Stopping BCP to TTC***Updates & Progress/Noted Changes Since Stopping BCP***24BFPs***

Well still kinda heavy today...not sure if this is my period now and to expect to ovulate still this month (originally was showing it should be in the last few days of December assuming I wouldn't ovulate this month due to bcp. So confused as now I have no idea when it might be:wacko:

Hello! I was on BCP for 6 years. I stopped taking BCP in July. I finished the whole pack and I did not experience breakthrough bleeding. I thought I was pregnant my first month off BCP, but it was just my hormones. My cycles are now between 26-28 days. AF lasts between 4-5 days. Before and during BCP AF always lasted for 7 days. I don't want to ever go on BCP again. While I was on them, every morning I used to wake up with headaches. Blood pressure used to be sky high. Now my blood pressure is normal now. I have not taken any blood pressure medication in a while now. If I need to take them I have plenty of medication. The one thing that I hate is that the cramps and acne is worse being off of BCP.

I hope it don't take me a year to get pregnant. My Dr. did say that it does not matter how long I been on BCP that I can get pregnant under a year. Will keep my FX for all you ladies!:flower:

Thanks so much! I'm really hoping we can get pregnant sometime next year...all this crazyness of stopping, I'm not counting on anything for December obviously. If I go back to a typical cycle I'd be ovulating around the beginning of February and I can't help but wish for a BFP for valentines for my husband (we agreed no presents for the next year due a vacation we're taking). I would love to be able to give him that "gift" of a positive test for Valentine's day. Wishful hoping, I know, but loads of baby dust to everyone

I took BCP for 6 years; hubby and I decided out of the blue that we were ready to have a child - stopped taking it mid-cyle in June, had two regular periods at the beginning of July and August, and found out I was pregnant at the end of August.

Everybody is different, but my body definitely didn't have any problem with reverting back to it's natural cycle right away.

Good luck!

I had the same thing with the cramps. I've been off the BC since August (having been on for over 10 years) and the first and second AF were TERRIBLE! Heating pad, sore boobs and everything. Every month it got better. My cycles are getting better, was 35 days and now closer to 30. Hang in there. Oh, I never really believed in the whole Midol thing, always thought it was a joke but I just couldn't take the cramps and my cousin said it has a muscle relaxer in it and OMG it made all the difference this past month. Good luck!

Thanks MrsMosi! I'll keep that in mind, period is due to show later next week which means more cramping :( Never had much for cramps while on BC, I kinda forgot what a natural period feels like after all these years. I never really thought about it, but its amazing how much it changes your body. So glad to finally be done!!

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to this journey along with everyone else! After lots of discussions, DH and I have just decided it's time to start TTC. I have been on low dose birth control pills for 11 years. I am currently mid-pack and want to finish the pack before quitting in hopes of not completely messing up my cycle. I have done a ton of looking online trying to find out what side effects I'll have when I stop taking the pills. I have unfortunately stumbled upon some horror scenarios where some women have had very irregular periods for several months, up to a year after quitting. I would like to start trying as soon as my next cycle is completed, but I'm worried about having very irregular periods. I'm looking for information on others experiences...how long until you got your first period after quitting, was it regular, irregular? and so on. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

I had a HIDEOUS time coming off of a low-estrogen pill in May, my body is still trying to regulate. Like others, the first month I SWORE I was pregnant - I was so, so sick. Heartburn, nausea, headaches, dizzy, gas..

The first few months my cycles were fairly normal - 26 days, 36 days, 24 days, then BAM... 67 days, 42 days. So, there's just no rhyme or reason to the body figuring it out.

My emotions have been all over the place, I have had HORRIBLE acne (worse than ever in my life) and I've gained weight, despite eating healthy and exercise.

So, just be prepared - you could be one of the lucky women who transition easily, or one of the less fortunate.

Because of the irregularity, I have no idea if I've ovulated, but this cycle, my doctor is finally going to test to figure it out. And if I haven't, on to Clomid for me.

Good luck dear! :hugs:

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to this journey along with everyone else! After lots of discussions, DH and I have just decided it's time to start TTC. I have been on low dose birth control pills for 11 years. I am currently mid-pack and want to finish the pack before quitting in hopes of not completely messing up my cycle. I have done a ton of looking online trying to find out what side effects I'll have when I stop taking the pills. I have unfortunately stumbled upon some horror scenarios where some women have had very irregular periods for several months, up to a year after quitting. I would like to start trying as soon as my next cycle is completed, but I'm worried about having very irregular periods. I'm looking for information on others experiences...how long until you got your first period after quitting, was it regular, irregular? and so on. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

I had a HIDEOUS time coming off of a low-estrogen pill in May, my body is still trying to regulate. Like others, the first month I SWORE I was pregnant - I was so, so sick. Heartburn, nausea, headaches, dizzy, gas..

