• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting a new cycle.....come join!

Thats why it took us so long to want to try agian for another. Our son (who is 7) had the terrible 2's from 6 months till 5 years! He is very hyper active and it makes it very challenging sometimes. But the great thing is how much they learn from 3 and up, so many new things start. Each year of my sons like I say "This is my favorite age" just because of all the new things they pick up. Anyone else already have little ones at home?

Hello! Can I join in?

It's CD2 today... Just finished a 36 day cycle (usually 28, but ovulated late on CD24). This will be my first month TTC - WTT came to an end today as my coil FELL OUT :happydance: so I am taking that as a sign and I really hope it happens!!

So it's a new day, a new cycle, a new chance for that BFP... Ready?

Set...?

...GO!...

:sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex:

Of course Tasha, welcome! We are all prepared for a bunch of :bfp:'s this month, and we are going to get them!!!

Just a puppy for me. (if you couldn't guess). I wonder how my career (and my dh's) will have to change. Right now, we both travel a ton, and all we have to worry about it either finding a dog sitter or space at the local kennel. .... don't think you can put the baby at a kennel... The question will become who gets to travel and who has to say "no" to their boss... We are both on promotion and managerial paths. We both want it really badly. I can imagine our relationship will have a bit of stress ahead if we ever get pregnant. It's a convo we should probably have... :oops:

Having a baby is a large step, but no matter what is going on in your life (and you are wanting to become parents) you make it work. It does all fall into place, and if you have a system where you both get to take turns with your careers then it will be fine. You can still work and become what you want with a child. I have worked since my son was 5 weeks old, and so has my husband. We have both been able to continue with our careers (and yes there has been some very rough times) but we always seem to manage and rely on the strength of our relationship and our family to get us past those rough times. The talk is important so that you are on the same page and not in for a whole lot of surprises when the baby comes. But no matter what, once you become a parent everything becomes clearer and your life changes with you. Hope that helps a little, I just know that when we had our son, we weren't ready emotionally or financially and didn't have the talk about all the "what ifs" and we still made it work. :hugs:

Well, my husband's got 3 children from his first marriage. They range from 21 to 12 so a long time since baby days. 12 year old has really profound learning difficulties and developmental age of about 2 so knowing/living with/looking after her has been quite intense.

We too both have pretty full on careers but I feel totally at one with the thought that when (note pma) we produce, I will slow things down. Hubby is v supportive and v into equality and all which is great and I'm sure there'll be lots of give and take but I'm comfy to take the foot off the accelerator on my career for a while. My boss has a three year old and a baby on the way and she regularly misses milestones etc for the sake of work. I've watched it and it ain't for me.

Five years ago thinking this way would have horrified me but I guess you just hit various stages in your life where things work or don't and it's a case of going with where you're at any the given time.

Thank Crunchie it's Friday!

ok dont want to jinx things but in 36 min :witch: is officially late! ( i shouldnt have officiolly joined this thread until AF turned up from last month but i was soooo sure it was coming) anyway dont think :witch: is far away had spotting tiny bit yesterday tiny bit at lunch time today when i wiped but nothing since but im getting stressed and feel boiling hot! So think :witch: will turn up 2moz anyway.

Ooooo, well a lot of women have spotting in early pregnancy!! As long as it is pink or brown it is considered spotting....so maybe it is a good thing for you claire, let us know how it all works out!!!!

:dust:

good luck Claire! Keep us posted! What a journey for you so far!

jmac and conswayla, I appreciate your perspectives. My sister just had her first baby and is going through some major changes to her values in life too, which I can't relate to so that is what prompted me to think, wait a second, things just CAN'T be the same post baby.

My husband avoids tough discussions like the plague but I do think this one is important. But I will keep in mind what you both have said, because I expect that no matter what we decide right now about careers, until we actually do have a baby, we won't really know what it is we want and need to do in our new "family" world.

