Stocking filler budget?

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
In my head I had £15 as a budget for stocking filler presents for my toddler. I've already spent £12 and don't feel like I've got him much!

Do you have a budget for yours?

Most years I go ott and end up at £50! This year my budgets £25.

I don't have a whole budget as such, but none of the items can cost more than £5. Of course, if they're all £4.99 it can get pretty pricey!

I usually spend around $30 which i think is around $15 pound?

Could you maybe go to the pound shop and get a few more cheap things? Like some stickers and small pad, one of those magic flannels, smll tubs playdoh etc??

I find if i put a little teddy in there is fills up space, i am getting my dd a scooby doo plush,so should take up a bit of room.

My budget is around $20 (USD). I usually just go to the dollar store and can find a whole bunch of neat little things to fill it up with. We do have really narrow, smallish stockings though so they're easy to fill. I like the idea of a plush above, I've done that before and it really does fill things up nicely.

I go along the lines of no more than £5per item but end up with too much or it doesn't fit.

Im just putting all there small things in there. they are young and wont have much idea but as they get older it would make sense that I have a budget.

im putting in mostly things they need but a character version - toothbrush, shampoo, detangling spray, flannel. then iv got books and small plastic toys and sweeties
I used to always get things that did look cheap but were funny/food/useful

I don't have a budget but I'd guess I spend around £15 per child. Most of it is super cheap, little bits like bouncy balls, punch ball balloons, bubbles etc which cost about 20p each. I also put character toothpaste, bubble bath etc which I would buy anyway and that fills it up pretty quickly.

We don't have a set budget but wouldn't go overboard, I've got a Lego miniset for ds which was £5 on sale so that'll be his most expensive stocking filler, don't think I've spent more than £2 on anything else & we always finish with a plush too! I'd guess we'll be around the £30/£35 mark for both x

i mostly try to stick to £1 per item with a couple of more expensive bits say £3-£5

no specific budget though

I do find it quite easy to fill up my son's stocking with cheap but nice little things. However, I also do a stocking for my OH and my mum, and those can get a bit pricey. I try to stick to the no more than £5 rule, but it can be difficult to get nice things for adults for that price. Anyone else do adult stockings?

No budget really but probably spend between £10-£15 .

Gosh, I spend a lot on my dd's stocking :blush: She only get's 4 presents under the tree, the stocking is her gift from Santa so I like to put good quality and useful things in there. I easily spent £50 last year, probably more this year.

I get her pants, socks, soft toy, one or two traditional stocking toys, books, stickers, art stuff etc plus the obligatory satsuma and £1 coin and shove it all in a large woolly fishing sock:haha:

Want to get her this microscope and think it's perfect for her stocking rather than under the tree.
https://www.myriadonline.co.uk/product-images/1_science_Mikroskop.gif

No, i don't budget anything for it. It's basically just where dump anything small that looks crappy once wrapped haha. ya know those awkward tiny things. It usually ends up being a stocking full of hot wheels tbh. so probably around 20 pounds worth of stuff.

I do find it quite easy to fill up my son's stocking with cheap but nice little things. However, I also do a stocking for my OH and my mum, and those can get a bit pricey. I try to stick to the no more than £5 rule, but it can be difficult to get nice things for adults for that price. Anyone else do adult stockings?

I usually do OH a stocking. Found some. I've found some nice bits in the works (it's a bookstore). Got him a mini chess set and mini maze puzzle all under £5 each

I don't have a budget, but I tend to stick to things at are only £1-2 each.

I'll probably end up spending around €30 on Emily's stocking, I got her a pack of Ben & Holly figures in Smyth's & must still get new crayons, little colouring books, chocolate coins/santas, maybe a cheap teddy & few bits from Penney's (Primark) - character socks & pants etc

https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/marmaduke81/SAM_0090_zps58c583b1.jpg
Daisy's stocking is really big (my childhood stocking) so I probably spend £50+ to fill it. I think the most expensive items I have so far are packs of top trumps at around £4.80.
My stocking on Christmas morning is one of my favourite memories so I try to do the same for her. How my mum had the patience to wrap & fill four of these I'll never know. x

I got some cool wee retro type things from crafty crocodile there brilliant and really cheap I also get a few bits for the Christmas eve bag I had a threat where I posted some of the pics it's things like the wee parachute men there like 15p well worth a look for stocking fillers x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->