• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Also new here, second post!

DH and I decided to TTC October 10th. Stopped my pill IMMEDIATELY because I couldn't contain myself however I was only half way through the pack. 3 days later the withdrawal bleeding started, and so I guess I am now on CD 3 out of ???. I am prayingggg that I miraculously have a perfect short period and a perfect cycle with an O somewhere in the middle... I am fully prepared, got my OPKs and HPTs, ordered a good BBT online, got my fertility friend app tracking my every move.

Unfortunately I am already completed overwhelmingly obsessed. And it's day 3 and possibly will not have a regular cycle in the near future (which would probably change my attitude pretty quickly to NTNP)... I need to give this a break! Who knows how long this period will last or if I'll O anytime soon...

Any suggestions on how to quash the initial excitement/obsessions???

Ivana baby I was the same way.. And didn't ovulate or have a period until 4 months after stopping the pill! So now I wish I wouldn't have stressed so much when I first got off as it was useless since I didn't even ovulate haha. I'm on my second cycle now and praying it's much shorter but not getting my hopes up again! I hope you have a much better post pill experience though!!

Just wanted to come back to update you guys that I am pregnant and have an u/s scheduled for this week! Please pray baby is looking good and we hear a heartbeat!!!

Emmy Jo, any updates? My biggest advice is to try to be patient. I know it's hard, but I've learned. Everyone is different after stopping bfp but try not to be discouraged. A lot of ladies like bbt, too much stress for me. I like to enjoy sleeping in for as long as I can too ;) oh and good luck!

IvanaBaby, maybe pick up a hobby to distract yourself. I started coloring for a bit. I also worked on my garden in the summer. Good luck!

AJangel, how are you doing?

Starlight, very huge congrats! So great to hear success stories. Praying for healthy bean :)

Afm, started vitex Thursday and so far no side effects. It's not fast acting at regulating your hormones but that is okay. I'm optimistic that this will help me get on track. Knowing I've ovulated twice is reassuring. I was getting scared that I wouldn't ovulate and therefore never get pregnant. I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Congrats starlight!!

How many mg are you taking fleuky? I've read great things about vitex.. I may end up trying it as well.

I'm on cd 17 now waiting to ovulate. I had egg white cm for a couple days but then it left and I never had a positive OPK and my temps never shift so I haven't ovulated. I'm hoping my body's trying but I have a feeling this will be another long cycle.. I just hope it's not another 4 month one!

800 mg daily. I take 2 400mg caps in a.m. I read its best in a.m. on empty stomach so I take it about 30 minutes before eating.

I was scares to try before cause I didn't know if I'd regulate but I've waited 6 months so I figure why not. I hope it's not too long of a cycle, 4 months is beyond ridiculous. I'd say it'll probably be shorter than 4 months this time

Hey y'all, sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I've been trying to occupy myself and it's not really working... even with school and getting the house ready so we can sell it and move, I'm still constantly thinking about TTC..

ATM, My spotting finally stopped on the 14th and now I'm still waiting to O.. I've been tracking my temp, using OPKs, and actually resorted to checking my cervix (sorry if TMI). My temps are pretty stable now, and my cervix is getting higher and softer with a definite opening now so I know I'm going to ovulate soon but all my OPKs come back negative. Maybe my LH levels are too low to pick up??

I've also started taking a bunch of vitamins since the 14th. I've researched them all and they're safe to take together.
Prenatals
Vitex 1200mg
Maca 500mg
B6 and B-complex
Extra 400mg of folic acid

I'm going to add Omega 3's and maybe more vitamin C to the list once I can get out to the store. Starting to get really impatient that this month is moving by so slowly... I'm on CD 15 now and still no O.. I hope it comes soon!

Emmy Jo, I hope you O soon too! I don't know anything about checking cervix. I notice CM when wiping but that's the closest I get. I'm glad the spotting stopped. I don't get a chance to post every day, so don't worry.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Emmy jo, I also temp and do opks and check cervix and CM. I found my cervix to b unreliable as it changed all the time with no real meaning! I know it works well for other women though. Any positive OPKs yet?

Flukey how's the vitex?

I'm on cd 23 now still waiting to ovulate. I had fertile CM for 10 days but haven't ovulated yet.. My body is nuts!

Ajangel, my acne is so much better and I'm feeling better. I've not started opks yet. I may tomorrow, cycle day 14 :) hoping for a shorter cycle

Did you finally start AF then Flueky?? I think last time I had heard from you, you were cd 50-something! And woohoo maybe it's working then! I'm going to give it another week or 2 and if I don't ovulate by then I may start it too!

Yeah I may have forgot to say my period came on the 12th of October. I started Vitex the 15th. I'll definitely let you know I I helps with more than just my skin lol

Ohh awesome flueky! I'm so glad your cycle finally ended..waiting is horrible. I got a positive OPK yesterday and this morning CD 24 and 25, so hoping I ovulate! It's hard to figure out BD timing when you have no clue when you'll ovulate. So if you have 2 positive OPKs but on the second day it gets lighter as the day goes on..does that mean that you ovulated right after the second positive one? I'm kinda confused!

They say you ovulate anywhere from 12 -48 hours after positive opk. I would probably count 2 days after first positive as O day to play it safe. I'm very happy to hear about your positive opk. I'll be testing shortly. Not expecting a positive though on cycle day 15 as I've not had any fertile cm.

I think it was 2 days after my first positive, based off temps! So I'm about 5 days post ovulation now. No symptoms of anything right now so I guess we'll see!

How exciting AJangel! Hope this is it for you :) keep me updated :)

Afm, been doing opks like every other day. Negative and no fertile cm. My face is much clearer. I ovulated cycle day 24 and 39 before so just waiting. Today is cycle day 21. FX O will happen by Sunday the 8th.

Thank you fleuky!! My chart is looking really promising but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. I'm 8dpo now. Any positive OPKs yet??

So glad your chart is looking good :)

No positive yet, had a small bit of watery cm yesterday so I'm hoping O I almost here. Was feeling really down since Sunday about ttc, but now I've been offered a management job so my mind will be consumed by if I should do it or not. Anyways, enough about me.

Are you going to test early or wait it out?

Funny you mention the new job- I just took a management position too! I started this week. It's definitely keeping my mind off of things! What day are you on? I ovulated day 26 this time.

I'll early test just because I can't wait. Last cycle my period came 10dpo so I may start testing then if it doesn't show. I'm taking b6 to try to lengthen the luteal phase.. Hoping it'll work!

I'm thinking I'll take the job, it'll be good on a resume I nothing else. Plus off on holidays :) well unless its my weekend. Cycle day 24 I think my body may be gearing up for O. I hope so. I ovulated 34 then 39. So maybe vitex will boost me. Would like to before 30.

Will be anxious for Friday. I've heard good things about b6 lengthening the luteal phase :) I've got my FX for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->