Still producing milk?!?

bubble pop

Reaction score
Sorry I'm really not too sure where to post this so hoping someone can help....

I had a miscarriage 12th May this year. I was 12 weeks. I've had 2 almost 'regular cycles' since. Well they were on time & lasted a few days. Still didn't seem the same as before though.
Anyway, yesterday my boobs were a little uncomfortable and when I checked my nipples seemed a little wet. So i squeezed my nipple and milk came out. Some clear, some white - is this normal almost 5 months on?

I should add that this was my second pregnancy. I stopped breast feeding my daughter at the beginning of the last pregnancy. So about 6 months ago.
Could there still be milk 6 months on?!?
At this time she only had one - two feeds a day. And they were only short.

Thanks for reading. Hope you can help!

It can be, in some women it can take a year or more after stopping BF for milk to completely dry up but it's important to get it checked as it can also be caused by a benign tumour in the brain which is not sinister but can cause headaches and other issues so really needs to be monitored and possibly treated, or may be a hormonal imbalance of some sort. Also if you are on SSRI meds producing milk is an uncommon side effect xx

so sorry for your loss :(

I breastfed my daughter for 13 months, so it was for a while, and I got pregnant with our 2nd when she was about 19 month, I was not leaking, but still producing, even though I had stopped bfing her over 6 months ago. It wasn't until I was well into my 2nd trimester that I finally stopped producing, so for me that would make it close to 8 months before I "dried up" then of course I had my son and started producing again. I think for some women it can be totally normal.

:hugs:

I was very similar to lockandkey. Stopped bfing at 15.5 months and fell pregnant again when my DD was 18 months. I actually had a chemical pregnancy in the middle too.

Throughout 1st tri I could still squeeze milk out, I dried up in 2nd tri and actually I was about 35 weeks before any colostrum appeared - I was expressing and freezing colostrum due to diabetes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->