Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

I'm with you Flueky. Waiting for AF to leave (even though she just started :haha: ). :/ if I O according to FF then I'll be testing again right at the end of March.

Gagrlin - hopefully you'll have nice regular cycles right away but sometimes hormonal bcp can make cycles irregular or odd for a few cycles. sorry your test was bfn do you have any signs AF may be here soon?

Nothing other then the soreness in my nipples becoming less. To be honest it's been 8 years since I've had a period, and I don't remember all the pre period symptoms.

Honestly, you may not get all the symptoms again in the first few cycles because, like you said, it might take your body some time to start producing the right amount of progesterone. When I stopped bcp the first several cycles for me were long (40 days long) but my AF was really light (about 3 days of very light bleeding) and I had no AF symptoms - no cramping no sore boobs, nothing. Pretty sure it was because after 15 years of bcp my body couldn't remember how to produce the progesterone. lol

Only in the last 3-4 months am I getting a regular cycle length (about 27 days) and getting pre-AF symptoms (sore boobs, etc) and my AF is returning to a more "normal" one like I remember from before bcp (with cramping, etc). Hopefully yours doesn't take that long to regulate. It sucks but at this point all you can do is wait for you body to decide to start AF. Blah. I remember that first cycle after bcp. It sucked. I just wanted to start making a baby and I was trying to wait until at least getting my first "real" period after bcp.

Honestly, you may not get all the symptoms again in the first few cycles because, like you said, it might take your body some time to start producing the right amount of progesterone. When I stopped bcp the first several cycles for me were long (40 days long) but my AF was really light (about 3 days of very light bleeding) and I had no AF symptoms - no cramping no sore boobs, nothing. Pretty sure it was because after 15 years of bcp my body couldn't remember how to produce the progesterone. lol

Only in the last 3-4 months am I getting a regular cycle length (about 27 days) and getting pre-AF symptoms (sore boobs, etc) and my AF is returning to a more "normal" one like I remember from before bcp (with cramping, etc). Hopefully yours doesn't take that long to regulate. It sucks but at this point all you can do is wait for you body to decide to start AF. Blah. I remember that first cycle after bcp. It sucked. I just wanted to start making a baby and I was trying to wait until at least getting my first "real" period after bcp.

Yeah it's frustrating. According to my step dad who is an obgyn, the IUD is different because it's not in your system sort of speak. As soon as it comes out the progesterone is gone. With pills it's a bit different. He doesn't even tell his patients to use protection after the mirena is taken out. My doctor told me to wait for first AF just to lower risk of miscarriage.

Oh, that makes sense. Hopefully you get AF soon so you can be ready to start! :)

Hope you guys are having a good weekend!!

Gagrlin- oh that's interesting! So it doesn't build up in your system like pills? I was thinking about the copper IUD after this baby but not sure yet.

Hope you guys are having a good weekend!!

Gagrlin- oh that's interesting! So it doesn't build up in your system like pills? I was thinking about the copper IUD after this baby but not sure yet.

Exactly! Just with the paraguard.. I've heard that because it has no hormones that your periods will get worse.

I'm considering what type of BC to use after we finally get pregnant and I've decided no more hormonal bc. I'm done with that. So either a non hormonal IUD or well Just use FAM until we are done having kids and then I'll considering tying tubes or vasectomy or whatever. At my age we don't want to put too many years between our kids because I don't want to be too old and be high risk but we do want probably 2 kids. No point in going onto hormones again, especially if ot takes this long to regulate again

I'm considering what type of BC to use after we finally get pregnant and I've decided no more hormonal bc. I'm done with that. So either a non hormonal IUD or well Just use FAM until we are done having kids and then I'll considering tying tubes or vasectomy or whatever. At my age we don't want to put too many years between our kids because I don't want to be too old and be high risk but we do want probably 2 kids. No point in going onto hormones again, especially if ot takes this long to regulate again

I think FAM is what I'm doing into we are done.. We only want two kids (although I have always had a feeling I was going to have twins as they run in my family alot). Once we are done we will either do a vasectomy or tubal too. I think hormonal BC had just wrecked enough havoc on my body.

