• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Fleuky- after that one day if EWCM it went away and no more ovulation signs since :-( grrrr hopefully it means it's coming though! Did you have EWCM weeks before you finally ovulated? A few days ago my OPK was darker than its been (but still negative) and then today it was light again. So frustrating!

Mini- Ahhhhh I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations!!

Congrats mininun!

Thanks flukey88...is there anything you did to ovulate or just waited it out?

Mininun, huge congrats!! So happy for you!

Ajangel, I had 2days of it and I O the 2nd day of ewcm. I'll be hoping it was a short surge. If you aren't confident keep testing.

Not so easy, I waited it out. I did drink grapefruit juice for a week then O'd I think 3-4 weeks later. Not sure if it helped or not. I relaxed and I think that helped most.

Hi how is everyone doing??

I'm still waiting to ovulate, cd 102 now! 2 weeks ago I had EWCM and a nearly positive OPK but then the EW went away and OPKs went light. They seem to be getting a little darker now though so I'm hoping maybe my body will try to ovulate again!

CD 19 here. Not sure if I ovulated because I'm not temping or using opks. I had a lot more CM than usual from about CD9 to CD12 and had side cramping around those times too (with it being most prominent on CD13). I hope I ovulated!

I hope so AJangel! That has got to be pure torture.

Starlight, good luck.

I'd been doing opks halfheartedly. I'm relaxing about ttc and if it happens great, if not that's okay. I can wait. Not going back on the pill though.

I finally got my first positive OPK!! Hopefully it's not a fluke and I'll really ovulate.. But even if I don't I'm thrilled that my body is finally trying!

Starlight-I hope you ovulated too!

Flueky- I'm feeling the same way, if it happens cool but if not that's ok. I really just want my body to work at this point haha

I've been having cramping sensations on and off for the past week or so. It's mostly on my right side/lower abdominal but I had some of the same sensation this morning on my left side too. Is this AF about to come? I haven't had a period without being on the pill for a long time... is this what a typical pre-period feels like?

Woohoo, AJangel so happy you got your first positive opk :)

Starlight, everyone is different so it is hard to say. I was symptom spotting and noticed cramping on one side then another. It turned out to be an indication of nothing to me.

We BD yesterday in case the side pain is a late ovulation (CD 25 today). If I ovulated on CD13/14 though like I originally thought, I hope next week is a bfp or AF so I know that my body is regulating after so many years of bcp!

My first AF arrived today after stopping BC, nearly 4 months later! I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get a BFP since we timed BD'ing perfectly.. But I'm also thrilled that I finally ovulated after all this time. Sheesh!!

How are you fleuky?
Mininun how's your pregnancy??
Pinkpandy and starlight how are you??

Hey AJangel. Glad you finally got your AF, been better if BFP though. I'm kinda ntnp as my cycle is going everlong and I'm feeling frustrated. I have appt with gyn next month. Good luck this cycle!

Oh man fleuky how long is this cycle? Have you taken a pregnancy test?

I did last week, BFN. I'm in the 40s I think for cycle day. I was just hoping since I finally ovulated I would have a better 2nd cycle. Not sure when I'll take one again maybe next week, but not felt like I've ovulated yet.

I've ordered some vitex. Nearing cycle day 50 :( I hope it helps my hormones out.

Good luck fleuky!! Lemme know how it works- I ordered some a few weeks ago but haven't tried it yet. My first cycle was 116 days, I'm on cd 10 now and hoping it'll be MUCH shorter!

Thanks Ajangel. I should be getting it Thursday so I'll start Friday morning. I'm on cycle day 52 I think. Had some brown spotting today but I don't believe I have ovulated yet so who knows. I'm very excited to try it. I was hoping I could regulate on my own but I'm too impatient. I mean ovulating once in 6 months, that's pretty patient. Anyways, I'm hoping you the best and a shorter cycle :)

Hello, I am new to these forums and would love to join your conversation. My hubby and I have been together for 8 years, married 4 years and we suffered a miscarriage when we were both 18 (we're 24 now). Once we got married at 20, we decided to not really try but not prevent getting preggers either. Went on for 4 years like that and absolutely nothing!

So about 6 months ago I got back on the nuvaring to try and even out my cycles, thinking that was the problem since I'm a little off sometimes. Well I took it out on Sept. 13th so we could TTC again and never put one back in. So this is my first cycle off BC.
Well on Oct. 1st (CD18 counting from my withdrawal bleed) I started spotting...and it hasn't stopped yet. I am now going on day 12 of bleeding. I called my gyn this past Friday to ask about the bleeding and she was no help at all. She told me to wait it out through the weekend and see if it gets worse and take a HPT on Monday to see if it's positive. BTW, I was supposed to start my AF yesterday and that's when I got cramps from hell and started to bleed a little more. Still not AF worthy though... So I'm going to call them back tomorrow and request an appointment to get everything checked out (blood work, ultrasound, pap, the works) because this is just not normal! I've been driving myself crazy reading all these horror stories of women taking their nuvaring out and spotting for up to 6 months!! The last time I was on the nuvaring, I forgot to put one back in and got pregnant on the first cycle (which resulted in the MC). I'm so tired of this, and I can't TTC if I'm bleeding all the time!!

I'm just so glad I found a place to vent and I've read the majority of this thread already and y'all are so supportive of each other...it made me comfortable enough to come forward with my problem. I know my hubby is probably tired of listening to me talk about this all the time, even though he's too much of a gentleman to say it to my face. :shy: :-#

Hi, emmy-Jo! Trust me we know how frustrating it is. I also feel like I drive my DH crazy! I hope that you get your appt and get some answers. Let us know how things go :)

Thanks for the warm welcome! :hi:

Oh yeah, I know I'm definitely bothering my hubby now... I told him this morning that I'm going to call the doctor for an appointment since I'm still bleeding and he said, "Good because I'm a little tired of hearing about your period." Hahaha, whoops. I suppose I've been more vocal than I thought. :shy:

Never got around to calling my gyn today, unfortunately. I got really busy, but I'm hoping I can get in later this week. I need answers!

When I first got off birth control, I swear I had every preggo symptom in the book! I read that's common because of regulating hormones and whatnot, but damn! I for sure thought I was pregnant. My goal was to get pregnant the first cycle, like I did last time I got off BC, but to actually carry to term this time. BUT NOPE! No such luck this time around. I'm planning on temping, using OPKs and maybe this Preseed I've heard a lot about, once this bleeding stops, which I hope is soon! I gotta say, I'm not exactly a patient person! :headspin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->