• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting a new cycle.....come join!

Do you use opk tests you can get them cheap on ebay and that will give you a good idea when you will ovulate as well. XX

I bought some a few days ago so I will try using them this month and compare that to the chart to see if my "mouth breathing" is going to give accurate results or not. I think I might obsess on my chart too but I fear our planning of bd around ov might be totally wrong, because my travel is delaying things. I need to get a better sense of how my ov is reacting to my monthly travel.

It is actually really interesting because I didn't realize that travel had such an effect until recently. It actually answered a ton of questions and concerns I had. For the past year, I was freaking out about why my cycle had changed so much since stoping Ortho-evra and relying soley on condoms. I thought it was the hormones that had screwed up my cycle but I think there is more to it.

When I was in high school and university, I wasn't on b/c, I didn't travel and I was regular beyond believe. Every month, it would come 4 weeks plus 2 days and I had the mental power to control what time of day my AF would start (e.g. if I had an exam that morning, it wouldn't start until I handed in my test and went to the bathroom).

Once I got my job and then went on b/c, my cycle changed to 28 days, which I attribute to the b/c. But it wasn't nearly as regular either. However, upon reflection I traveled a ton with my work. Once I stopped b/C I expected things to go back to normal. But it didn't.... so the BBT charts and OPKs will probably help me better predict my AF. If travel screws it up, atleast I have a week or two's notice about when my AF arrive, which is better than having no clue and then freaking out thinking I might be pregnant, only to be dissapointed, when the :witch: comes.

It's something that unless I stop traveling, I have a feeling will not be possible without paying closer attention.

Does anyone have much experience of/opinions on Preseed? I'm trying really hard to make this whole thing as natural a process as possible and am trying v hard not to start charting temperature, CM, CP etc (tho I start making random assumptions and drawing random conclusions in 2ww!) but think this might be a semi-natural helper.

Is it any good and where do you buy it?

I ditto this question and have begun wondering about it too.

well it did bugger all for me this month lmao! i got it of ebay thou about a tenner xx

It did nothing for me either but then there is many that have got their :bfp: after using it.

Okie i think preeseed is good if you get a bit *ahem* dry down there :blush: ermm but if not i dont think it would be needed, i have heard soooo many people say preeseed gave them a :bfp: 1st month and thats great unfortunalty its not the same story for everyone, i was so excited to use it but now i just feel let down with it to be honest. Am i using it again this cycle? hmmm maybe lol...

LOL Claire...it's a bit like using the same lottery numbers every week this isn't it? You get into doing all these quirky little things knowing that they probably do rat all for you but not doing them feels like a risky strategy as it might jinx things!

I don't think I'm going to go down the preseed route just yet. Thank you for comments girls.

Snugglebot, meant to say, travelling does change your cycle no matter what anyone tells you or the biology of how it's meant to work! I used to travel extensively with work and while the international stuff really screwed me up cycle wise, I found that even domestic travelling impacted it.

Within a couple of months of reducing my travel (or at least having predictable travel) my cycle stabilised. Have wondered though if it was more to do with the stress and strain of travelling/role I had at the time, rather than the travel itself. Not sure but I totally buy what you're saying about travel making a difference to you.

We'll be using preseed all next week :blush:
I'll let you know how we get on!

And you're right..... it is like a gamble!
I joined another cycle group last month and all the names and AF dates were listed on the 1st page.
Watching the BFPs and AFs go on there - was v exciting - adding my AF wasn't great but it made it feel like Bingo!

Well I may consider getting some for next cycle because I am travelling during my most fertile time (of course). So maybe if I use that stuff if we bd before I go, maybe it will give the little spermies a chance to live longer? Hubby is on a hunting trip himself right now so I am not sure what he will think of the idea.

The bonus would be if my travel delays my ov sufficiently until the day I get home again. I now know I need to "get it on" when I get back from trips - which :oops: happens anyways. :)

Good luck cazd!

Okie i think preeseed is good if you get a bit *ahem* dry down there :blush: ermm but if not i dont think it would be needed, i have heard soooo many people say preeseed gave them a :bfp: 1st month and thats great unfortunalty its not the same story for everyone, i was so excited to use it but now i just feel let down with it to be honest. Am i using it again this cycle? hmmm maybe lol...

To be honest Claire, I was only using it because I heard about so many people getting their :bfp: with it but to be honest dh said I didn't need it. :rofl: KWIM

CD12 Sorry ladies, I was so busy this weekend I didn't make it on, which sometimes is a good thing since I wasn't thinking constantly about it. So I was talk to a friend of mine who has 3 little ones, and with her first they tried for a year and a half with no luck, so they went to the doctors and the doc told them that they were BDing too much. That they should onyl do it every 3 days because the fresh sperm can kill old sperm and old sperm will kill fresh sperm, so everyday that they did it, they were just killing to sperm. And once they started doing it every 3 days they conceived that same month. I have no idea how true it is, some say to "save" the sperm. Some say to do it every 1-2 days. So I am trying it out this month. BD on CD 8, CD 11 and then I will do it again CD 14. I know it is risky and I am sure it will happen more then that since DH hates waiting :rofl:

In my journal I mentioned my experience with temping. I know it is a a very usefull tool for many women, and it helps them with their ovulation but I will not do it again.

Anyway didn't mean to make this so long...O day should be Jan 21 or 22. My CM has laready been some what EW and stretchy (tmi) and my CP has moved up and soft already, althoguh this morning it was down a but and more firm, so I am approaching it!

:dust:

Hiya! Love your CP analysis - I remember that from last time!
I haven't been testing mine for long enough to tell a difference but I'm tracking it on fertilityfriend so hopefully it'll show a pattern soon.
All my books say to :sex: every other day so I've marked it in the diary for tonight onwards!
Did my first opk today - totally negative - but I'm looking forward to seeing it change.

Well, last cycle I bded every other day, then every 3 days in my fertile week and the day I got my first pos opk, ov and the day after and it didn't work.

So I am going down the route of doing it every day during fertile week. You heard all different stories you just don't know what to believe.

Its true you never know what to believe, and what might work for some people may not work for others. I will just go with the flow. I don't want to not BD enough that it doesn't work, but I don't want to over do it if thats not going to help either. I am in my fertile week now....this is the easy part. I am not looking forward to the 2ww!!

I only used the preeseed cos i thought i would get a :bfp: straight away so serves me right really, and my OH said it was like having sex with a waterslide! lovely! :rofl:

I am confused about how often to BD as well! we have been doing it every day for like 8 days straight and i wondering if the sperm just isnt strong enough, last month we did it like 6 days in a row and then i bloody ovulated late and my OH was so knackered the day i got my strongest opk he just couldnt manage it :blush: so its like :muaha: what do you do, im going for every other night this month starting when :witch: leaves me probs tomoz will be the last day she is here then i can get on with a couple of weeks of seriosus BD (doesnt help that my OH is absolutly flat out at work at the min and is working 12 hours a day) still i havent given him no :sex: since my last ovulation so he must be gagging :rofl:

xx

LOL LOL LOL Claire, I like your thinking. Hold out so that by fertile time he'll be too keen to think about it being fertile time and get stage fright. LOL...

I've done exactly the same without realising...lol...

haha didnt do it on purpose its just after so much sex for like a week and half i just need a break! haha

haha didnt do it on purpose its just after so much sex for like a week and half i just need a break! haha
\

That can be hard on us thats for sure! Its like breathing to men though, they need all the time to survive!

My hubby comes home tonight! I haven't seen him in a week and a half! I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->