Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

I think I got my positive opk, finally on cycle day 25!!! I'm so excited!!! I think the vitex is working!!! Sorry I could seriously jump around and show the picture of my text on my phone to everyone and say, " Guess who just got an LH surge!?". Sorry AJangel just insanely happy. Also, my interview is tomorrow but I was told I have it (just formalities and bureaucracy).

So you are 9dpo the most common implant day :) so excited for tomorrow for both of us! :)

Yay fleuky I'm so happy for you!! And no need to apologize, I was the same way!! I texted my husband my positive OPK and was like omg look!! LOL. I wanted to tell everyone too but was like hmm nobody will get it haha. But anyways I'm thrilled for you!! CD 25 is sooo much better than 40s. Fingers crossed for you to conceive!!

So yesterday was 9dpo and when I checked CM it was a tiny bit blood streaked (TMI) so I figured AF would be here this morning but it's not! I'm secretly hoping it was implantation bleeding but I think most likely AF is on its way. Which is disappointing but at the same time happy that at least I'm ovulating! I tested this morning and BFN.

BTW, did you ever see your GYN after all?

And AF came. Darnet! I guess the b6 didn't do much for my LP :(

I'm sorry Ajangel, AF is such a bummer when ttc. Is this your second full cycle off bcp? I hope next cycle you LP goes back to normal.

Gyn appt is the 11th. I sent an email though patient portal asking about discussing cycles since it's actually for a pap. Oh and my opk was still pretty dark but not as dark today. I will test out til faint I think.

Well I hope you have a good weekend. I'm getting taking charge of your fertility in the mail tomorrow. Very excited to read it :)

Ajangel, I was thinking. Have you thought about vitex? It is supposed to also lengthen LP. Just research and decide if it's for you.

Afm, I now have bbt thermometer and my opk is really faint. I'm counting myself 2dpo unless I have returning signs of fertility. I finished reading tcoyf already :) I'm feeling more confident about my body now.

Well I hope AF is over soon for you and we both get our bfps this cycle :)

Yep that was my second cycle off BC! I can't believe I've only had 2 cycles in 6 months. So not fair! But hoping I'll keep ovulating now! I'm going to up my b6 dosage and see if that makes a difference. How many days between your positive ovulation tests and when you've started your period have you had? I actually got some vitex and want to try it for lengthening my LP but I was reading if suppresses FSH and estrogen? Would that be bad if my estrogen is already low early in my cycle? I've been trying to find some info on that. But I've heard really great things!

I hope your appt goes well! I made one the 16th to discuss my cycles too. Are you tracking temp now?

I hope this is our month!!

Yes that is beyond ridiculous. I hope your body remembers it's cycle now. Okay, I'm not sure about that if estrogen is low. The first ovulatory cycle was like a 9-10 day LP. My second ovulatory cycle is I actually didn't do opk just based off my cm and pains. It was a 13 day LP I believe.

Yup I started midcycle but that's okay. I know next one if there is a next one will be more important. I'm practicing lol ;)

Hope you ladies don't mind that I join this thread! I am 26, DH is 26, and I was on bcp for 8 years. I had my last period on Oct 24 and that was my last month taking bcp (I actually quit midcycle so my last active pill was taken on Oct 16). Waiting to see what my cycle will do. DH swears up and down that I'm pregnant already but how long does bc actually stay in your body? Saw my gyno today and she says to keep track of my cycle and let the bc flush out. Hoping for a BFP sooner rather than later!

Hi Abmonny! Welcome! The BCPs don't really stay in your system long, they are technically out quickly after you stop. The problem is it can take a long time sometimes for your body to get the memo of how to ovulate on its own again! Some people get pregnant right away but I didn't start ovulating until 4 months after stopping the pill. Hopefully that won't be the case for you though!!

Hi Ajangel! Thanks for the info, I hope my body regulates my cycle. How long were you on bcp?

I was on it 8 years as well. i think I'm just a fluke though because I read somewhere almost all women will have a period by 3 months after stopping. I know plenty of women who got pregnant the first month off though, so don't stress! But also don't stress if it takes your body a little while to regulate :)

Hi ABmommy. I agree with AJangel. Try not to stress. I'm another one that took3 -4 months to O again. The hormones are out fast just our body forgets what to do. This is not the case for everyone though. Also, I was on BC 10 years. Keep us updated :)

Thanks! I will update. Just trying to not think about it. Hard when DH keeps saying "you're pregnant, you're pregnant" and I have to keep saying no I doubt it honey.

I hope so too! I'm probably gonna wait for AF to be late based on a 28 day cycle before I test. Since I don't know how my cycles will be.

That's hard for me. If I could see into the future and know. Are you going to temp, opks, or anything if AF does show.

Honestly, I was so against temping in the beginning, but I wish I would of. I'm fairly certain I am Oing but would be nice to know without a doubt.

Well, I'm fixing to get ready for appt. I'm kinda nervous they won't believe me about the vitex or think I exaggerated the acne. I guess we will see how it goes.

Good luck Flueky let us know how it goes! I'm on CD 5 now so I'll probably start OPKs again on cd 10. I'm hoping this is my month!! I see my doc in a week to ask about my short luteal phase. I did get my progesterone drawn 7 dpo last cycle so I guess I'll find out results when I go Monday.

I told DH I wanted to get opks but he said we don't need them. Bad to say, but I might just get some anyway and test in secret...shhhh. I just know we're both anxious to be pregnant so I might as well do something to make it happen!

Hope this it for you AJangel and hope your appt goes well too.

ABmommy, I used the wondfo opks off amazon, very cheap and I don't have problems with them so just an ideal as some of store once are quite pricy.

Afm, I'm having TSH and prolactin levels drawn here in the next couple minutes or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->