• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Thanks pinkpandy! I hope you get your answer soon. Limbo sucks!

Same to you mininun. I hope it's implantation bleeding. FX!

How is everyone doing? The brownish discharge from yesterday has turned to light pink CM/very light spotting, so maybe AF is on her way after all? I'm so over this cycle!

I'm so over this too! Day 53/19 DPO and no AF and all BFNs. I asked my OB GYN about it and she said to give it another month.. I'm so frustrated!! I just got the book "the fertility diet" and am going to start implementing some of the things it says.. Supposedly it helps women with ovulation disorders so it can't hurt to try. I already eat healthy but the 2 things I don't do that the book says helps a lot is full-fat dairy (1 serving a day) and more plant based protein vs animal. So I'm gonna try.. Anything to help!!

Oh I'm so sorry the doctor couldn't give you any answers, Ajangel! A month is literally forever when you are TTC and needing everything to function properly. I'm sure the new eating plan will help - and give you something else to focus on so hopefully lifting some of the stress.

Oh I hope that is something other than AF, mininun.

Ajangel, I'm sorry your Dr isn't being very helpful. You made me remember about full fat dairy, I had to have a blizzard from dairy queen. LOL

Oh also I hope it helps. I too have been eating more nuts to help fertility cause of their hugh protein. Also, been eating spinach. Of course I did grapefruit juice for almost a week.

Hey ladies - I might start trying to add more of those foods to my diet. I eat pretty healthy now, but more spinach, plant-based protein wouldn't hurt at all.

AF arrived in full force late yesterday afternoon - as if this cycle wasn't weird enough. I always start in the early morning! Wtf. Anyway, I'm glad something finally happened, although I was really hoping for a BFP. On to the next cycle I guess.

Hello! I'm new here. I posted this in another place yesterday, but maybe I should have put it here? I stopped taking my birth control pills after 13 years and had a 2 day bleed(which had been normal for me.) So my cd 1 was 7/14/15. On cd 15 and 17 I had a lot of cramps and just one time had brownish spotting. When I say spotting, I mean a good amount of brownish ewcm each day just at one time during the day. I've had light cramping off and on throughout the entire cycle. Did you guys experience that? The first time I saw it I was excited because I thought it meant I was ovulating, but now I'm not so sure. It's probably just my body adjusting.

Mininun :hugs: I'm sorry it wasn't a bfp. I'm glad you did get out of limbo.

Ajangel, anything for you?

Pinkpandy, what about you?

Welcome, snoopy. I'm sorry but I didn't experience any midcycle spotting. I dif have the weirdest AF on the 7th of July. I think it was wacky because I did not ovulate. It can take some time for your body to adjust after stopping the pill. I know it is hard. When you want to be pregnant so bad and your body isn't cooperating. Best of luck. Also, you may want to consider bbt or opks. It should help. Good luck!

Well I had some blood levels drawn and my TSH was high and estrogen low. They put me on thyroid meds but haven't gotten back to me about my estrogen.. It's really upsetting me because I shouldn't have low estrogen at my age! :-(

Well I had some blood levels drawn and my TSH was high and estrogen low. They put me on thyroid meds but haven't gotten back to me about my estrogen.. It's really upsetting me because I shouldn't have low estrogen at my age! :-(

Oh that stinks. I hope that your Dr can help get you sorted. I don't care what they say, it may be reversible but bcp can wreak havoc to your body. Your body has to figure out what to do again. :hugs: I'll be praying your hormones return to normal and you get your bfp soon!

AFM, 3dpo no symptoms but I'm not spotting them either. I have been doing the ic opks because I'm OCD. Test line was only a faint line like on cycle day 12 (9 days before CB advanced digital opk peak). So now I'm feeling more confident about it's accuracy. I'm sorry I've been obsessive with this but I think this is first time I've ovulated, 3 months after stopping the pill. So yeah. I now feel comfortable to stop opks this cycle :)

Aww thanks fleuky :) and woohoo for ovulating flueky!! I'm going into my 3rd month now too so hopefully I'll follow in your footsteps and ovulate too! I'm actually going to try acupuncture this week to see if it can help me ovulate. AF never came after all and I'm not pregnant so I guess I never did ovulate and it's nearly 60 days of nothing. So hopefully maybe acupuncture will help.. I'll let you know how it goes!

Ajangel, I hope the acupuncture helps. I've read positive things about it. I also hope you follow in my footsteps and ovulate. I wanted to cry some days because I felt hopeless. Most of the articles say that you should ovulate in a couple weeks after stopping bcp no matter how long you were on it. I honestly haven't read many women having this experience. I think its more like I you stopped corticosteroids. Our bodies are having to learn what to do again. Maybe this is completely ignorant but it's how I feel about it.

Anyways, please let us know how it works out and I'll be praying for you! :)

Ajangel, I hope the acupuncture helps. I've read positive things about it. I also hope you follow in my footsteps and ovulate. I wanted to cry some days because I felt hopeless. Most of the articles say that you should ovulate in a couple weeks after stopping bcp no matter how long you were on it. I honestly haven't read many women having this experience. I think its more like I you stopped corticosteroids. Our bodies are having to learn what to do again. Maybe this is completely ignorant but it's how I feel about it.

Anyways, please let us know how it works out and I'll be praying for you! :)

I have definitely cried haha. I was hoping everything would go back to normal after the pill but nope. I read a statistic that only 1 percent of women haven't had a period at the 3 month mark post pill.. 4 more weeks and I'm there :( I talked to my friend who is a midwife though and she said the same thing as you did, basically you're giving yourself estrogen with the pill then you take it away and you're body has to re learn what to do. But it's still super frustrating!

Acupuncture is Friday I'm looking forward to it!

Ajangel when should you hear back about your estrogen? Keep us posted.

AF is over for me now, so just waiting to ovulate. I so hope that this is my month. And all of yours as well!

Oh I agree it is super frustrating Ajangel, I'm glad your acupuncture appt is coming up. Please let us know how it goes.

Mininun glad AF I over, hope its not a long wait to O. Thank you! I hope it's all of ours month :) :dust:

Afm, 6dpo. I was tired all day but now wide awake. Had some mild nausea and (tmi) gassy. Good luck everyone

Hey ladies. How's everyone doing?

Ajangel- glad you at least got some answers.

I'm at cd 40 so 21 dpo. No sign of af. I've been reading though that the first few months off bcp you could be having "normal" cycles just af doesn't come like it should. But you could still ovulate at the regular time. This of course made no sense to me because don't you have to do one to do the other. I'm pretty annoyed though. I've even lost the will to temp in the morning. So I'm just going to pay attention to cm for a while. And basically not try too hard until Im having regular cycles.

Sorry to hear that pinkpandy. I hate limbo. It's so frustrating. I hope you get some peace of mind soon.

Afm, I'm exhausted this evening. I had insomnia last night and legs felt restless. I fell asleep ago watching my "homework" for my job :S. I just kinda feel out today for whatever reason. I'm 7dpo so it's still early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->