Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Ajangel yup I have a small one added to my already existing belly pooch. I can still wear my jeans with a hairband to extend them slightly. I'm in that is she overweight or pregnant stage. I still weigh less than when I found out I was pregnant too so I guess it's really bump.

Just checking in! I wanted to get an update but it's been a crazy few days. Baby's tests act 24 hours all came back ok except jaundice. Doctor was willing to let me go home but only if I went to the walk in clinic affiliated with our clinic the next day (reg office closed on weekends) to get her retested. I didn't want to take my 2 day old tova walk in clinic with lots of germs so we stayed a second day at the hospital. Her second day test was good enough to go home but high enough we had to go in for a 3rd test on Monday. At least then we went to the doctor office. I'm now just waiting on those results to see if she needs to go back in today or not.

Breastfeeding is going well! She latches really well and feeds well, I'm blessed about that. She does much better on one side though so my right nipple is really sore because She won't latch real well and k have to keep breaking and relatching. And half way through she will decide to readjust her latch and just get the nipple :wacko:

I'm so in love. <3

During the day she sleeps so well, will sleep 3-4 hours between feedings and then feeds very well at night though she cluster feeds all night and won't sleep unless she's on one of our chests against skin. I almost lost my mind a couple nights ago. It baffles me how she's so clinging at night but so easy during the day!

Anyway... there's my update :) DH has been great around the house where he can help. He feels bad I'm up all night and he sleeps but he can't feed her so I just wake him when I really need help or she's extra fussy.

Hope everyone else is doing good!

Flueky - so exciting you're getting a bump! :)

Just checking in! I wanted to get an update but it's been a crazy few days. Baby's tests act 24 hours all came back ok except jaundice. Doctor was willing to let me go home but only if I went to the walk in clinic affiliated with our clinic the next day (reg office closed on weekends) to get her retested. I didn't want to take my 2 day old tova walk in clinic with lots of germs so we stayed a second day at the hospital. Her second day test was good enough to go home but high enough we had to go in for a 3rd test on Monday. At least then we went to the doctor office. I'm now just waiting on those results to see if she needs to go back in today or not.

Breastfeeding is going well! She latches really well and feeds well, I'm blessed about that. She does much better on one side though so my right nipple is really sore because She won't latch real well and k have to keep breaking and relatching. And half way through she will decide to readjust her latch and just get the nipple :wacko:

I'm so in love. <3

During the day she sleeps so well, will sleep 3-4 hours between feedings and then feeds very well at night though she cluster feeds all night and won't sleep unless she's on one of our chests against skin. I almost lost my mind a couple nights ago. It baffles me how she's so clinging at night but so easy during the day!

Anyway... there's my update :) DH has been great around the house where he can help. He feels bad I'm up all night and he sleeps but he can't feed her so I just wake him when I really need help or she's extra fussy.

Hope everyone else is doing good!

Flueky - so exciting you're getting a bump! :)
Yay you had your baby. It was the same with dd. still is. She did better on one side than the other and loved night time snuggles. We still co sleep at almost 14 months and she cluster feeds at night still too. Jaundice is really normal and bf can even contribute. Dd had that for a while. Congrats

Angel glad melody is breastfeeding well. Also hope the jaundice has cleared up. I know I have awhile but it gets me excited to meet my LO :)

Yay angel I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little one.

Fluek Im so excited your getting a belly..

Afm, being overweight I'm 13 weeks and I already have a belly.. Which I'm very self Conscious about. I'm on my way to the gym actually to start swimming again which I'm so happy about!!

https://i66.tinypic.com/v4a3xy.jpg

Thanks all! I've added a couple pics of Melody!

Her jaundice is in normal range now! Yay! After 6 hours of continuous feeding and fussing last night where we couldn't put her down for more than 15 minutes I decided to try to co sleep out of desperation (since she was sleeping if I left her on my chest or in my arms but not if I put her in the basinette). It worked and she slept for 3 hours!! I was so nervous the whole time though that I kept waking up every 15 mins to check on her. Today I've been waking her every 2.5-3 hours to feed in an attempt to hopefully adjust her schedule a little and feed a little less tonight. We'll see how that goes.

Gagrl - good luck at the gym! I worked out regularly up through 30 ish weeks and it made me feel so much better about weight and stuff during the whole pregnancy. I think you're looking pretty good :) I was starting to show at 12-13 weeks too.

Flueky - I can't wait until you have your LO! :)

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2695.jpg
    IMG_2695.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
Angel she's gorgeous and so happy her levels are normal :)

Gagrlinpitt I started to get my bump at 13 weeks too. I still need to start exercising. I'm so bad about that. I do enjoy walks when it's nicer weather. I wish I had a private indoor pool sometimes, I really love swimming.