Yeah I'm thinking FAM at the moment. I'm not really interested in IUD or hormonal bcp. Condoms, bleh!! Well ladies I hope you all have had a good weekend :)

I've also thought of FAM but since my cycles are so wacky I'm not sure how well it would work?? I'd have EWCM weeks before I actually ovulated... Ugh. Well hopefully my cycles will eventually regulate and then I could use it!

By the way ladies.. Still no AF. Here is my Kindara chart.. It doesn't help I started temping three weeks after so I'm not sure what's going on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 3
Gagarlin- even though the hormones are out of your system now it may take your body a little bit to figure out what to do and how to ovulate again!

I agree with AJangel, as far as your chart it's hard to tell. Hope you get your answer soon.

I second (third?) What the ladies have said, I know that they say that the IUD doesn't build up the hormones like the pill but it can still take your body a little while to figure out how to produce it's own based on some of the reading I've done from other women who had them. If you don't get AF in a certain amount of time will they give you something to force it? Or do you just wait until you get it?

AFM - I had my RE appointment today. I really like the clinic we are going to. They were so nice, very personable. The doctor is very kind, and didn't at all brush anything I said off and provided us with lots of information, which I really appreciate.

We will start doing tests next cycle. I'm going to have a very very busy month of April. I have to call on CD1 and then go on CD3 to have ultrasound (to look at lining thickness) and to do hormone tests. Then I call the radiology department and schedule a dye test to look at my uterus and make sure tubes are open and uterus shape is okay. This sounds incredibly painful and not at all pleasant (they warned me that some women say it's just like painful cramps, but other women have said it felt like childbirth without an epidural). Then I go back around CD12-18 somewhere to look at follicles and lining and hormone testing and then once I Ov I go back again to check hormones again.

Basically, this next cycle will be very busy. After that we can make some decisions about what needs to be done. He said that his concern right now isn't infertility but with recurrent losses because I've had 2 chemicals. This actually was relieving to hear because my previous doctor just brushed aside my CPs as not a big deal, and that really bothered me.

So I can't go in and start testing until next cycle (sucks because I'm at CD4-5 today and he said I missed starting the testing by about 2 days because they are very time sensitive tests) but DH can have his analysis done at any time so he'll prob go in a couple weeks and take care of that. I feel so relieved just to have someone else watching my cycle and help us! And they are there literally 7 days a week because they know that a woman can't control their cycle so I can literally call any day.

They said they won't even talk to me about forcing a period until May

May?! Wow! I would have thought that 6 weeks or so would have been normal. guess they want to give your body time to adjust..

May?! Wow! I would have thought that 6 weeks or so would have been normal. guess they want to give your body time to adjust..

They said usual time is 6-8 weeks but they said call back if I don't get it by May..

Although my husband and I kind of threw the condoms out of the window because the smell made me sick and we were using the withdraw method until yesterday.. Umm we got a bit rambunctious and yeah.... It was a bit too late for that lol. Since the mirena has been out, my libido skyrocketed.

They said usual time is 6-8 weeks but they said call back if I don't get it by May..

Although my husband and I kind of threw the condoms out of the window because the smell made me sick and we were using the withdraw method until yesterday.. Umm we got a bit rambunctious and yeah.... It was a bit too late for that lol. Since the mirena has been out, my libido skyrocketed.

:rofl: My libido did the same thing after I stopped bcp

Angel- I'm so glad you found a clinic and docs that are good!! I've had a couple friends that have had the HSG and they said it's just a little crampy but not bad. Are you still able to try this cycle? Did the doc give any sort of indicator of if there was an issue? (Low progesterone or anything?)

Gagarlin- my doc had told me to wait a few months before they induced a period too. I guess it just depends!

I can still try this cycle as far as I know. So we are going To keep trying. Doc didn't say about anything being wrong because we can't start testing hormones until next cycle. He is treating this not as infertility but as successive losses so he's going to try to find out why I keep having CPs. Could be hormones or my uterus shape or sperm shape or a million other things. We will start at beginning of next cycle so they can get base line from cd1 onwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->