Stopping BCP to TTC***Updates & Progress/Noted Changes Since Stopping BCP***24BFPs***

Although that said, a few weeks ago, I posted a pic of my CM so that makes me a hypocrite, LOL!

linds... I would think EWCM dripped out means you have a LOT of it... and ready to ovulate. What was your cervix like?

I think you get it right before and during, but I'm not sure, so hopefully someone else will have a little input! But I can tell it is the most fertile so get BDing while you've got it :)

haha! I know, the problem was that day I was at work and my hubby and I could not do the BD that weekend! He had to go to the ER and was on some heavy medications. BUT I thought since we did the day before i noticed the EWCM there was still a chance. But my AF came yesterday so I'm onto my 3rd cycle.

Wtbam- I have not started looking into what my cervix is like that. I'll have to study up on that topic.

If you have a look at my chart (in my sig) you will notice that I started doing more and more things as the weeks have gone by. I started temping, then checking my CM and my CP. At first I was grossed out by even the idea of trying to feel my cervix… then I couldn’t even reach it! I tried all the positions I could think of, but no go. In the end, I found the way to do it, that works for me. Crouch down, press your bum into your heels and do it that way. I use my 2nd and 3rd finger, and hold them to the back as much as I can as I found putting pressure on the front made me feel a bit sore. It’s amazing how different my cervix can feel… soft compared to hard! I read on here that when it’s hard it will feel like a pair of lips/nose, and when it’s soft, it practically disappears (this is what I find anyone – someone else might say different)

Hey, Thanks twinkie2 and everyone for the updates. It's nice to know how it will be coming off the pill. Good luck to you all. :dust:

Hang in there Wtbam! EWCM sounds promising for O, I have a difficult time telling open and closed, I'm hoping that after checking a whole cycle I'll be able to tell the difference based on when I end up ovulating.

Johnsa-I've got you on the front page thread showing 1st cycle off BFP!! How are you feeling? Looking back, any symptoms that you had after ovulation before you got your BFP?

I didn't really have any symptoms, which is why I thought I was completely out. The first symptom I had was really sore breasts, and I think that was 1 day before my BFP. But then again... I get that with AF so it wasn't that odd. I was also pretty crabby and emotional between conception date and BFP, but that's similar to PMS too... so who knows.

Good luck ladies... it will happen for you soon! :) Think positive thoughts!!

Great thread! I had no idea this existed. I'm excited to jump in here and see everyone else's experiences

I am currently CD15 after finishing my last pill pack and we're TTC#1. The "period" on my chart is my last withdrawal bleed. I was on the pill for 8 or so years. Before the pill I was extremely irregular but that was mostly due to eating issues. Prior to those I was fairly regular (30/31 days-ish) with slightly heavy periods.

I know I haven't O'd yet since I've been doing OPKs but I did have a big temp drop yesterday. Unfortunately I'm traveling now so my temp isn't very accurate. I'm really hoping to O soon! I have had some weird symptoms, very much like PMS, on CD10 and CD14. Other than that just waiting and BDing ;)

So I am now completely confused and would like your advice girls!

Yesterday I started getting AF cramps, slowly worsening throughout the day and terrible last night. OH told me to take pain killers but I was so pleased to be feeling SOMETHING after 2 months of nothing....

This morning I was positive AF would be here, but nothing.

I went to the nurse this morning and talked things over, she said to come back in 1 month if AF still wasn't here...

Anyway, this morning I did an OPK... and had my darkest one SO FAR.... but not positive.... most have either been stark white, or very very pale... this one has started to have a little bit of pink colour?

The odd thing is - yesterday I had EWCM, today, nothing other than a little bit of white tacky CM, but everything is very dry. Cervix is medium/soft, and high.

Any ideas? What are these cramps? Why is the OPK darker than others with no EWCM?

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/Shellieshorses/Mobile%20Uploads/20140130_134633_zps5dfa7308.jpg

I looked at your chart and it looks like you already did ovulate and are 9 dpo correct? I'm not sure what the dotted lines mean, and why they aren't solid. I've heard some people get positive OPKs when waiting for AF, and go on to get BFPs. I'd say wait a few days to see if AF comes and if it doesnt, do a test. But if you can't wait, do a preg test now (I know i would).

I didn't think I ovulated because even though I had a few days of EWCM with a soft, high cervix, I didn't have one single + OPK! I had 2 days of high temps after but I put that down to having a cold.... seeing as they dropped again.... FF then gave me the dotted crosshairs (I believe that means that there are signs you ovulated but something is contradicting).....

I did wonder if my cramps could be implantation cramps (wishful thinking perhaps) but I doubt it because of the lack of + OPK and no sustained temp rise 7 days ago..............

Maybe your body is gearing up to ovulate. Keep testing with the OPKs to see if it gets darker. I have no idea, but I'm curious to see what happens. If you ovulate in a few days or get your BFP in a few days, I'm sure either one will be great news for you. Fx...

Wtbam- I think you should take a preg test! I have read somewhere that theyOPKs may not be always accurate. You could be experience cramping from pregnancy, especially if you haven't had AF. I would take a test just to know whether or not :)

Good luck!

Eeek! I think I will do one on sunday. Wishful thinking of course but maybe the cramping was implantation cramps? Dont want to get my hopes up....

Anyone else got any updates yet girls?

Nothing from me yet. I'm on CD10 and waiting to ovulate. Probably have another 10-20 days of nothing to do but to wait. :coffee: Sucks!

It does! Now I don't know if I have or haven't ovulated.... dying to test but don't want another BFN...

Still no + OPKs here. FF thinks I ovulated but I've been traveling 3 time zones away so will have to mess with it. I have been overly emotional more and the biggest difference is I haven't noticed any soreness from BDing like I used to get a lot on the pill. Good thing since we're keeping it up until I ovulate or this cycle ends!

Well I caved and tested..... BFN on 2 hr urine hold. I also had some SUPER stretchy cm (more stretchy that my thumb and finger could even do!) ...... no idea what that was as the cm before was creamy and again after! ... I also did an OPK.... negative.

Still the cramps continue........

Hi ladies,
I'm new to the forums and so glad to see this thread! This is my first cycle off bcp after taking it for 15 years!! Very interesting to see everyone's experiences.

Mine so far...I finished my last pack of birth control in December, got my withdrawal bleed as normal, and then obviously just didn't start a new pack when I normally would have. I've had a ton of weird symptoms in the first couple of weeks, headaches, bloated, sore breasts, but still would say I feel pretty great, in a way that I don't really know how to explain. Around CD14 I had a day of cramping, which I never got on the pill, so I thought maybe I was Ovulating (didn't have OPKs to check) now I'm on CD38, I have had very sore nipples and cramping for a few days that, strong enough to make me swear AF is starting, but so far nothing, just your basic creamy CF. Cycles on pill were 28 days so I Took a test yesterday but was negative as expected. So, waiting, waiting...

Once AF arrives I will begin charting so I have A better idea of my cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->