The first few months my cycles were fairly normal - 26 days, 36 days, 24 days, then BAM... 67 days, 42 days. So, there's just no rhyme or reason to the body figuring it out.

My emotions have been all over the place, I have had HORRIBLE acne (worse than ever in my life) and I've gained weight, despite eating healthy and exercise.

So, just be prepared - you could be one of the lucky women who transition easily, or one of the less fortunate.

Because of the irregularity, I have no idea if I've ovulated, but this cycle, my doctor is finally going to test to figure it out. And if I haven't, on to Clomid for me.

Good luck dear! :hugs:

Thank you! I'm hoping for the best, but not expecting it. My face broke out just terrible this week :( I almost looked like an allergic reaction as it was acne and my skin just looked inflammed all over my cheeks. I decided to try a new face wash and it seems to be helping a bit. As far as emotions go, I have been all over the place. I've had a few days of tears or near tears over absolutely nothing at all:dohh: The more I realize the effects bcp's had on my body, the more I don't ever want to take them again.

I'm in the exact same boat. I was on BCP for 12 years... And I am 28. I Just Finished my last pack in November. This month so far has been crazy with emotions and cramping. I had terrible cramping for a day this week and I'm guessing I o'd that day. I was really hoping we could conceive pretty quickly but the more I hear the more disheartened I feel about it :( I have no idea if my periods were regular before BCP, but they were very regular and easy, pain free on BCP. Af is due on the 25th... Not looking forward to that!! Keep updating... I will do the same !! GL

Hi Johnsa! Thanks for commenting, how crazy everything you said would describe me to a T! and I'm 28 as well! AF is due somewhere around the 21stfor me so our cycles are fairly close. I'd be very interested to hear how this continues for you as well.
Are you TTC #1, or do you have a LO already? Don't be disheartened already, I've been stalking this site for some time and I've come to realize it doesn't really matter what you're history is, sometimes the bean sticks right away and sometimes it doesn't. So happy to be in this journey with you (and all the other wonderful ladies on this site)! Good luck to you!

Yeah I really did not realize how much BCP affected me! Ugh. It's like it numbs your body...! Weird.

We are trying for our first :)

Stay in touch Johnsa! I'd love to hear your progress through this. I'm in on a thread for January testers right now if you want to join us :) It's so nice to find commonalities with others on here, makes me feel a little more sane through this whole process. Lots of baby dust to you!

I'm 29 and stopped after finishing the pack in August. So far my cycles have been 29, 34, 28 and I know af will show any second and that will make this one 28 or 29 if she waits until tomorrow.
I have been emotional but I don't know if it is because of the Bcp or ttc. I feel like I was poisoning my body with Bcp. Hopefully it is gone now and I can get pregnant soon

How is everyone doing? I am about 7/8 dpo. No symptoms, other than really moody and some minor cramping -- I am attributing everything to getting of BCP! AF is due on the 25th. We shall see!

Question... I have read a few people say that they did not ovulate for a couple cycles after getting off of BCP. How would one know that they did not ovulate? Do they use an OPK and it just never gives a positive result, or temp, or what? I am a little worried that I did not ovulate. I was reading into using CM as a predictor, but I really don't see a change in my CM from when I was on BCP to now... Nothing seems different. I thought BCP made you NOT ovulate? Confused...!

TIA - I am still learning...!! :wacko:

So for those following along, thought I'd post an update. AF was due on the 22nd. Had minor cramping early yesterday and started spotting early this morning and have full blown AF now, so at least onto the next cycle! CD1 and counting!:happydance:

Johnsa, I was wondering the same thing about ovulating and CM. I've been trying to look into this more and see what is what exactly, but I haven't noticed much of a change in CM for me, however, I didn't start checking until relatively recently. For fear of not ovulating, I plan on using OPKs and trying to check CM regularly with the hopes of knowing whether or not I O for certain (and of course to catch the egg!)
Anyone else with input on the topic please leave thoughts as I'm very interested in this topic as well!

I'm not too sure but I don't think you get your period if you haven't ovulated. So since you are on CD 1 now you must have ovulated! Usually it's 14 days from the time you ovulated that you get your period. That's why people say they have a two week wait after they ovulate (That's when they know they have ovulated- it takes a while to learn the symptoms of your body and temp and do OPK stuff) to see if they are pregnant or if AF comes....Some people's cycles are longer some months because it took longer to ovulate but will still be 14 days from then when AF comes. :)

But BCP function by stopping ovulation, and I still got AF on BCP...?

Good point but Its because on the pill when we take the last week off or take sugar pills our body isn't receiving the hormones anymore so we have a 'withdrawal' bleed. It isn't the same as a period really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->