Appt went well today, nothing special just usual. BP and weight check, urine check, symptom check, and doppler. She found the heart beat immediately it was kinda funny. Then lil jedi started to move away some hehe. Heart rate was 150s so I'm happy about that. Well I better go to bed. Thank God tomorrow is Friday:)

How's everyone doing? I thought of something today as I was realizing that I'm finally not as insanely sore as I have been, and wanted to pass on the BEST advice I was given by someone before going to give birth:

I was told to either a) bring my own Toilet Paper to the hospital because theirs is like sandpaper OR b) buy the cottonelle moist wipe things. I went for the moist wipes even though I have never used them before. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE. I've been using them since I gave birth and they are amazing, especially if you are swollen and sore.

I had to have a couple stitches after birth so I've been really swollen and they are the best thing! (that combined with TUCKS - witch hazel pads).

Gag- you look great!! How are you feeling?

Flukey- I wanna see your bump! I'm so glad everything is going well. Do you feel like it's a boy or girl? Will you find out?

Angel- she's gorgeous!! So glad you are both doing well! And you could use toilet paper or wipes?? I had to use the squirt bottle for a couple weeks in place of toilet paper and just dab with a wipe &#128556;although I did have 2 2nd degree tears from this naughty boy being sunny side up so maybe that's why lol.

Aj I'm doing well. Had to get my GTT fine today. That drunk is disgusting and I'm so tired now. I hope that doesn't mean I failed.

Gag is that the one for gestational diabetes? If so I also felt tired and kind of nauseas and I passed!

Yeah. They are making me do it early because of my weight. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Just slept for an hour.

Ajangel - I have to use the squirt bottle too. But they said afterwards to pat dry with toilet paper. Since hospital toilet paper is rough and thin I opted to bring my wipes - and since they are cool they felt felt good against me while I was still swollen and raw. I'm still using the squirt bottle and wipes for probably another week.

Gagrl - that stuff is nasty! I hated it. Did you do 1 hour or 3 hour? I felt awful after both f them. I didn't pass the 1 hour but I passed the 3 hour. Regardless it's normal to feel really awful After. FX you pass!

Ajangel - I have to use the squirt bottle too. But they said afterwards to pat dry with toilet paper. Since hospital toilet paper is rough and thin I opted to bring my wipes - and since they are cool they felt felt good against me while I was still swollen and raw. I'm still using the squirt bottle and wipes for probably another week.

Gagrl - that stuff is nasty! I hated it. Did you do 1 hour or 3 hour? I felt awful after both f them. I didn't pass the 1 hour but I passed the 3 hour. Regardless it's normal to feel really awful After. FX you pass!

1hour.. I guess anyone who's BMI is over 30 had to do one first trimester now.

Angel- ohh that makes sense, I thought you meant to wipe haha! That is a good idea, it would have felt better for sure, wish I thought of that! I also used lots of dermaplast!

Angel, I'll have to make a note of that. I aging cheap toilet paper feels awful.

Ajangel, DH doesn't want me to share bump pics. I think I may finally start taking them this Thursday.

Gagrlinpitt I know you didn't update here but I saw you failed the 1 hr. Don't feel bad as I've heard lots of women failing 1 hr but passing 3 hr. You aren't a bad mom either way though.

AFM sleeping on my back is starting to get a bit weird feeling so I'm resigning to switch between left and right sides now.

Fluek thanks!! I am praying I pass the 3 hour.. I'm not looking forward to it at all.. Even if I pass in going to start on the GD diet to help minimize weight gain and because I have to retest at 25 weeks.

Flukey- oh I understand, it's okay! Maybe just take them for yourself, it's fun to compare as the weeks go on and look back. I want to share pics of my baby too but am too afraid of posting online so I understand!

Baby had her wellness growth check yesterday (10 days old, they did a check at 3 days when they did her last jaundice check). In the last week she's grown half an inch in height, and gained 9 oz (back to birth weight! woot! She had lost 9 oz from birth to day 3). Doctor says she made huge jumps, and so she's not quite worried about her anymore (I Didn't know she was worried to begin with! :wacko: ) and that explains all the insane feeding she's been doing. Poor kid is expending a lot of energy growing!

She also told me not to stress about letting her sleep with us. I moved her into our bed the last few nights because at night she won't go more than 20-30 minutes sleeping alone (during the day she'll sleep a couple hours without waking, but not at night) and I was getting no sleep and was on the brink of hysteria. In my bed she sleeps 3-4 hours if I let her cuddle with me where she can touch me. I know all the "don't let baby sleep with you" things and my doctor was like "meh, just be safe and do what you got to do. If you aren't sleeping you're not help to baby. As long as you love baby, feed baby, and get sleep then you are doing okay". Did I mention I <3 My doctor?! I'm so glad that she's both my OB and our Pediatrician.

Ajangel - I tried the dermaplast, but both times i used it I felt like it was burning and I felt worse instead of better! :wacko: I think I might have a mild allergy or something :shrug:

GaGrl - I failed the 1 hour also but passed the 3 hour. When you go bring stuff to do to keep you occupied and definitely bring a couple high protein snacks to eat as soon as you're done because you'er going to feel weak and sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->