Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Thanks for the tip angel.. I'm really nervous about it. I'm going on Saturday.

Angel- we also cosleep and have since he was a newborn. I didn't plan to but he also wouldn't sleep unless with me and I was exhausted!! I was really nervous to because of how everyone is negative about it and I was paranoid I would hurt him. But when he's with me I don't move around at all! We ended up getting something similar to this https://www.target.com/p/summer-infant-swaddleme-by-your-side-sleeper-gray-stripe/-/A-17069760

And now he sleeps in there half the night and in my arms the other half.

Ajangel - That looks like a good thing to use! Our bassinet is actually a cross between a bassinet and a cosleeper. It stands on an adjustable leg so we can adjust the height. It's designed sit just above or just on top of the edge of the bed, and the sides are mesh/see-through so it's kind of like a cosleeper in that sense. And the set up allows the bassinet itself to swivel and move forward/backward a little so I can rock her in it, or just swivel it out of the way so I can get out of bed more easily (or pull it closer/further from the edge of the bed).

Right now I'm working on getting her to sleep in it during the day for naps and once I get that down I'll start working night time sleeping in. For now, I just like to be able to sleep! :) Plus, side lying nursing is so easy if I just leave my breast out she'll reattach herself if she's hungry most of the time and there's a lot less fussing (although I run the real risk of becoming a human pacifier :haha: )

Angel- oh wow your bassinet sounds awesome!! I do the side laying nursing thing too hehe. I'm definitely a human pacifier sometimes!! It's the magic trick to calm him down - always works!! he won't take a real pacifier 😬

It really is an awesome thing! It was kind of expensive but we splurged on it since everything else we got was very cheap or free. We're big fans of gently used items so I think this bassinet is the only item we bought new (except car seat). Melody won't take a pacifier either. I'm not really upset about that because I don't really want to have to wean her off it later, but there are some days I know she just wants to suck and I'm tired.

Today she's extra fussy and has been awake since 8am (it's noon). Usually she's up about 40 mins before sleeping an hour or two. I finally got her to settle down about 10 mins ago by stripping us both down and doing skin to skin nursing. Now she's passed out on my chest and I don't dare put her down. Lol. I guess today we are going to cuddle o the couch and watch tv so she can sleep.

Angel I'm sure you'll treasure moments like that though.. Just laying with her.

AFM, I have my next appointment on Wednesday and I'm going to discuss birthing options with my doctor. My step dad who's an ob is pretty sure I'm going to be pushed to have a section since I fractured my pelvis in three places and when your pelvis heals from a fracture it narrows. Although that makes me extremely nervous and anxious I have to do what's best for peanut.

My dh and I also discussed finding out the gender. I want to do a small gender reveal with close friends and family. My husband wants to know right away. So we came up with a compromise. We will have the tech put it in an envelope and my husband will open it on his own. Then I will find out during the gender reveal with everyone else... Hopefully that will make both of us happy..

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and hope everyone is well. We are going for anatomy scan Thursday and can't wait 😊😊

Fluek - just a couple more days!!! I have to wait until 20 weeks so I have 3.5 more weeks to go...

I'm saying girl!

Thanks ajangel and Gagrlinpitt:)

AJANGEL how's your lil man?

Gagrlinpitt yeah I'm glad I'm getting mine a week early it's like the suspense is killing me. Hope your 3.5 weeks go by fast :)

Gag- I guess boy! Haha.

Let us know flukey I'm dying to know!! My LO is doing great, growing like a weed. He just turned 6 months! He's 20lbs, a little chunky guy. He can sit on his own and we just started some solid foods. I'm now dairy, soy, and nut free because he was getting so gassy and crying from the pain and when I eliminated all that he got so much better. He still wakes up a lot but it's okay. I'm currently sick with a cold and praying he doesn't get it!

How are you and your LO angel?

Gagrlinpitt you were right about little girl :) oh did you pass 3 hr get? Also I'm voting boy for you

AJANGEL I'm glad to hear he's well. I hope you get better soon and he doesn't catch it.

I've been having trouble getting Melody to sleep more than a few minutes during the day unless being held. I managed to get her to sleep in her swing for up to two and a half hours but don't want to do that every time because I don't want her to become used to sleeping only when rocking. Today I tried putting her down on her boppy lounger instead of her bassinet and she's slept there (turned slightly on her side instead of flat on her back) for two naps ,both times for a little over an hour! I'm so relieved that I was able to get some stuff done finally! I think she just likes being on her side, and the comfort of having something close around her (like the swing or the sides of the lounger).

FX that this keeps working!

Fluek yay!! Are you so excited?!?

I passed my 3hr GTT with flying colors!!!

Angel sorry about having trouble getting melody to sleep

Gagrlinpitt I am. I was happy with either gender but pretty excited to bring a baby girl into the mix since I have 2 nephews. Oh and so happy to hear you passed 3 hr test. I'd heard most women pass it so I thought you would :)

That's so exciting you're having a girl!! Do you have any ideas for names?

Fluek- yeah I heard that too. Since I have to do it again at 25 weeks he is OK with me going right into the 3hr again.

As far as gender on one hand Im hoping for a girl since I have 7 nephew's and only 1 niece, but on the other hand all our friends here have girls so a boy wouldn't upset me at all.. Thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->