Stocking filler budget?

Gosh, I spend a lot on my dd's stocking :blush: She only get's 4 presents under the tree, the stocking is her gift from Santa so I like to put good quality and useful things in there. I easily spent £50 last year, probably more this year.

I get her pants, socks, soft toy, one or two traditional stocking toys, books, stickers, art stuff etc plus the obligatory satsuma and £1 coin and shove it all in a large woolly fishing sock:haha:

Want to get her this microscope and think it's perfect for her stocking rather than under the tree.
https://www.myriadonline.co.uk/product-images/1_science_Mikroskop.gif

This sounds perfect to me :flower: We had similar when I was growing up, Santa would bring the stocking only with the usual satsuma/craft stuff/small toys. The rest of the presents under the tree were from family.

This year, from Santa my boys will get a pen and pencil set to share (massive case thing from Rymans), and each an electric train to go with their Brio. Plus small toys like balls, a Christmas book, soft toy, and a really cool pretend space laser gun :haha: Santa brings one big toy each, this year its the Brio trains as they are quite pricey. Logan did want a tablet but thats open for discussion :haha:

I include the cost of the stocking in the overall budget. Santa only brings stockings here and they are rather large (toddler sized I made them myself) so they can include more high priced items like a DVDs or small Lego set. I also include some more practical items like pyjamas but character ones I wouldn't automatically buy.

https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/marmaduke81/SAM_0090_zps58c583b1.jpg
Daisy's stocking is really big (my childhood stocking) so I probably spend £50+ to fill it. I think the most expensive items I have so far are packs of top trumps at around £4.80.
My stocking on Christmas morning is one of my favourite memories so I try to do the same for her. How my mum had the patience to wrap & fill four of these I'll never know. x

My mum has since admitted that she wrapped our stocking presents because it took us longer to open them, so she'd get longer in bed. She still does a stocking for me and my brother, and I still insist she wrap everything for tradition's sake. She is not best pleased with me :xmas13:

I do find it quite easy to fill up my son's stocking with cheap but nice little things. However, I also do a stocking for my OH and my mum, and those can get a bit pricey. I try to stick to the no more than £5 rule, but it can be difficult to get nice things for adults for that price. Anyone else do adult stockings?

I usually do OH a stocking. Found some. I've found some nice bits in the works (it's a bookstore). Got him a mini chess set and mini maze puzzle all under £5 each

Thanks, I might take a look there, although he rarely has the patience for things like that. He's a big kid really, I ought to just do the same for him as I do my 3 year old :haha:

I do find it quite easy to fill up my son's stocking with cheap but nice little things. However, I also do a stocking for my OH and my mum, and those can get a bit pricey. I try to stick to the no more than £5 rule, but it can be difficult to get nice things for adults for that price. Anyone else do adult stockings?

I usually do OH a stocking. Found some. I've found some nice bits in the works (it's a bookstore). Got him a mini chess set and mini maze puzzle all under £5 each

Thanks, I might take a look there, although he rarely has the patience for things like that. He's a big kid really, I ought to just do the same for him as I do my 3 year old :haha:

Mine is too. Last year he had toy soilders and wrestling figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->