list for a while now.

Fuckers. I wish they had just taken your whole thyroid the first time, since your experience seems all too common. ::rant over::

There is no such things as a "good cancer," but the papillary form of thyroid cancer is considered "curable," which I hope is promising for you. While you are waiting, I cannot emphasize how important it is to find a good doctor to control your thyroid hormone levels, because they are so important for TTC. A lot of people crash after the complete removal of the thyroid. Here's a good list of hypothyroidism symptoms (maybe even print a copy of them): https://thyroid.about.com/cs/basics_starthere/a/hypochecklist.htm

If things aren't balanced well, which is normal at the beginning, these symptoms will sneak up on you. I was getting progressively worse for months before I realized it was my thyroid (again). I'm now on a mixture of T4 (Synthroid, levothyroxine) and T3 (Cytomel, triiodothyronine), though some people do fine with just T4 medications and others seem to only do well on the desiccated porcine hormone (Armour brand). Adding the T3 medication is the only thing that really improved my symptoms.

Please keep us posted on your recovery - maybe even start a WTT journal. Support definitely helps at times like these, and we're all here for you!

Nadia-I wish you all the best, my thoughts are with you. I hope to see you on the TTC boards when you're well :)

Nadia, sorry to hear the news. I hope all goes well and you recover quickly! :flower:

Hello ladies dose it look like ive ovulated? x

Thank you everyone for your support. I am in surprisingly good spirits considering all the craziness that has been going down in the last 3 weeks. I really feel like this is no big deal and just a delay on our way to creating our family. One could say that it is a blessing that it was discovered now and not after got pregnant or, God forbid, miscarried. I am having my second surgery next week and I have picked out a promising doctor for my hormone replacement going forward. I will keep you updated, I think I may start a journal just to get it all out for my own peace of mind. But maybe it will help someone else out in the future. Thanks again ladies! You are all awesome!

VERY glad to hear you are moving through this well and have found a competent doctor to monitor your hormone levels!

If you start a journal - post a link here, so we can follow you!

Hello ladies I think I might be ovulating today! :) what do you think?

Nadia - Prayers are with you! I hope you get through this quickly.

MissBx - Looks possible, keep BDing and see what your temps do.

hey everyone,
I just thought I'd check in and see how everyone's doing. I'm fine All things considered. But I don't want to make this about me I want to see some BFPs! Any hopefulls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->