Hello girls, just reading back all the posts. I am prepared to back away from my career to look after the baby ~ and so do dh, :laugh2:. Problem is, we can't afford it for only one of us to work but after all the years of working I have come to realise that you are only a number and family is more important. I am in a managerial role and dh is in the construction industry.

With hindsight my thinking on this has evolved because of two things, firstly getting increasingly involved in the care of my hubby's youngest and actually enjoying it/feeling rewarded by the time we spent together and secondly having a miscarriage in 2007.

In the short time I was pg I was adamant that I'd want to still put in the hours I do now (like you Irish Eyes I'm in a managerial role which brings it's own demands) - and was convinced that this baby wasn't going to change my routine particularly but in the aftermath of the miscarriage I went through a protracted period of slow realisation that there actually were more important things in life than work and that while I could tap in and out of work focus there was only a limited amount of opportunity to create and build a family.

Not sure I'd want to give up work completely (or that we could afford to) but I definitely intend (assuming we get lucky - please, please, please) to see about doing reduced hours or cramming my hours into less days.

Mind you, all hypothetical until we get that all important BFP!

well today i offically join this thread! :witch: paying me a lovely unwanted visit :cry:

Sorry 'bout that stupid :witch: claire. erm... 8th time lucky?! xxx

But... Heya Girlies - Nice to see you all again!
After your saga last month - glad you got a chance to start your own buddy group this time Conswayla. Count me in for my first proper TTC cycle!
I've been out of the mix for a few days while I dealt with my Flo.
but I'm stocked up on pre-seed and sticks galore.
Sounds like I'm a bit ahead of you guys...
11th Jan as CD1
Ov on the 25th
testing on the 8th Feb.

I hadn't thought about testing on the 14th.
Oooh - wouldn't that be fab... We got engaged on valentines day - 6 years ago.
I don't think I've got a cocktails chance in hell of waiting 'till then.
I'm desperate to try an opk stick but ovs 8 days away!

Anyway... glad to be back (not actually glad but you know what I mean)

GOOD LUCK !!!!! SUERTE !!!!! BON CHANCE !!!!!

cazd nice to see you again! im actually due for my AF on valentines day! so if i get it it will be a bit of a bugger wont it lol my OH wont be impressed. Lets get lots of BFP's this time girls xxx

Hi Cazd!

Claire, soz AF arrived but at least now you're CD1 and ready and raring.

What a bummer Claire! Ready for another round? :)

I finally picked up the book Taking charge of your fertility, and I think I finally got convinced to start tracking BBT. But I am a mouth breather, (I have allergies and have constant nasel congestion). I am not convinced I could use the "other" methods without much movement in the mornings... like seriously?! Anyways I am going to try one month of taking my temp by the mouth and hopefully it won't be too wacky. Anyone else dealt with this?

What I liked about the BBT thing was it would help me figure out if I ovulated later than "normal" and maybe then I wouldn't have the freak out I just had about my cycle being late since I do travel so much with work. Am I correct in my understanding that once you see your temp rise, that the amount of time from ov to your period is consistent month to month and it is at that point you can guess your due date? Rather than what I am doing now which is relying on a cycle average that doesn't consider travel's influence on my ov.

snuggleboots, dont have any experience with BBT charting hun i fear if i do it will just become even more obsessed if that is humanly possible but yes im pretty sure your luteal phase of your cycle (after you ovulate) stays the same each month so you can work out when your period will be due. Do you use opk tests you can get them cheap on ebay and that will give you a good idea when you will ovulate as well. XX

oh and yep all ready for another round, im taking a battering with all these months though its starting to affect me but im sure once im a few days in and my period pains go away and i dont feel so crappy ill be ok and looking forward to another go.

Does anyone have much experience of/opinions on Preseed? I'm trying really hard to make this whole thing as natural a process as possible and am trying v hard not to start charting temperature, CM, CP etc (tho I start making random assumptions and drawing random conclusions in 2ww!) but think this might be a semi-natural helper.

Is it any good and where do you buy it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"